The Kickstarter Thread

Gorth

A documentary about Sierra On-Line is being made, looks like they've got all the right interviews.  I pledged for a DVD, I remember going on a tour of the company on Oakhurst when I was about 12, it was magical.

Their goal is a bit high, hopefully they can make it.

That is pretty cool, they should make their goal. Always liked the story of Sierra.

It does not look like they will make that goal, they are not really moving.

Man, I'd love to see the Sierra On-Line documentary succeed.  That was my favorite video game company all throughout the 80s and early to mid 90s.  I loved their games so much.  I'll spread the word and see if this campaign can get a jolt of life.  Hopefully once the holiday weeked is over and people come home from barbecuing and getting drunk, this will pick up.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Was starting to get a bit antsy over it, but finally received my Star Citizen goodies - both T-shirts and the upgraded metal card. Everything was shipped directly from China so no one really had a clue about the status of any deliveries, which have apparently been coming in irregularly for some months now.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Was starting to get a bit antsy over it, but finally received my Star Citizen goodies - both T-shirts and the upgraded metal card. Everything was shipped directly from China so no one really had a clue about the status of any deliveries, which have apparently been coming in irregularly for some months now.

Heh, yeah, when I first got the card myself, all I could think of was "I have mail from China?".

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Heh, yeah, when I first got the card myself, all I could think of was "I have mail from China?".

This does mean that the NSA will be keeping a closer eye on you from now on...

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

One game that I noticed being a big Earthbound fan was Heroes of Mother 3.

I guess it started as a forum game on starmen.net. I don't really hang out there much. It always reminds me of that time a few friends and I went to a friends trailer in Sauble Beach during the Civic Holiday long weekend in 1999, and someone broke into his house and stole a bunch of stuff. Some of my Super Nintendo carts were there, including Earthbound, and Death and Rise of Superman. I reason why I miss the latter, because that one I would sell. The former on the other hand...

Anyhow, I assume no one from Kickstarter knows what Mother (and possibly Earthbound) is. If this flies, I guess this means I can make a Sonic the Hedgehog game, and put it on Kickstarter without getting permission from Sega. I assume once Nintendo sees this, the lawyers will be contacting them. Considering they don't like the idea of someone making any money whatsoever off of a Let's Play video, even though it's basically free advertising for them. I can imagine someone from Nintendo seeing "Mother 3" "$1,545" "$1,250 goal" "$10 - get a copy of the game" and then watching the video and seeing their characters up in it. Then they notice the Starmen reference. I don't think it will be good.

I would love to play the game, but this is arguably in many ways legally worse than Dormant Sky, which used and illegal copy of RPG Maker, and stole a bunch of sprites from different games. At least they can buy a legal copy of RPG Maker, and not use images and stuff that they're not entitled to as he's promising to do. A better way to go would probably have been the way Phoenix Online Studios did The Silver Lining. It's free. When the copyright holders at the time of the Kings Quest series told them to stop, Roberta Williams stuck up for them and they were allowed to continue. They then took the experience and publicity that they got from that, had a successful kickstarter for Cognition, and are now Greenlighted on Steam. Plus, they are also working on Moebius with Jane.

So I'll see how far this one goes.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Here's the first trailer for the Kickstarter funded upcoming new Tex Murphy game, now called Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BABcn4RMLqo

Loving the cheese-tastic FMV.  Welcome back Tex.

Also, images:

TeslaEffectMoltenSilhouette.jpg

TeslaEffectRelease1.jpg

TeslaEffectRelease2.jpg

TeslaEffectRelease3.jpg

TeslaEffectRelease4.jpg

TeslaEffectRelease5.jpg

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tales of Terrene -- a steampunk-themed adventure RPG with an isometric perspective, built in Unity. No rendered characters yet.

That is a scam as obvious as they get.

He said they're working around the clock. Yet all they have is one level made in unity, which takes around 30 minutes to make. That's it. Then he doesn't even show his face, he's only showing that single level in unity, and he says you can download the demo of it. Oh boy. Please tell me I'm not the only one seeing this.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Tales of Terrene -- a steampunk-themed adventure RPG with an isometric perspective, built in Unity. No rendered characters yet.

That is a scam as obvious as they get.

He said they're working around the clock. Yet all they have is one level made in unity, which takes around 30 minutes to make. That's it. Then he doesn't even show his face, he's only showing that single level in unity, and he says you can download the demo of it. Oh boy. Please tell me I'm not the only one seeing this.

That seems a pretty harsh judgment. I'd prefer to wait and see what they present in their updates.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

This does mean that the NSA will be keeping a closer eye on you from now on...

Hardly matters to me here in Finland.  ;)

• Like 1

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Received an e-mail from the Torment KS to register a shipping address for the delivery of the Numenera rulebooks. I kind of thought it looked like a phishing e-mail, heh - and I guess it still might be (though I've since found that the sparkworkz URL it links to is indeed owned by inXile): went direct to the website instead of following the links to register an address.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Dang you Jim Walls! I was limiting how much I was kickstarting to save up for Zeboyd's Kickstarter in another couple of months or so.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/precinctgame/precinct

Jim Walls is the latest ex-Sierra folk to come out of retirement to make a game called: Precinct.

It's Jim Walls, and it's a police adventure game. What else do you need to know?

It has a $500,000 goal. $30 is the minimum for the game.

Just watch: The Murry's will be coming out with the spiritual Manhunter 3 at the same time as Cosmic Star Heroine.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

So that leaves King's Quest as the sole Sierra franchise to still lay dormant - and I believe it will stay thus. Talking their adventure games of course - I'd love to see a new Jones: In the Fast Lane. :D

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Dang you Jim Walls! I was limiting how much I was kickstarting to save up for Zeboyd's Kickstarter in another couple of months or so.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/precinctgame/precinct

Jim Walls is the latest ex-Sierra folk to come out of retirement to make a game called: Precinct.

It's Jim Walls, and it's a police adventure game. What else do you need to know?

It has a $500,000 goal. $30 is the minimum for the game.

Just watch: The Murry's will be coming out with the spiritual Manhunter 3 at the same time as Cosmic Star Heroine.

Just when my wallet was starting to recover (that's a blatant lie).  Well, I can't not support a Sierra alum, and I did love the bejesus out of Police Quest. Sonny Bonds Maxwell Jones reporting for duty.  I fear that the $30 entry point to get the game will turn away many would-be supporters.

Gotta love this picture on the Kickstarter page:

2e232a7cfab86f0b557d9ff289c18e11_large.p

Check out Lori Cole rocking the super high waisted pants.  I can't believe those kinds of pants are making a comeback.  There is absolutely nothing attractive about high waisted pants. 

:p

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸