I just finished the Borgias, an old friend of mine sent them to me on DVD so that we could have a good old school film discussion. And I finally found "Sherlock" I enjoy watching Kahn and Bilbo solving crimes together...

Mostly Harmless

Enjoyed the first ep of Agents of SHIELD. Very curious as to what's up with Coulson.

Captain America rejected his housewarming invite?

I think they used bit too much gadgets and special effects, but that is rather minor complaint. 

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Coulson turns out to be a LifeModelDecoy but doesn't know it? :shifty:

It was a nice brief appearance of Ron Glass as well. Be interesting to see whether he turns up in more, as well as if Agent Hill makes any other cameo's as time goes by.

They do seem to be having Coulson be fairly whimsical with his humour. How effective that'll be as they develop it out, and compared to some of Whedon's other shows it felt aimed more at the juvenile crowd and not quite as dark as he can go.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So Breaking Bad guessing game:  Who is the ricin for?

* Walt himself

* Todd

* Lydia (we secretly switched Lydia's Stevia with Ricin, let's see if she notices)

* Jack

* Elliot 

* Gretchen

* Skyler

* Walt Jr. 

* Baby Holly (she had it coming)

* Brock (finish him off)

* Jesse

* Principal Molina

* Marie

I still think Walt takes it himself, but Elliot and/or Gretchen Schwartz is a definite possibility.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I missed Agents, worth it?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The "I am the one who knocks" speech is one of the more iconic scenes in the series.  Gus killing Victor is still my favorite scene.  Warning:  Very brutal and graphic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1L6jQ0Pfrw

Gus was so awesome.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

No offense to Jackson, but I like this "I am the danger" video better. :-

(mild language)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT6dPpZ9C68

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Saw the Agents of Shield. Totally preposterous (of course! :) ), a bit on the silly side, and I kept thinking about Men In Black or a superhero James Bond, but I liked it quite a bit anyway. Altho mostly I think that's because of Clark Gregg (Coulson). I was utterly delighted he was there and I had to wonder what was with the "he really doesn't know..." bit. Maybe he's a clone. :lol:

But I love that character and what Gregg does with it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

IIRC the flying car is actually nod to Nick Fury's Flying Car from the 1960s Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD book.

http://marvel.wikia.com/S.H.I.E.L.D._Flying_Car

Not having read or heard of the existence of that book, the flying car bit only made me think of Back to the Future.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads!" *whooosh*

(which seems to have been lifted from that book, I suppose).

There were several nods to the comic books. Mostly one off lines, but there were a few prop gags (like the car)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Watched the first season Breaking Bad episodes that dealt with Gray Matter, to refresh my memory. I find it debatable whether Walt was motivated (at end of last week) more by anger at the Gray Matter stuff itself or the relating the news of the "blue meth" showing up again (which has a few important trigger implications for Walt).

eg, I'm not sure Gray Matter will actually have anything to do with the finale. More likely it's just what's being used to trigger Walt's "Remember my name" angry-ego trip, kinda like how GM was used to push him back into meth business via him not wanting to take their sympathy-money for cancer treatment.

But we'll soon find out.

Watched the first season Breaking Bad episodes that dealt with Gray Matter, to refresh my memory. I find it debatable whether Walt was motivated (at end of last week) more by anger at the Gray Matter stuff itself or the relating the news of the "blue meth" showing up again (which has a few important trigger implications for Walt).

eg, I'm not sure Gray Matter will actually have anything to do with the finale. More likely it's just what's being used to trigger Walt's "Remember my name" angry-ego trip, kinda like how GM was used to push him back into meth business via him not wanting to take their sympathy-money for cancer treatment.

But we'll soon find out.

been showing the old breaking bad episodes on amc and we just happened to catch the fly/contaminant episode last night. typically we is bothered by exposition and monologues, but am glad we saw this episode before we sees finale. is kinda a big character reveal episode.

mostly we watch sports and news on television... not much else. breaking bad is something we has watched on and off for a few years, but haven't missed an episode o' the final season. after finale, am doubting we watch another show anytime soon.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Tried watching the pilot/first episode of Showtime's "Homeland." it has some great name actors in it, who all do very well, but I found it rather underwhelming. It probably gets more involving the more you watch, but the pace is very slow. I didn't dislike it, but neither did it make me want to watch another episode.

mostly we watch sports and news on television... not much else. breaking bad is something we has watched on and off for a few years, but haven't missed an episode o' the final season. after finale, am doubting we watch another show anytime soon.

Often I won't watch a series past the first few episodes while hubby continues to watch it. Typically there will be two to four series at a time we make time to watch together, but one by one most have had their swan songs, so not too much lately. Keep trying to find something new the past months, but not much appeals long term. Altho I have hopes for M.J. Fox's return.

Breaking Bad and Walking Dead are the only two I've kept up with week to week as they actually air for a while now and I'm losing interest in WD a bit. I'll still tune in this season but not sure how much longer I'll stick with it.

The finale of Breaking Bad felt a bit more like an epilogue episode, rather quietly wrapping up a lot of bits and such. Not too much action (appropriate, really), but the end packed a punch and made me go "yeehaw". A fitting ending, I think. Not a full redemption, maybe not any kind of redemption really, but some kind of inner peace type of thing. 7 million times better than the Dexter finale.... :getlost:

Idle thoughts:

Badger and the other dude as the "hitmen." LOL

I was sooo glad Jessie got to be the one to strangle psycho Todd. And I was also happy there was some kind of closure between Walt and Jessie. No hugs, no reconciliation/forgiveness, which I don't think would have worked at all, but just that little bit of a nod and acknowledgement from both at the very end.

I think Vince said on Talking Dead that Walt's intention was to actually kill Jessie with the others, until the last minute when Walt realized Jessie was a slave, not partner...then him diving on top of Jessie to protect him...sniffle. That robo-gun - woo what a toy. Strains credulity but hey I'll go with it because it was awesome. ;)

Did it seem weird that just after the gun massacre, Todd was all "Wow, Mr. White..." as if he was admiring Mr. White's plan and didn't seem to care his whole group/family had been killed off? I know he respected Walt and is an emotionless pscyho, but jeez...

And Walt's last moment, getting to be with what he really cared about most at the end ... what had made him feel "alive"... the chemistry and what he'd created. Caress that meth making tank. Science, baby!

Breaking Bad. Late comer to this series and watched all the seasons in the last two weeks. Great finale that wraps everything up.

Started watching some recurring and new shows:

The Blacklist. The Spader character reminds me of Hannibal Lector. Enjoyed the first episode and really looking forward to how the season plays out.

Revolution. The Train wreck of a show continues. Watching to see how much of their stupidity can get them into trouble.

Hostages. Not sure how this will work for multiple seasons. Hoping it'll wrap it all up before it gets cancelled.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I thought the show was okay. Seems to be going down the Smallville route with monster of the week episodes. I hope there's a story arc for this season. I don't get the fuss over the hover car which seems to be making the rounds on forums. It's a superhero TV show and a flying car is making a fuss, but everything else that is impossible is ok? :/

Great ending for an amazing series last night.  Vince Gilligan wrapped up all the loose ends.

My one qualm and other thoughts on the Breaking Bad finale:

Walt didn't deserve to go out on his own terms after everything he did.  Still, we essentially got the "happiest" ending possible at that point.  Walt went out on his own terms.  He gave Skyler a way to at least partially get out from under the thumb of the feds.  Hank and Gomie's bodies would at least be found so they could be buried properly.  He used Gretchen and Elliott to get money to Walt Jr. and put the fear of God into them to make sure they would find a way to make it work (I knew immediately that it was just somebody with laser pointers, though I didn't put 2 and 2 together that it would be Badger and Skinny Pete at first).  Jesse got to kill Creepy Todd with his own hands, got away at the end, and the whole ordeal may have actually given him the will to live again (that's what I got from him laughing and crying at the end).  Walt killed Lydia with her own OCD.  The Nazi goon squad got gunned the **** down by a hail of bullets.  In the end Walt made things as right least wrong as he could at that point.

@LadyC - I abandoned Dexter shortly after the great John Lithgow season.  The show was already rather uneven up to that point, with big ups and big downs, and I could see it going down hill fast.  From what I've heard from people, I chose wisely.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸