What are you playing now?

Also, there's been quite a few theories/books which speculate that one of the reasons sub Sahara Africa never really developed in the same speed as Europe or Asia was the lack of docile animals easily available for domestication.. So I'd say that's pretty spot on if they are aggressive :)

And - stopped playing Metro 2033, it's too scary for me :( and started playing Medieval 2 Total War with the Grand Campaign mod.. Good clean fun.

Fortune favors the bald.

Animal attacks were the least of Two Worlds 2's problems.  Where do I even start?

While the skill system offered you a bunch of different skills and special attacks, none of that changed the fact that combat still far too often came down to stun-lock or be stun-locked, or pew pew pew, run away, pew pew pew, run away if you were using bows or spells.

Voice acting and dialogue that ranged from mediocre to unbelievably horrific.

Highly uninspired and boring loot.

A crafting system that became its own monotonous tedious grind.

Some of the worst animations this side of Morrowind.

The starting island is a boring slog, after that the game opens up and becomes...  mediocre for a while, then it winds down with a slog so horrendously tedious and boring that it makes the starting island seem like paradise, only to be capped off by, and this is NOT hyperbole, one of the worst final boss fights in RPG history.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Also, there's been quite a few theories/books which speculate that one of the reasons sub Sahara Africa never really developed in the same speed as Europe or Asia was the lack of docile animals easily available for domestication.. So I'd say that's pretty spot on if they are aggressive :)

And - stopped playing Metro 2033, it's too scary for me :( and started playing Medieval 2 Total War with the Grand Campaign mod.. Good clean fun.

Don't know about that, Botswana has around 2 million people and 55+million head of cattle. I think they're a local breed.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Woot!  I just played and beat Activate Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded Steam Key!  :lol:

Unfortunately, I encountered a secret level at the end called Go To Work that lasts 8 hours.  :verymad:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

More Dragon Age Origins, dealt with Flemmeth at the cost of many a healing item and Lyrium potion. Also, spent the last hour and a half trying to download the DLC that comes with every new copy, but someone either at Valve or EA made it stupidly complicated to get that content. Don't have the choice of downloading it at BSN site either, agh. **** it, I'm not messing with registries, folders, services and file integrities anymore

Edited by Nordicus

Don't know about that, Botswana has around 2 million people and 55+million head of cattle. I think they're a local breed.

Right - they also have goats etc. But they never had horses, pulling oxes or other work animals - only food sources..

But that doesn't matter - my point was more that it only a small fraction of their fauna which is tameable/manageable compared to ours.

Fortune favors the bald.

Let's see . . .

I have a notoriously short attention span when it comes to gaming, to the point where I will just stop mid-playthrough and switch to something else.  Right now I'm alternating between Skyrim (I finally caved in an bought Dawnguard and Hearthfire, I will not buy Dragonborn), NWN2, Crysis, Duel of Champions, ME3 multiplayer and the occasional bit of DA:O.

Why not Dragonborn? To be honest I think it's the better DLC..

I dunno, it just seemed too over the top for me.  I feel like riding on dragons is a gimmick for 13 year olds.  I didn't even want Dawnguard but I really wanted to see how they handled the werewolf expansion stuff. Plus, it was on sale on Steam.  I'm not disappointed with it, but if I had paid full price for it I might have been.  I'm getting really tired of Bethesda's vampire nonsense, it's vampire this and vampire that.  For chrissake they tried to put vampires in Fallout 3.  Enough already with the vampires!

I was hoping they'd include some kind of ranger/woodsman type quest line or faction, since they have never really done that.  Maybe in TES:VI?

X-Com: EU

Seven soldiers in the graveyard now. One S:H:I:V: destroyed. Panic levels are fairly high in four countries. I got an A grade for my first 2 months. A B grade for my third. What bothers me is that it seems no matter what I do, my ships take a lot of damage when intercepting UFO's. Even the Firestorm almost gets decimated immediately.

NWN2 and BGT at the moment. Rolling Paladin in both, like a boss.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Seven soldiers in the graveyard now. One S:H:I:V: destroyed. Panic levels are fairly high in four countries. I got an A grade for my first 2 months. A B grade for my third. What bothers me is that it seems no matter what I do, my ships take a lot of damage when intercepting UFO's. Even the Firestorm almost gets decimated immediately.

Are you using the Aircraft Modules?  I found the Defense Module and Attack Module very useful in fights.  Also upgrading the Aircraft weapons helped insure the fight wasn't very long (I was using the Fusion Lance or EMP cannon by the end).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

If anyone is interested and I believe a couple people were, Legends of Dawn, a kickstarter game is releasing on Steam in 1 hour, out of nowhere.  Which is just awesome since I'm leaving for the weekend till Monday:)  Oh well, for those of you interested, can't wait to hear your thoughts.

If anyone is interested and I believe a couple people were, Legends of Dawn, a kickstarter game is releasing on Steam in 1 hour, out of nowhere.  Which is just awesome since I'm leaving for the weekend till Monday:)  Oh well, for those of you interested, can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Gah.  All this wait and now 2 games I kickstarted release on the same day: Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded and Legends of Dawn. :p

Let's see . . .

I have a notoriously short attention span when it comes to gaming, to the point where I will just stop mid-playthrough and switch to something else.  Right now I'm alternating between Skyrim (I finally caved in an bought Dawnguard and Hearthfire, I will not buy Dragonborn), NWN2, Crysis, Duel of Champions, ME3 multiplayer and the occasional bit of DA:O.

I definitely do this too oftentimes.  To me a really good measure of how good a game is, to me anyway, is if it can grab my attention long enough to play it through all the way.  The last 2 games to do this were Sleeping Dogs (PC) and Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS).  In both cases I played them all the way through and then some, and the thought of firing up some other game never so much as entered my mind.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The great Kickstarter deluge is upon us! First Grim Dawn Alpha, now both Legends of Dawn and Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded in the same day, then Shadowrun Returns in one month, then Wasteland 2 just around the corner, then Divinity: Original Sin. Goodbye social life, I hardly knew you.

:aiee:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Are you using the Aircraft Modules?  I found the Defense Module and Attack Module very useful in fights.  Also upgrading the Aircraft weapons helped insure the fight wasn't very long (I was using the Fusion Lance or EMP cannon by the end).

I can build defense modules but not offense modules yet. I'll try the EMP cannon, maybe it helps. The Phoenix and Laser cannons requires the ship to get way too close to the UFO.

You need to do the alien base mission to lower panic levels worldwide.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The Satellite Uplinks take some time, yes. I'll build a satellite Nexus instead.

You'll still need to build satellites to launch once the nexus is finished.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).