What you did today

Tale

Low power anything tends to be unexciting.

What about the emperor of ice cream?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What about the emperor of ice cream?

You lost me on that one. :)

...but I've often wanted a super powered ice cream maker. None of that wait for an hour or four. Ice cream done in 5 minutes. That's the ticket.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Joke about low energy states.

The Emperor of Ice-Cream

Call the roller of big cigars,
The muscular one, and bid him whip
In kitchen cups concupiscent curds.
Let the wenches dawdle in such dress
As they are used to wear, and let the boys
Bring flowers in last month's newspapers.
Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream.

Take from the dresser of deal,
Lacking the three glass knobs, that sheet
On which she embroidered fantails once
And spread it so as to cover her face.
If her horny feet protrude, they come
To show how cold she is, and dumb.
Let the lamp affix its beam.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nice boring Friday, though I find it funny the coffee date (appointment ?) I have is on the hottest day this week. Also this smog is still here, looks pretty horrible from up here - and the weather guys said this would blow out on Tuesday *snort*

Is funny to see how our customers work, lucky things banks have money to burn with departments warring with each other or clueless people just collecting 6 figures.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Careful, Malc. I know quite a few banks who go heavy with surveillance on their techies. You should avoid sharing anything here which you don't want HR throwing at you.

-Elwood Blues

Oh, I don't work FOR a bank I work with them. Supply them with software that helps them rule the world, etc. etc. They treat their staff like crap, I can't imagine having to put up with people screeching at you constantly without being able to punch/stab/poison them.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm currently sitting in Dublin city council meeting-conference-thing for how many new buzzwords and logos and "ecosystems" they can come up with in addition to what they have. Complete with a "why Dublin is so awesome" enactment-play that's about as hip as a ministry of tourism ad.

I do like the city. I didn't expect that. I love the 12C, 30km/h wind weather.

Had a great time yesterday. My GF has an apartment right on Overton Park in Memphis. It's on the 5th floor with a balcony that faces west so we had a great (if distant) view of the fireworks over downtown & the river. I wish I could have brought my pup but fireworks and dogs do not mix. Especially off the ground floor. Going on the road to Louisville next week. We won a bid to build a public access DAS at the executive airport so I'm doing the layout and walk down. She wanted to come with but I asked if she would be willing to stay at my place while I'm gone and keep the dog company. Sometimes bringing him is a lot of hassle and he does not like boarding much.

If you ever get a chance to get back with an ex, you should at least try. Absence (and a series of bad relationships that make you both realize you were a good fit) do make the heart grow fonder.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Oh, I don't work FOR a bank I work with them. Supply them with software that helps them rule the world, etc. etc. They treat their staff like crap, I can't imagine having to put up with people screeching at you constantly without being able to punch/stab/poison them.

I've found this forum to be excellent practice for those situations...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I made a large pot of chili and wrapped good hotdogs(from a meat market, not the crap you get from a supermarket) in bacon, which I intend to grill with some burgers. Made a 2 cookie cakes last night and am going to stack them and frost with cream cheese frosting. Currently drinking a nice stout and about to fire up BGT.

Got home late, slept late, drinking coffee now and getting ready to fire up Skyrim. I just started it for the first time yesterday. So far it's just about the best game ever.

I've been thinking of reinstalling that, any worthwhile mods I should know about?

I'm using mainly GEM mods. I like subtle gameplay enhancements. I don't go for weapon or armor mods because they are usually way too strong and it throws the game out of balance. I want it to be a little difficult. I want the caves and dungeons to be dark, I don't want to have to look at the time to see if it's day or night, and if the game has torches, I want them to be useful. I also use a mod the doubles the leveling requirement. I don't want to be level 20 before I've even got good and into the main story line.

The way I play these games is by coming up with a concept character and then role playing the concept. My PC now is a Nord that hates magic and refuses to use it or any enchanted weapons or armor.

The next time I think I might try a druid type player that relies only on alchemy and wooden weapons and hide armor.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Feeling like some kind of gullible fool I have paid my mate's rent arrears as a gift. This is in pursuit of trying to reverse a trend towards doing the right thing on paper and behaving like a ****. Going to miss the money, but miss it less than the thought of a friend on the street (presumably :) )

~~

Word of caution to everyone but Guard Dog on the ex front:

1) exes became exes for a reason. Often the reason hasn't gone away.

2) Why not try something new?

3) The hard part is letting go.

Deadmoneyscreen_09B.jpg

-Elwood Blues

This place isn't all that suitable for it, really. Too nice.

This place isn't all that suitable for it, really. Too nice.

Clearly, you've never disagreed with the hive mind over a Bioware game ;)

• Like 2

Hm, a hive mind here, I don't know. Generally it's wishy-washy "I like their games but they do have silly stuff" for the most part. Maybe I am not looking closely. Or have a higher threshold for hatred :p

Hm, a hive mind here, I don't know. Generally it's wishy-washy "I like their games but they do have silly stuff" for the most part. Maybe I am not looking closely. Or have a higher threshold for hatred :p

Or you've never been in my pm box. Good thing, too.

I still don't get hate PMs. I guess I need to be more snide.

Today's misread headline:

"Egypt swears at new interim leader."

-Elwood Blues

I still don't get hate PMs. I guess I need to be more snide.

I've got about one hate PM as long as I've been here and I'm a huge jerk. I got a declaration of love once, though.

Guess which kind I just sent you.

-Elwood Blues

Google/YouTube's forced me into their new menu/interface now. All I have to say is ... YUCK.

Tired of being inside today...time to go outside for a bit.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Dear Diary: outside achieved (it's cooled off today and late afternoon feels good instead of "I'm mellltingggg"), a little color in the face, a little exercise, blah blah ... I'm ready to be a couch potato for the evening.

If it stays this temp, might try a long hike tomorrow morning. Just not too steep. The downhill would kill me. I'm not a huge exercise sort these days but this knee stuff has even me feeling like more of a log than I want to be. Or maybe the beach...walking a few miles on sand might be good.

I had a total nightmare last night, in my dream I was carrying my trusty old shotgun on a sling when it slipped off my shoulder and hit the concrete floor really hard muzzle-first. When I picked the gun up to check it for damage the whole rather thin barrel was bent.  ;(

Thats when I woke up, I immediately ran to my safe to check my shotgun for any damage. *wipes away sweat*

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

"Your rifle is your best friend..."

~

I'm learning to manage a new business by starting on the shop floor. Hopping around like a mentalist most days. Rule 1 for me is if I've stopped moving then I've forgotten something I was supposed to be doing. Fortunately I'm getting old, so I still get rest breaks. :)

Given half day, to enjoy the sunshine! Good management skills there.

-Elwood Blues

Man the culture of rural Denmark has become a mystery to me (born and raised originally), Guess I've lived in the city for too long. Farmer culture is entirely too quiet for me, although they party wild and hard. I'll give 'em that - and flirting ... ain't subtle!

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.