The Kickstarter Thread

Gorth

I can honestly say, I've only ever heard the name "Mega Man" referenced. No idea what kind of game it is.

It's a side scrolling game, with each stage ending in a difficult boss fight.

:sorcerer:

In before somebody posts a let me google that for you link :p

(did google it). I was already an old and jaded computer gamer by the time the series was created and never had any of those consoles. Probably why I never heard about it.

Now back to my lurking and waiting for the other two projects I've backed (Wasteland 2 and Project Eternity) :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Gorth, you've never heard of Mega Man?  You clearly were grown in a lab as a full adult and never experienced childhood!   :p

Yeah, that was my reaction too.  I mean it's one of the most well known and beloved games series of all time, on account of it being awesome.  Mega Man was definitely a significant part of my childhood, we played the **** out of those games.  I guess I need to recognize that people had different childhoods.

Anyway, for their most recent update they unveiled Mighty No. 5 and have a nice step by step of the creation process from concept to refinement to more refinement to this:

SRVQTWR.jpg

He's packin' some firepower.  :biggrin:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Okay, I kind of assumed everybody knew who Inafune was.  My mistake.  Well, if you've ever played a Mega Man game, any Mega Man game, then you've played a Keiji Inafune game.  Notably, he also worked on Resident Evil 2, and more recently the Dead Rising and Onimusha series.

I've heard of all of these games except for Onimusha but I've never seen or played any of them

I don't play as many different games as I used to and hardly any console games that aren't sports games these days

PS what happened to Hurlshot's hockey guy? Threw me off a little bit

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I can honestly say, I've only ever heard the name "Mega Man" referenced. No idea what kind of game it is.

It's something the console untermensch enjoy, I think. :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's a side scrolling game, with each stage ending in a difficult boss fight.

:sorcerer:

In before somebody posts a let me google that for you link :p

(did google it). I was already an old and jaded computer gamer by the time the series was created and never had any of those consoles. Probably why I never heard about it.

Now back to my lurking and waiting for the other two projects I've backed (Wasteland 2 and Project Eternity) :)

I'm right at the age where I'd have grown up right in middle of the Megaman window, and I did (and do) own a NES, but I barely know more than you. Just that it's a sci-fi platformer starring a blue gunman.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I've heard of all of these games except for Onimusha but I've never seen or played any of them

Damn I miss Onimusha

The cotrols weren't the smoothest and the camera wasn't the best, but it was such a technical and tough (Oh boy was Onimusha 2 tough) action game that it really clicked with me. The fact that you could potentially one-shot some bosses by carefully timing a counter attack (Issen) right before you were hit was so damn satisfying.

I guess the Souls franchise scratches that itch well enough, though... I still want a new Onimusha

Of the two Kickstarter games (that I've backed) released so far, I can't say I've been "disappointed". Conquistadors delivered what I expected and Shadowrun Returns was ok (checkpoint/missing game save feature a major detractor).

Spinning off of this, I got both of those games as well, only I bought them on Steam instead of Kickstarting. But had they not been kickstarted in the first place I'd probably never have heard of either and me buying them would have been even less likely.

Conquistador I really liked. It was fairly rough around the edges, but it sucked me in completely and playing thorugh it was a great experience for me. It's going to be interesting to see what they come up with next (if anything).

Shadowrun was ok. More polished in a way, but also more bland and unexciting. Worth the entry price for sure (especially since the pre-order included Berlin DLC, so there'll be more game coming).

But it's going to be interesting to see what the games I actually ended up backing will be like, I obviously have higher hopes for those

(for reference WL2, PE, TToN, Grim Dawn, JA: FB and Divinity: Original Sin)

WayForward is Kickstarting a new Shantae game for home consoles and PC.

Wait, what!?

WayForward is one of my favorite current developers and I absolutely adore the Shantae series, I'm just surprised this is going the Kickstarter route.  Still, I can't throw my money at them fast enough, I'm always down for more Shantae.  It will be nice to get a Shantae on a non-portable. (wel,, I guess my lappy technically is portable :p)

b07d10ed88329df859b25adad04afc17_large.g

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sigma Star Saga was pretty good.  Shantae is one of my favorite series due to my undying love of metroidvanias... and belly dancing half-genies.  Poor timing on their part as Inafune stole much of their thunder, though they'll easily make their initial goal and then some.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Wait, what!?

WayForward is one of my favorite current developers and I absolutely adore the Shantae series, I'm just surprised this is going the Kickstarter route.  Still, I can't throw my money at them fast enough, I'm always down for more Shantae.  It will be nice to get a Shantae on a non-portable. (wel,, I guess my lappy technically is portable :p)

I, along with others, left them a comment telling them to change back her skin color. 

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

Wait, what!?

I, along with others, left them a comment telling them to change back her skin color. 

I also prefer the old look:

shantae-jvmonde.jpg

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So this Shantae is a game series? This isn't the first game?

Correct.  Previously it has only appeared on Nintendo handhelds.  The first game was one of the very best GameBoy Color games (that unfortunately came out when the GBC was already a dead system), the second was a DS game, the third is scheduled for later this year on the 3DS.  This project will mark the first time the series has come to home consoles and PC.  It's a metroidvania where you play as a half-genie who whips enemies with her hair and does magic dances to transform into different creatures.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Hmm, thanks. I was considering checking the other games out, but I'M not going to buy 3 different systems for that. :p

Well, you'd only have to buy 1.  The 3DS plays DS games and the GBC game is available on the 3DS eShop too.  But, yeah.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

If you funded Battle Worlds: Kronos back in April, they just sent out keys to their first closed beta. Haven't installed mine just yet, but the key arrived in a timely fashion.

They also included a shout-out to an interesting survival-horror game currently struggling along:

U55 - End of the Line

Edited by TSBasilisk

I think it's interesting so many horror games have appeared on Kickstarter since july. The second attempt at eternal darkness, Tangiers, etc.

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

So this Shantae is a game series? This isn't the first game?

Correct.  Previously it has only appeared on Nintendo handhelds.  The first game was one of the very best GameBoy Color games (that unfortunately came out when the GBC was already a dead system), the second was a DS game, the third is scheduled for later this year on the 3DS.  This project will mark the first time the series has come to home consoles and PC.  It's a metroidvania where you play as a half-genie who whips enemies with her hair and does magic dances to transform into different creatures.

I'd never heard of it. When I saw the hair attack in the video, my first thought was Kabuki Quantum Fighter.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect trailerage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBbzzUBiUEg

lucille-bluth-celebration-gif.gif

It's so cheesy.  So wonderfully, deliciously cheesy.  Welcome back, Tex.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸