What are you playing now?

I'm supposed to rescue 18 hostages on a map in X-Com: EU. This is making me go crazy. There is no way I can save them all.

You aren't supposed to save them all. Your job is to save as many as you can.

I'll say this for Back to the Future:  It's not Michael J Fox voicing Marty McFly, but the guy doing it sounds really close.  The puzzles so far are all really standard walk here, talk to this person, pick up this item, use item with this person, walk back to this place, and so on.  Seeing a young Doc Brown and McFly and Tannen ancestors definitely puts a smile on my face.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Juggling between Dragon Age: Origins and Lost Planet 2

Lost Planet 2 is more fun than I expected. The co-op is really funny when you've got blowback friendly-fire, and it just so much fun to kill giant monsters and ride mechs in a game that feels so focused on its mechanics and Monster Hunter-esque silliness. I'm actually replaying the campaign after finishing it! That barely ever happens

And speaking of DA:O, just finished the Mage's Tower portion and whoa, that was some vanilla NWN2 levels of tedious combat. The boss fights were kinda fun admittedly. Out of the handful of characters I've met already, I probably like Flemeth the most. She had a very distinct personality and funny lines while not staying around too long to start treading the same ground.

Yes Morrigan, you think Alistair is dumb, we get it. You're still an interesting twist on the whole "person who's ever only known one of their family members in their entire life" backstory though.

Edited by Nordicus

This series is completely free and is an indie project so you may well not have heard of them before. The graphics aren't the best but the story is excellent, they're made by Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee.

5 days a stranger

7 days a sceptic

trilby's notes

6 days a sacrifice

Hm. They look kinda interesting. Downloaded. :)
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm supposed to rescue 18 hostages on a map in X-Com: EU. This is making me go crazy. There is no way I can save them all.

Save enough. Fine some and use them as bait for the aliens to rush into your killzone.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I could use a good mystery adventure type game (doesn't have to be 3D, but I don't like "platform" styling very much), but whenever I look for one, nothing really appeals.

I wonder if GoG's version of The Last Express works. My ancient PC version had a bug that crashed the game early on, which annoyed me because it seemed like a good game.

I would recommend the Wadjet Eye games like the Blackwell games, Gemini Rue, and Resonance if old school style p&c mystery adventure is what you're looking for.  Gray Matter, while not Jane Jensen's best game, is a good mystery p&c too.

I'm playing through the Blackwell games really enjoying them. Gemini Rue and Resonance were pretty good, too.

Gray Matter I did not like.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Save enough. Fine some and use them as bait for the aliens to rush into your killzone.

You're right. I only saved 9 out of 18, but I had no casualties in my squad.

Primordia, Tale, Primordia!

Though I guess it would depend on how you define 'mystery'.

That one was really good, too.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Juggling between Dragon Age: Origins and Lost Planet 2

And speaking of DA:O, just finished the Mage's Tower portion and whoa, that was some vanilla NWN2 levels of tedious combat. The boss fights were kinda fun admittedly. Out of the handful of characters I've met already, I probably like Flemeth the most. She had a very distinct personality and funny lines while not staying around too long to start treading the same ground.

Yes Morrigan, you think Alistair is dumb, we get it. You're still an interesting twist on the whole "person who's ever only known one of their family members in their entire life" backstory though.

I hated the Mages' Tower sections.  Then again, I didn't really like many of the "main quest" quests.  My enjoyment from DA:O was the character interaction and the subquests that helped flesh out the world.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You're right. I only saved 9 out of 18, but I had no casualties in my squad.

Indeed you only actually need to save *one* civilian for the mission to be a success. Saving more is better in that you have more panic reduction as a result, but I'd never even sacrifice one squad member to do so.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I could use a good mystery adventure type game (doesn't have to be 3D, but I don't like "platform" styling very much), but whenever I look for one, nothing really appeals.

I wonder if GoG's version of The Last Express works. My ancient PC version had a bug that crashed the game early on, which annoyed me because it seemed like a good game.

This series is completely free and is an indie project so you may well not have heard of them before. The graphics aren't the best but the story is excellent, they're made by Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee.

5 days a stranger

7 days a sceptic

trilby's notes

6 days a sacrifice

I was kinda amazed when I stumbled on that site a few days ago at how many games he made that I remember from years back. I loved the Rob Blanc series back in the day, not to mention 5 days.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

The gunplay is simply amazing. The story isn't anything award winning but it's still quite funny and the Silas Greaves guy is pretty cool.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

The gunplay is simply amazing. The story isn't anything award winning but it's still quite funny and the Silas Greaves guy is pretty cool.

I have always wanted to play this series of games. I read that only the one set in our modern era against the Mexican cartels wasn't worth playing

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Indeed you only actually need to save *one* civilian for the mission to be a success. Saving more is better in that you have more panic reduction as a result, but I'd never even sacrifice one squad member to do so.

Truly, XCOM are Earth's heroes (when safe). :thumbsup:

Playing Rift a lot more, think I finally found a soul combination that works for me and is fun with my cleric.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have always wanted to play this series of games. I read that only the one set in our modern era against the Mexican cartels wasn't worth playing

Yes. Call of Juarez: The Cartel is the only game that wasn't favored by the fans or the critics. I personally haven't played it yet, but I don't think I will be missing anything.

The first Call of Juarez is my favorite in the series. I haven't played the second game yet but I did play the demo when it came out and it was pretty good. I wonder why I haven't played it yet!

Now Call of Juarez: Gunslinger has a more Arcade-like approach. The gameplay is fast and fun. There will always be some bad guys around the corner and there are lots of amazing ways to take em out. The story doesn't take itself to seriously but there are some hilarious moments that are guaranteed to put a smile on your face :) The story also revolves around some of the most notorious American outlaws which is interesting because they each have a story of their own and they really existed(Billy the Kid, Jesse James, Dalton Brothers etc.). You can also play the Arcade mode if you just feel like shooting a few bad guys and want to skip the story and stuff like that. There is also a Duel mode if you're interested in those classic showdowns. Gunslinger is also pretty cheap. Only 15 bucks!

Edited by Astiaks
  • Like 1

I've heard lots off good things about Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, it's definitely on my list of games to get eventually.  Seeing as it's made by Techland, I have to ask, how buggy is it?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Is it better than the gunplay in my beloved Far Cry 2?

It's different. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is more action oriented compared to FC2 but it's fun and you also have a skill tree(you can either specialize your character in either pistols, rifles, shotguns or a combination of all three of them). I recently played Blood Dragon and if had to choose between the two, I'd go for Gunslinger.

Random Fact: People should play FC2 because it has the most beautiful Savanna in gaming history.

I've heard lots off good things about Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, it's definitely on my list of games to get eventually.  Seeing as it's made by Techland, I have to ask, how buggy is it?

Game runs smooth. Haven't encountered a single crash yet.

Edited by Astiaks

Saint's Row 2.

Having a LOT of fun. Can't wait to finish it and go straight into III.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee