Dragon Age: Inquisition

Psssh.  My last name is Schumacher.  I'm genetically predisposed to attempting world takeovers every few decades are so.

Or winning Formula 1 championships by ramming the people who might beat you otherwise.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

But you joking about finishing Wizardry at such a young age right?

I'm not certain I finished it, though I definitely got past the big battle on level 4, and got frustrated by the level with all the teleporters (5?). My dad created the characters for me, so it wasn't a fully independent achievement anyway. I distinctly remember getting really upset when he went on a field trip with the computer, and one of his students killed most of my party.

• Like 1

I reached kill screen in Donkey Kong when I was 8. Who cares about crappy arrpeegee.

Tyranthraxus > Donkey Kong

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

And all I ever did was manage to land an F-117A properly at age 9. That was a good flight sim. As for advertising in the games, well, got to have NPCs saying it in the town as you pass by. Hard to do in a medieval type fantasy RPG, well, unless you have Schick daggers and Gilette claymores.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A stronghold on a remote mountain peak with no nearby farmland? Well I hope it either guards a valuable trade route or there are productive mines nearby. Otherwise you're not getting much income.

A big part of the player experience this time around will be the option to grow a vegetable garden, found in the "Agriculture" skill tree after reaching a certain level.

Can I grow my own LI? Pumpkin lurve? SQUEEEEEEE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOEuY5lWENg

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

And all I ever did was manage to land an F-117A properly at age 9. That was a good flight sim. As for advertising in the games, well, got to have NPCs saying it in the town as you pass by. Hard to do in a medieval type fantasy RPG, well, unless you have Schick daggers and Gilette claymores.

Don't think I've ever managed that, even in attempts to play again within the last few years. :(

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I refuse to get excited by concept art.

I like concept art for its own sake but I don't get hyped about it.

However, I do like the continuing suggestions that the PC will get their own castle or base.

That seems like it was one of the first things confirmed. Or maybe it was just so widely suggested I got that impression.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Cheylus wrote...

Found on the Dragon Age France (official) page on Facebook.

And also tweeted here: https://twitter.com/dragonage/status/357546114775396353/photo/1

457346_635834336428082_1066682518_o.jpg

Legend says: "It wasn’t hidden, it was uncontrolled. Like the power you now command"

This is the castle we've already seen from another angle before among the first concept arts.

A tweet from Cameron Lee implied it's the castle the player will own.

Yo dawg, we herd you like Skyrim so we put some Skyrim in your Dragon Age so you can Skyrim while you Dragon Age?

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Cheylus wrote...

Found on the Dragon Age France (official) page on Facebook.

And also tweeted here: https://twitter.com/dragonage/status/357546114775396353/photo/1

457346_635834336428082_1066682518_o.jpg

Legend says: "It wasn’t hidden, it was uncontrolled. Like the power you now command"

This is the castle we've already seen from another angle before among the first concept arts.

A tweet from Cameron Lee implied it's the castle the player will own.

Yo dawg, we herd you like Skyrim so we put some Skyrim in your Dragon Age so you can Skyrim while you Dragon Age?

That sounds incredibly stupid, so I'm sure it is exactly what EA plans to do.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

You mean, the board room discussion went something like this...

Exec #1: I heard Skyrim sold well, shouldn't we make our own Skyrim, similar but different?

Exec #2: Brilliant idea. Lets create a world that is much more open than previously and add Dragons to it!

;)

Joking aside, I *am* curious about how the game is shaping up and I would lie if I said I wasn't interested. The two previous games were so different from each other, that it means I won't try to expect a third to match any of them in style and what they are trying to accomplish.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Is it just me, but does DragonRim sound a bit rude?

Just put some lube in it an you'll find it fitting, coincidentally that's very close to the new BW romance option. 

First they wanted to be dragons now they want to romance Dragons, Day 1 exclusive Dragon companion DLC.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Is it just me, but does DragonRim sound a bit rude?

how_to_challenge_your_dragon_by_fool-d38

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 5

You mean, the board room discussion went something like this...

Exec #1: I heard Skyrim sold well, shouldn't we make our own Skyrim, similar but different?

Exec #2: Brilliant idea. Lets create a world that is much more open than previously and add Dragons to it!

You are confusing it with Twitcher 3.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I can imagine Bioware trying to make an open-world / sandbox game.

Dave Gaider: So the world is like really *really* open!

Design Minion: Cool.

DG: Yeah, like look at this area. It's called The Really Open Quest Area.

DM: Cool, Dave. You're great.

DG: I know. Anyhoo, you go to this area. You meet this elf, OK? And then there's a cutscene, you make out and have to fight to save, like, A PRINCESS! This is mature totally open gameplay.

DM: Do you *have* to save the princess?

DG: Well, yeah.

DM: I though this was a sandbox type game.

DG: It is.

DM: How?

DG: Well, you can make out with the princess or not make out with the princess! SANDBOX HUH???

sonsofgygax.JPG

In its defense, everything seems to be going open world next generation. I guess it makes them have to worry less when it comes to level design.

Because that was an area that much effort went into in DA2.  :biggrin:

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

The thing is, I hate dungeons. So I'd go along with the one-dungeon design as long as all dungeons are 100% optional. The difference this time though should be that the time and money saved by doing so go into the overworld game rather than into Riccitello's pockets. (Yes I know he's gone, but point remains)

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

In its defense, everything seems to be going open world next generation. I guess it makes them have to worry less when it comes to level design.

Because that was an area that much effort went into in DA2.  :biggrin:

Touche.

Ice and snow are the in things this generation it seems. I guess desert is next ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra