The Kickstarter Thread

Gorth

There is absolutely nothing attractive about high waisted pants.

Zoot suit pants are only cool-looking when also worn with at least the vest and/or jacket. Otherwise you just look like you're wearing clown pants.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So that leaves King's Quest as the sole Sierra franchise to still lay dormant - and I believe it will stay thus. Talking their adventure games of course - I'd love to see a new Jones: In the Fast Lane. :D

Haha I loved Jones: Life in the Fast Lane.

Is there a new Police Quest?

Well, I better back that Walls starter, loved PQ and even played up to SWAT *shudder*

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Err... what?

Kickstarter is not the only way to setup funding for a purpose like hobby projects. Kickstarter fits under the same category as IndieGoGo. I and others call the category Crowdfunding. Kickstarter is notably different than IndieGoGo. I chose IndieGoGo because it is right for my needs. I see this as the only crowdfunding related thread, I see no official crowdfunding thread. I post here instead of making the official crowd funding thread because there is a chance I would just be redirected here anyway.

redacted

I hope it's longer than the Larry remake which I finished in under 2 hours

LSL1 was a pretty short game to begin with. It was a pretty risky venture to take at the time. They kinda get longer as the series progresses.

I'm wondering if they're PG-13ing the whole series for the ESRB rating? Al's there, so if he's on board with it then it isn't like someone else is effen up his work ala MCL & BOB.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I'm assuming this is a crowdfunding thread so my indiegogo campaign will be welcome.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/escape-from-population-earth/x/1199202

Pledged for $100.  Sounds awesome!

You are a good person Hurlshot but do you think that will make a difference? Did you read some of the negative comments from people on RPGCodex, wow. You talk about being unsupportive

Edited by LadyCrimson

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

LSL1 was a pretty short game to begin with. It was a pretty risky venture to take at the time. They kinda get longer as the series progresses.

I'm wondering if they're PG-13ing the whole series for the ESRB rating? Al's there, so if he's on board with it then it isn't like someone else is effen up his work ala MCL & BOB.

I'd hardly consider the original game to be anything more than a PG-13 affair as well.

I'd hardly consider the original game to be anything more than a PG-13 affair as well.

True, but in the new one they make an ESRB joke when you talk about turning off the bubbles this time with Eve. The ending is a lot different than I remember the 256 color version being, which is why I'm wondering if they're taking it in a new direction for the future games. I wonder what their forums say...

Or I could have unknowingly watched an under 18 version of it, but the doll wasn't censored...

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

LSL's length came from getting stuck on obtuse puzzles.  Its girth came from spending endless hours just clicking on (or, originally, typing) stuff to get funny responses.

And, yes, I responded just so I could get those crappy puns in.  You're welcome.  :brows:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They should do a reprint of the original hint book, would make a cool collectible given its mythical status.

Still waiting for my Shadowrun Returns email. :( Then there's inXile still taunting me about all the Wasteland T-shirts I won't be getting, booo.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Dang you Jim Walls! I was limiting how much I was kickstarting to save up for Zeboyd's Kickstarter in another couple of months or so.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/precinctgame/precinct

Jim Walls is the latest ex-Sierra folk to come out of retirement to make a game called: Precinct.

It's Jim Walls, and it's a police adventure game. What else do you need to know?

It has a $500,000 goal. $30 is the minimum for the game.

Just watch: The Murry's will be coming out with the spiritual Manhunter 3 at the same time as Cosmic Star Heroine.

Just when my wallet was starting to recover (that's a blatant lie).  Well, I can't not support a Sierra alum, and I did love the bejesus out of Police Quest. Sonny Bonds Maxwell Jones reporting for duty.  I fear that the $30 entry point to get the game will turn away many would-be supporters.

Aware of the concerns over the relatively steep entry price, they've introduced a lower $19 tier now (limited amount). The $30 tier has been turned into a bonus edition of sorts. Good move I think.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Dang you Jim Walls! I was limiting how much I was kickstarting to save up for Zeboyd's Kickstarter in another couple of months or so.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/precinctgame/precinct

Jim Walls is the latest ex-Sierra folk to come out of retirement to make a game called: Precinct.

It's Jim Walls, and it's a police adventure game. What else do you need to know?

It has a $500,000 goal. $30 is the minimum for the game.

Just watch: The Murry's will be coming out with the spiritual Manhunter 3 at the same time as Cosmic Star Heroine.

Just when my wallet was starting to recover (that's a blatant lie).  Well, I can't not support a Sierra alum, and I did love the bejesus out of Police Quest. Sonny Bonds Maxwell Jones reporting for duty.  I fear that the $30 entry point to get the game will turn away many would-be supporters.

Aware of the concerns over the relatively steep entry price, they've introduced a lower $19 tier now (limited amount). The $30 tier has been turned into a bonus edition of sorts. Good move I think.

Yeah, though I still think their tier structure and rewards are rather wonky/unattractive.  Honestly, as much as I want this to succeed, and I do, this whole thing reeks of unprepared and hurried.  It may be in their best interest to scrap this, research some successful tier structures, and come back with a better, more focused pitch and better tier structure a month or two from now.  If nothing else, it would give people's wallets time to recover from the Steam sale. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

They already had my $30.

Hopefully they can get it to pick up steam. They're only 9% of the way there.

They already had my $30.

Hopefully they can get it to pick up steam. They're only 9% of the way there.

Yeah, that's part of what has me worried.  Usually you need be closer to 20% of the way there at this point to have a realistic chance of making the goal.  Stranger things have happened, but it's not looking good.

:unsure:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Some things are very well prepared, like the daily videos they have planned. Some people seem to be thrown off by the action parts, but if they're done right and are fun (and don't hurt the adventure/police procedure part,) I'd have no problem with it. You were shooting people, and hitting them with nightstick in the most action-packed way that was feasable with the ATI and SCI engine for the circumstances.

Man, I hope this makes it. PQ was the second of the series I repurchased off of GOG, because I could never get PQ3 to drive properly. Remember CPU Killer? Yeah, it stil sucked for that one. You had to have what; nothing more powerful than a 486 with 8MB of RAM or your car went light speed?

EDIT: Brain fart tangent there.

It would have helped if there was some buildup. I'm anticipating Zeboyd's Kickstarter in September or so. I happened to bump into this one on Twitter shortly after it started.

Edited by babaganoosh13

Oh, I want this to succeed in the worst way possible too.  I loved PQ 1-3, they were fantastic games.  Some of the ideas of this project sound really good.  I really like the idea of being able to play a good, by the book, cop, or a bad, dirty cop.  If handled correctly, the dirty cop dynamic could be far more interesting than the typical evil option in games of "Muahahahaha, let the villagers die".  The dirty cop play style could spark its own subplots.  It could start innocently enough where you bypass certain procedures to ensure someone slippery gets brought to justice.  Ends justify the means and all that.  But then it becomes a slippery slope.  Why shouldn't you get a little extra bonus for your hard work in keeping the streets safe?  What do you have to do to keep people from finding out about you circumventing the rules.  Each step brings you further down the slope of corruption and makes it more difficult to come back and redeem yourself.  What started as good intentions now has turned to cover up at any cost.  Or maybe you don't want to redeem yourself?  How far can you keep this going?  How low are you willing to go to keep the money flowing and the superiors unaware?  Maybe they become part of it too?  Can you stay in control of the situation?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸