RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Dunno if anyone around here cares, but we are closing FOnline: 2238 at the end of the month. It was quite some experience and I learned a lot about game production / development over the past 4 years- More than I learned from any other mod I've done in my life so far. Often it was a good time, also often it was a really horrible time and many mistakes were made by our team... Oh well. In the end, the game became just way too big for our small team.

Always a shame when a project comes to an end.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Well, if it has Keith David, that's a plus.

I was already all types of sold on this game, but nooooooooooo, they had to go ahead and sell me some more on it.  You already got my money folks, you don't need to try so hard.

:p

Mr Newell will get most of my money.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Sweet jebus.  I might need to cut myself off.

Preordered EU4 and Rome 2 today.  Shadowrun soon.  WL2 soon. Still playing CK2 and SR3.  And I just saw an interesting expansion for Civ 5.  FFFFUUUUU

Someone somewhere list all the games coming out this year so I can tell myself if it's safe for me to remove my credit card from steam so I don't bankrupt myself!!!!

Someone somewhere list all the games coming out this year so I can tell myself if it's safe for me to remove my credit card from steam so I don't bankrupt myself!!!!

Remove your credit card from Steam. Not just not to bankrupt yourself, but because it is safer, not to store your credit information online. The tiny inconvenience of typing your card number is worth not freaking out as much when an online store gets hacked ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Remove your credit card from Steam. Not just not to bankrupt yourself, but because it is safer, not to store your credit information online. The tiny inconvenience of typing your card number is worth not freaking out as much when an online store gets hacked

Risk overstated.  My credit card was automatically canceled one time, because it was compromised due to a theft.  A physical theft, of a store where I made a physical purchase.  The only way to ensure that no one nefarious can ever get my credit card information is to not have a credit card.

Further, my (very basic and elementary) credit card offers 100% fraud protection anyways.  If my card is compromised and purchases are made on it, it is up to the vendor to ensure that I am not scamming them when I challenge the charges.  My Dad actually was burned by this, as a computer seller, when someone bought a computer from him and had a courier pick it up.  Charges were disputed, sweet piss all my Dad could do (this was probably about 15 years ago too).  In the only time that I had to challenge a charge on my credit card (when I had canceled service but I continued to get charged), it was effortless.

I concede it may be different in other countries, which is a sucky deal for them, but it's not something I am concerned about.  In fact, I'm probably more likely to lose my physical credit card.

If Steam gets hacked (which they have in the past), I won't freak out because it's not necessary.  I was a bit more concerned when the Student Loan board, which has things like my Social Insurance Number, was compromised.  Fortunately my Student Loan account was not on one of the physical hard drives that was stolen from a server farm, so I was not at risk.

Edited by alanschu

Hm don't think this has been thrown up here yet..

http://www.nixxes.com/nixxes/newsdetail/20-uk/news/158-we-re-working-on-thief

At the Computex Taipei 2013, during AMD ‘s press conference, Jurjen Katsman, Founder and President of Nixxes Software, announced our latest project, the PC version of Thief!

Thief will be released in 2014, developed by the team from Eidos Montreal for PS4 and Xbox One, the same developer that brought us Deus Ex; Human Revolution last year. For which, Nixxes also delivered the PC-version.

Nixxes is happy to be working again with the team from Eidos Montreal as well as AMD on this great franchise!'

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Sweet jebus. I might need to cut myself off.

Preordered EU4 and Rome 2 today. Shadowrun soon. WL2 soon. Still playing CK2 and SR3. And I just saw an interesting expansion for Civ 5. FFFFUUUUU

Kickstarter drained me. I was able to preorder EU4, but I'm waiting for the summer sale for Heart of Darkness and The Old Gods, because paying the same I paid for the base game for some DLC is just not something I'm willing to do. I think beyond that Stick of Truth is the only thing left for me this year.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So, Interplay bought the Freespace source code from THQ/Volition during the closure.

One of the only ways I can make sense of this, is that they will try to **** over Freespace open

Hopefully they just do nothing.

Edited by C2B

I wonder about the price ticket of these Hollywood celebrities.

I think Kiefer Sutherland works for peanuts now.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

He works for booze, I'd guess.

As for Interplay and Freespace ( http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/6/4403602/interplay-repurchases-freespace-ip-thq-volition ). Hopefully, they're too inert to do much of anything with it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Was half expecting him to say he was a Splinter Cell at the end.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's one very modern looking bow.

I really want Thief 4 to be a good game, but I have no faith in reboots. It'll probably be like Deus Ex HR, you play it once then you forget about it.

Eidos has been living on old glory for far too long.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

New screenshots and information on The Shadow Sun, release coming soon

http://www.ossianstudios.com/tss

It's such a shame they weren't allowed to make more NWN2 campaigns. I really enjoyed Westgate, they did a great job of making the world take note of where you invested skill points and all the compaions had backstories that interwove with each other and the main plot.

Edited by Serrano

I wonder about the price ticket of these Hollywood celebrities.

Purrrlease. It's Keifer. His career has been in a near death experience for almost 20 years, except for that series momentary boost. Nobody wants him. He's gonna do all the "acting" work in one week or so. All he can ask for this is 40-50k.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I'm waiting to see how Dawn of War 3 will be handled with Sega calling the shots (them being Relic's owner and all). 

It seems like Sega is more Hands Off than most publishers. Relic and Creative Assembly appear to have been mostly unmolested for their two games, and Sega's gotten good products out of it.

I think a lot of Empires faults can be traced more to the Devs deciding to expand out of Melee focused periods of warfare. In most of the other games they'd released to that point, the main combat was won by banging heads against one another. In Empire (and Napoleon) they had the issue of muskets being the man weapon of the era. And a new architecture for their overworld maps (systems wise).

I'm eager for both COH and Rome 2 to pop up though.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.