What you did today

Tale

Meh, maggots are pure protein. I kid, I probably would have vomited into the can.

Speaking of unholy vomit, something got into my poor dog yesterday. I get home from work to see her suspiciously hiding behind the dining room table. This is a dead give away that she has a guilty conscience over something she did. Then I notice a huge puddle of vomit in the middle of the kitchen. Then I see more in the living room. Then more on the middle landing of the stairs where she like to lay. Then more at the top. Then more in my bedroom. And finally finishing up in the master bathroom. I felt so bad for her I couldn't even get mad about picking it all up.

I've been there, except I was the dog.

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Meh, maggots are pure protein. I kid, I probably would have vomited into the can.

Speaking of unholy vomit, something got into my poor dog yesterday. I get home from work to see her suspiciously hiding behind the dining room table. This is a dead give away that she has a guilty conscience over something she did. Then I notice a huge puddle of vomit in the middle of the kitchen. Then I see more in the living room. Then more on the middle landing of the stairs where she like to lay. Then more at the top. Then more in my bedroom. And finally finishing up in the master bathroom. I felt so bad for her I couldn't even get mad about picking it all up.

I've been there, except I was the dog.

:biggrin:

Okay that gets my funniest post of the week award :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've just been waterboarded 5 times. For fun. I friend of mine and I wanted to know how bad waterboarding really is (we didn't believe all the media hyperbole), I set up my weight bench outside the garden, friend tied up my hands behind my back and the bench, put a thick shirt over my face completely covering it and slowly poured water at it with a big 10L watering can.
The first, 15-20 seconds aren't so bad because you're holding your breath but once you start running out of oxygen and breathe in that little air that gets through the wet shirt along with lots of cold water you totally feel like drowning. Its extremely exhausting.The 5 or so seconds between the pouring is hardly enough to stop panicking.

Its torture, but I still made it through 2 stints of 2x 20 seconds with 5 seconds of rest, at least I beat that wuss from the video who only made it through 7 seconds. Pfff.... :facepalm:  But getting water boarded for hours? Hell. And extremely effective. 

Don't get me wrong, I expected it to be totally awful but I really thought more air gets through the shirt and its possible to stay calm. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I've just been waterboarded 5 times. For fun. I friend of mine and I wanted to know how bad waterboarding really is (we didn't believe all the media hyperbole), I set up my weight bench outside the garden, friend tied up my hands behind my back and the bench, put a thick shirt over my face completely covering it and slowly poured water at it with a big 10L watering can.

The first, 15-20 seconds aren't so bad because you're holding your breath but once you start running out of oxygen and breathe in that little air that gets through the wet shirt along with lots of cold water you totally feel like drowning. Its extremely exhausting.The 5 or so seconds between the pouring is hardly enough to stop panicking.

Its torture, but I still made it through 2 stints of 2x 20 seconds with 5 seconds of rest, at least I beat that wuss from the video who only made it through 7 seconds. Pfff.... :facepalm:  But getting water boarded for hours? Hell. And extremely effective. 

Don't get me wrong, I expected it to be totally awful but I really thought more air gets through the shirt and its possible to stay calm. 

Holy smoke Woldan but you never cease to amaze with some of your physical antics. I have always wondered what an Iron Maiden feels like, maybe you should build one, test it out and let us know the result?

:biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I mentioned that I found a reference to waterboarding from around 1616 in the book Nathaniel's Nutmeg? Dutch did it to English sailors. Caused an uproar.

The thought doesn't thrill me, I must say. Strange kudos to you for giving it a go, though. For next Alqventure, I recommend you next try being strafed by apache helicopters.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I mentioned that I found a reference to waterboarding from around 1616 in the book Nathaniel's Nutmeg? Dutch did it to English sailors. Caused an uproar.

The thought doesn't thrill me, I must say. Strange kudos to you for giving it a go, though. For next Alqventure, I recommend you next try being strafed by apache helicopters.

Hm, I thought this kind of torture was mainly used in east Asia at that time, it surprises me to learn that Europeans also practiced it.

For next Alqventure, I recommend you next try being strafed by apache helicopters.

I already have a new project, got the idea from this video and I can use my experiences I gained from my todays...test:

:p

I wnt out to run with my brother today. i ran for five minutes. What in the seven hells? Only five minutes? You might ask yourselves and I'd say that's a very legitimate question. The thing is that he is way faster than me and weighs 20 kilograms less than me. What I did was: Tell him I was going to run at his tempo today. He gave me a look, almost like I was crazy and then said "Uh, sure, if you say so". I expected to last 1 minute but I lasted 5 minutes. Not bad at all. The pace was much faster than I'm used to but damn did it feel good. I had to walk the rest of the way, not because my legs hurt or me getting tired or heart beating to fast. What happened was that I got a stitch (that's the right word, right?) and it hurt like hell. It was still a great feeling running at that pace and I'm looking forward to the next time we do this. Tomorrow I'm going for interval training. I love that kind of training and it really feels like you get a quick result in getting better fitness.

I've lost two kilograms in the last week and it feels great. I'll start whatever new work I get as a more fit man.

• Like 2

Am not sure if I'm doing a good or bad thing, but my interim boss (she hired me, but isn't keeping the position because of school taking priority) is going through a bad break up, and I'm basically poking her every so often via phone to make sure she's doing ok. From what I can tell we have similar psych profiles so we know how each other work.

And for the record she classifies herself as 70/30 Lesbian/Straight so no, this probably won't turn into a relationship.

Also, saturday has a new "first" for work. I'm driving the minibus to the airport because if I took one of our vans, I'd have exactly 0 room in the back and everyone'd be uncomfortable.

And I'm really happy because we're getting a brand new bus to replace the old E250 in the garage that has 600k miles, has INCREDIBLY loose steering, and once you start going over 55 the engine shakes the Chassis so much that any girl would have a FUN time if she was sitting on a hard object.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I wnt out to run with my brother today. i ran for five minutes. What in the seven hells? Only five minutes? You might ask yourselves and I'd say that's a very legitimate question. The thing is that he is way faster than me and weighs 20 kilograms less than me. What I did was: Tell him I was going to run at his tempo today. He gave me a look, almost like I was crazy and then said "Uh, sure, if you say so". I expected to last 1 minute but I lasted 5 minutes. Not bad at all. The pace was much faster than I'm used to but damn did it feel good. I had to walk the rest of the way, not because my legs hurt or me getting tired or heart beating to fast. What happened was that I got a stitch (that's the right word, right?) and it hurt like hell. It was still a great feeling running at that pace and I'm looking forward to the next time we do this. Tomorrow I'm going for interval training. I love that kind of training and it really feels like you get a quick result in getting better fitness.

I've lost two kilograms in the last week and it feels great. I'll start whatever new work I get as a more fit man.

That's a good start and well done but in life we have to honest with ourselves. If you can't run more than 5 minutes you are horribly unfit. But you already know this and as your fitness increases your endurance will increase. Sorry if I sound harsh but I think honesty is the best policy when it comes to our general health. Keep us updated around your training :)

John Milton 

What in the world is that canned food, anyway? Rice and squash with gravy gel?

...played some Planet Explorers, strength-exercised my knees/legs (short periods multiple times a day...sigh), danced around the living room with a cat (one day I should try to get a video of that), watched TV, smooched the spouse.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, the psychological impact of the situation is obviously a bit different, him being your friend and all that. And unless he's a professional torturer (him being your friend and all, I'm not automatically dismissing the possibility) it's possible that he couldn't make it as unpleasant as someone with more practice could. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, the psychological impact of the situation is obviously a bit different, him being your friend and all that. And unless he's a professional torturer (him being your friend and all, I'm not automatically dismissing the possibility) it's possible that he couldn't make it as unpleasant as someone with more practice could. :p

You're wrong, it creates the feeling you're about to drown, thats such a strong feeling that you will forget where you are and who tortures you, you're panicking, only fighting for air and you think you're dying. And you don't need any practice at all to waterboard someone, maybe thats why its so widely used nowadays. Pour water over someones covered face until that person runs out of oxygen, make a short break, repeat. 

Try it out.  :p

That's a good start and well done but in life we have to honest with ourselves. If you can't run more than 5 minutes you are horribly unfit. But you already know this and as your fitness increases your endurance will increase. Sorry if I sound harsh but I think honesty is the best policy when it comes to our general health. Keep us updated around your training :)

I know. I run more than five minutes usually, just not at the pace my brother does. I'm unfit, there's no denying that and it is the reason I am doing this. When I run at my own pace, I usually run for half an hour. Still not good enough, but better than five minutes. Yesterday, I just wanted to see for how long I could keep up with my little bro without choking.

I know. I run more than five minutes usually, just not at the pace my brother does. I'm unfit, there's no denying that and it is the reason I am doing this. When I run at my own pace, I usually run for half an hour. Still not good enough, but better than five minutes. Yesterday, I just wanted to see for how long I could keep up with my little bro without choking.

I think 30 minutes is good so you obviously aren't completely unfit, I assume this is road running and not at the gym on a treadmill?

Personally I think road running is harder than running at the gym

John Milton 

I assume you are talking about some sort of interval training?

Found this British Army get fit guide. http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/Fitnes_LowRes.pdf Give it a read. They are past masters at getting pasty freaks like me to a state of slightly less pasty freakishness. You'll be fine.

Aside:

F*** me, but this hot spell looks like it's here to stay! Loving it.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

You're wrong, it creates the feeling you're about to drown, thats such a strong feeling that you will forget where you are and who tortures you, you're panicking, only fighting for air and you think you're dying. And you don't need any practice at all to waterboard someone, maybe thats why its so widely used nowadays. Pour water over someones covered face until that person runs out of oxygen, make a short break, repeat. 

I just think it's a waste of water, just pouring into someone's face to simulate drowning when you can actually drown them in a tub.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I just think it's a waste of water, just pouring into someone's face to simulate drowning when you can actually drown them in a tub.

Its' always the same with you. You can't be bothered with waterboarding, you don't want to go out to Nandos, you want to home-build a dirty bomb rather than order one in from Pakistan...

You used to be so much fun.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I think 30 minutes is good so you obviously aren't completely unfit, I assume this is road running and not at the gym on a treadmill?

Personally I think road running is harder than running at the gym

I never run on a treadmill. We have a fairly good running track in the woods near us. Lots of people over here use it.

Was: I'll take a llok at that, thanks.

Oh, and the hot spell seems to have ended for now. It's rainy and not very hot.

Heh, one of my friends jogs and I tried joining him. What i found out is that his "jogging" is actually full on running for 3 miles. By the time I hit the 1.5 mile mark, I found my vision tunneling down to pin pricks. Oxygen starvation is certainly interesting. And yeah, definitely not up to that pace.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Its' always the same with you. You can't be bothered with waterboarding, you don't want to go out to Nandos, you want to home-build a dirty bomb rather than order one in from Pakistan...

You used to be so much fun.

I think it's time we started seeing other genocidal maniacs.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I thought we were omnicidal? No wonder!

An 'open genocidal' relationship? Just when I thought genocide couldn't get any creepier...

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Used my airmiles to get a replacement Xbox. Should be here tomorrow or Friday. Ye ay, free!

Just need to get my real profile on to it when it comes. My online one is a bit out of date. The last time I had it hooked up to the net was when ME3 came out, and I finally had all my games with me, so I finally got a lot of my games patched like New Vegas.

Then it died late last summer.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I'd personally be most curious about the tar and feathers.

What about working in an office? I hear thats the worst torture imaginable and..... nah, I don't want to ruin myself permanently, scratch that.

• Like 1