The Kickstarter Thread

Gorth

Not a computer game, but kickstarter-related:

Neil Gaiman is teaming up with Michael Reeves for a vampire movie Kickstarter called Blood Kiss.

Neil, of course, is one of the all time best fantasy authors ever.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

^^^^ Tastes vary. Which one of Gaiman's books do you mean? The Hugo and Nebula award-winning American Gods? Perhaps it's not for everyone. My favorite was Neverwhere. It felt... spooky and atmospheric, and seemed like an interesting concept for a RPG.

Edited by rjshae

It had a few rather tasteless sex scenes, but otherwise its okay.

Sandman is better than anything else he made though (and not all of Sandman at that).

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Yeah I'm reading American Gods and 20% into the book I still have no idea what it's about. -_-

That's half the idea of the book, that things don't really become clear until they do.

*shrug*

Not much of a Gaiman fan myself. Found Anansi Boys boring, American Gods superficial and Neverwhere, while I tried to like it (and actually did like the TV show) just had something that put me off.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Huh, I found Anansi Boys to be the most entertaining thing he's written because he injected it with some more comedy.

Weirdly, the thing about Gaiman is that artists seem to enjoy his work more than anyone else. I think it's because a lot of his storytelling is built around evoking imagery. Essentially the Guillermo del Toro of the literary world - everything "looks" great and showcases great imagination, but sometimes lacking in emotional resonance or climax.

I'm not the biggest fan of his work but I haven't read much of his work, I think I stopped reading American Gods, and that meant I never really tried any other. His books for children are some of the best that there are though, Coraline (and the Selick movie) and The Wolves in the Walls, I gift them to child relatives. Sandman was great, pretty much the only comic I have actually liked, but there is plenty of filler there too. The Stardust movie wasn't bad, I thought it was quite funny. Neverwhere, the TV show was bad, the radio show was better, both have actors I really like in them. That Babylon 5 episode he wrote was pretty good.

I was surprised to notice that Rutskarn, a guy from one of my favorite LP/"game critic" group Spoiler Warning, is having a Kickstarter about an RPG set in India called Unrest

They reached their $3,000 goal on the first day

• Like 1

I was surprised to notice that Rutskarn, a guy from one of my favorite LP/"game critic" group Spoiler Warning, is having a Kickstarter about an RPG set in India called Unrest

They reached their $3,000 goal on the first day

Historical India is a prime target for a CRPG; there's plenty of mythology to explore there. But I can see why they want to enhance the graphics. It's a bit vanilla right now and the perspective needs a little work.

Heh, Posthuman Studios ran a kickstarter for some Eclipse Phase rpg related matter, asking for $14,000 to develop out the Transhuman Player's Guide.. and ended up with a bit over $100,000.

They put in a couple of stretch goals that included "pay the freelancers 15% more".

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It got it's late boom a bit earlier than usual.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/432712414/ar-k-an-old-school-game-with-a-new-twist/#chart-daily

I was almost thinking it was not going to make it for the longest time, but it looks like a lot of the Realm money has probably gone this way. My daughter's costume for her dance recital has taken any more bumps out of me. So close. $93,915 - 51 min to go.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Huh, 5 minutes to go and success for AR-K.

Sweet! And with 1.5K of change.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Man, I'm kind of burned out on Kickstarter for a while.  I realize the stack of crowdfunded projects I backed that should come out in the next couple of years and it's both great and terrifying.  I have nothing against any projects doing Kickstarter right now, or in the near future, and I may support some of them by getting the word out, but short of Roberta Williams doing a Kickstarter (for a completely new, original game, in no way connected to any of her previous work called Quest King) or a Kickstarter for Starflight 3 (who owns the Starflight IP anyway?), I can't see myself backing anything financially anytime soon.

Of course, this is the same thing I told myself a couple of months ago and then Torment: Tides of Numenera and Divinity: Original Sin happened...

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The last Kickstarter that I pledged to just got funded with 50 hours to go. I was getting worried that they would need a bump too.

Pandora: Purge of Pride

Time to rest the credit card for a bit. i would have loved to donated to that TinyKeep, but that overpriced costume sucked out the rest of my disposable income for the month.