What are you playing now?

I started up a year old save from Skyrim and ran through a dwarven dungeon.  It was boring and took more time than it should have, and so I'll probably not play it for another year.

I always get the urge to load up my save, but this exact thing consistently happens to me everytime, so thanks for pushing that load off another few months for me as well.

Dito. I load it up, then run around a little bit in the landscape and that's it again.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I started up a year old save from Skyrim and ran through a dwarven dungeon.  It was boring and took more time than it should have, and so I'll probably not play it for another year.

I always get the urge to load up my save, but this exact thing consistently happens to me everytime, so thanks for pushing that load off another few months for me as well.

I had that experience with Oblivion... after the first 20 or so hours.

So many things to do, but none of them worth doing.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Yep, I got the same Skyrim story to tell as the rest of you folks.  Occasionally I'll fire up an old game, and quickly enough I get quite bored and  stop playing.  I had a blast with the game for the first 10-15 hours, but then I grew tired of it and I really have no motivation to go back.  This happened in the Oblivion main game too, but I did keep coming back to the Shivering Isles, that area was flat out awesome.  I still think the Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion is the best thing Bethesda has ever developed.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The important thing is that you've got your money's worth.

I'm completely uninterested in playing Skyrim, or any other Bethesda game after Oblivion/Fallout 3.

Bioware games are full of originality by comparison.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Finished playing the Skyward Collapse demo.

I think I'll probably buy the game. It seems that it can get quite interesting and tricky at later stages.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I loaded up Fallout: New Vegas, a game with the same engine as Skyrim (I think?) and now I'm hooked on wandering around Zion National Park.  Very odd how different my experience is with these two games.  I definitely didn't feel like I was wasting my time in F:NV.

Naah, not really.

When you've got a somewhat dull game that you can still get good enough hours on before losing interest completely, at that point you might not regret buying the game, but playing the game

I spent about two hours recovering my system after a hiccup in the power caused my machine to shut down while my anti-virus updated.

Also, my WoW account runs out today. So I'll probably be playing Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen more.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Naah, not really.

When you've got a somewhat dull game that you can still get good enough hours on before losing interest completely, at that point you might not regret buying the game, but playing the game

Well we can't exactly accuse Bioware or Bethesda of not playing fair. With their games you know exactly (within a small margin of error) what to expect.

This is why I don't play them anymore.

I'm off big commercial RPG's for the foreseeable future. Waiting for the first wave of Kickstarter RPG's.

When I saw the gameplay trailer for Shadowrun I understood how much I miss playing non-pretentious isometric strategy RPG's. 

After Oblivion, I told myself I was not going to buy Skyrim early.  I told myself it was not worth paying full price, I would be better off waiting.  But somehow it came out and I rushed to the store to buy it.  I need therapy.  

• Like 2

I hesitated to get Skyrim. It was tons better than Oblivion, so I'm comfortable with it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

After Oblivion, I told myself I was not going to buy Skyrim early.  I told myself it was not worth paying full price, I would be better off waiting.  But somehow it came out and I rushed to the store to buy it.  I need therapy.  

I told myself the same.  Fortunately I had the resolve to not give in.

As for what I'm playing:

Cybots (lol)

GalCiv II

CK2 (House Schumacher leading the Venetian Republic!  Well.  Not anymore, I was voted out.... but am favourite to win the next election and am a count of two states still).

• Like 1

Right now, playing through Van Helsing which has been pretty decent.  I think I'm coming up on the end of the second act.  Also, spending some time with the Grim Dawn Alpha which I've been liking and from that, a little time with Titan Quest which I really enjoyed due the environments.  

Thinking about picking up Expeditions: Conquistadors as I watched that 2 hour lets play yesterday with the developers and it looked pretty good.

I have that solved for me. By being broke.

I have that solved for me. By being broke.

I just decided i wont ever play another ES game after i played Daggerfall. And i never have, never will.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Turns out I was an idiot over the Civ V thing. The expansion is listed under the DLC content - so its all there in fact.  :banghead:

• Like 3

I'm also playing Van Helsing. Excellent little game, but boy do I suck at action RPG's. Wait, that's not true. I'm good at Gothic and Fallout: New Vegas.. Ok, I suck at Diablo clones then.

ANYHOW.. This game surprises me with the quality of content on offer. The voice overs are unexpectedly good (bar a few exceptions), the graphics are downright beautiful sometimes, the character development and skill..thingies feel well thought out. I'm getting more powerful by the minute and it's as addictive as it should be.

I'm up to level 28 or something, but I have no idea how far I am in the story.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Decided to go back to Borderlands 2.  Finally got around to purchasing the DLC for it.  I'm finding my weapons do very little damage, but my auto turret just kills everything with ease.  I end up having to run around like a chicken with its head cut off when the auto turret needs recharging.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Not playing anything cos I am second week on a business trip :/

But i found this when reading about lolbox one anoncement, which pretty sums up why I stopped to play FPS games :p

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Got a lot on my plate right now:

Playing some GRID 2 - It's very much like the original Race Driver: GRID, with a few minor differences.  The inexplicably did away with the ****pit cam, which is my preferred view (Help me modders, you're my only hope!), so I have to live with the 'just beyond the windshield' view where your see the front of the hood, as that's the nearest facsimile.  There are some really cool and pretty new tracks, including some familiar real world tracks, and a new feature where the game changes the configuration of the track on the fly, so you can't memorize the track and have to fly by the seat of your pants.  It's a good game, my biggest gripe being how it shoves drifting down your throat early on.  I know some peole like that style of racing, and that's cool and should be represented in the game, but the game essentially forces you to do races with all drift vehicles (Japanese cars tuned for drifting and big ol' American muscle cars that drift because they're big heavy pieces of ****) for a while before you even have the option to drive cars that stick to the road.  Still, it's good fun.

Besides GRID 2 there's more Neverwinter, more Grim Dawn, and more Wizardry 6.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Went back to my PC gaming roots and played some Unreal Tournament 99, still the best game to keep my classic hardcore shooter skills honed. On godlike mode its such a fast and intense shooter its crazy when you compare it to FPS games nowadays.  Feels like slowmo. 

Damn, I feel old now. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Went back to my PC gaming roots and played some Unreal Tournament 99, still the best game to keep my classic hardcore shooter skills honed. On godlike mode its such a fast and intense shooter its crazy when you compare it to FPS games nowadays.  Feels like slowmo. 

Damn, I feel old now. 

True. Its the best UT and the best multiplayer shooter ever made. When I play it for a week or two with those speed modifiers I start twitching in real life.

But I'm absolute murder in any FPS at that point.

This is why CoD and the rest of them are like a cold shower for me. The character always drags in everything he does, all the weapons are the same uninteresting crap, the awful leveling systems give people who play the game all the time additional advantages (as if they need them?). Or in Battlefield? Camping a broken spot in the map and chucking grenades in the same place for hours racking up kills for nothing.

When you perfectly calculate the trajectory of a flak cannon grenade in a low gravity game and smack a player into gibs as he's jumping between two buildings in Morpheus, you know you're the real deal and that you're playing a FPS.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1