What are you playing now?

Everytime I come back, they change Warlocks some more.

Now I don't even have Shadowbolt. And Spirit is useless again.

I keep telling you to go to Demonology.

And I keep telling you to quit your blasphemy.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Levelling my Frost DK and seeing things die with my huge numbers is really a contrast to my Holy Paladin. Why, oh why, did they take consecrate away.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I logged onto my 85 once yesterday and just got intimidated by all the new buttons and different functionality. And my GEAR! With spirit on it! GACK

This is why every time I go away for a while, I have to roll a new character. Just so I can relearn the class through leveling.

I do not like where Vigil went with Darksiders 2. First game was a pretty decent action/adventure with a cool, no-nonsense protagonist and they threw it all out of the window by making the second a cross of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and Hellgate: London.

It's also a shoddy port with horrible menu lag.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Levelling my Frost DK and seeing things die with my huge numbers is really a contrast to my Holy Paladin. Why, oh why, did they take consecrate away.

IIRC holy paladins can now spam the crap out of Exorcism  for impressive dps. Although it depends on your level, and if you're high level, why don't you duel spec to Ret? (Or LFD chain like ever bored person)

Watching my daughter play a Panda Monk has inspired me to dust off my mage and see about leveling to 90. Its been so long I dont even remember the keyboard shortcuts any more. Wonder if Im still in my guild.

Gfted, you're probably missing half your abilities. It's probably best overall if you just relearn the class from the ground up. Shouldn't take long and they do give you a handy dandy little guide in either the talents or spell book.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

IIRC holy paladins can now spam the crap out of Exorcism  for impressive dps. Although it depends on your level, and if you're high level, why don't you duel spec to Ret? (Or LFD chain like ever bored person)

No excorism, we get Denounce, decent damage but fecking boring to spam it. I miss the old seal system where you could judge wisdom or light and run a seal different to that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Preloading Bioshock Infinite 

Same here, I quickly got the pre-order offer on Steam, dunno if I'll like X-Com but it seemed like a bargain all the same, I won't be able to play it until tomorrow though, must sleep.

Edited by WDeranged
  • Like 1

Gfted, you're probably missing half your abilities. It's probably best overall if you just relearn the class from the ground up. Shouldn't take long and they do give you a handy dandy little guide in either the talents or spell book.

This is what I have to do practically every time I take a break.

Wrath-Cata wasn't too bad. Mostly lost my shard bag. But I also never got up to raiding, so I didn't bother figuring out a rotation.

Starts with 'B' and ends with 'ioshock Infinite'. You get three guesses.

Beefier & Better Than Ever Fabioshock Infinite?

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

If games consistently get 9 or 9.5 out of ten something is amiss with the scoring system. Were one less discriminating one could suggest that the usual whores deliver what they are paid for.

And of course the game migth be awesome, one can't know. I hope it is.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

If games consistently get 9 or 9.5 out of ten something is amiss with the scoring system. Were one less discriminating one could suggest that the usual whores deliver what they are paid for.

If only we could blame giant conspiracies or scoring systems for this mess.

The truth is that standards in the industry have eroded to the point where nobody will dare to stand against enormous hype.

I don't really understand such scores as 10/10 or 5/5. It is like "the best we could have". Doesn't it seem to claim "do exactly the same game and do not try anything else, and you will have a 10/10, because it is perfect"?

Perfection does not exist, and even if it is a purpose, it would not have to be reached, because it would have been the end of creativity, and diversity.

Giving such scores are a bit insane, I think.

XCOM. Wow, love it. Ive never played the original so I cant comment on how this version compares but Im having a lot of fun. Playing on normal, I think I just finished the tutorial (which was perfect for a n00b like me) and have just started the mission to capture a live alien. The researching, engineering, base building, character building are all fun and present interesting choices. Quick question, in base building, adjacent rooms of the same type get a bonus. Does "adjacent" only count if the like rooms are right next to each other or can they also be directly above/below each other?

• Like 2

The four cardinal directions, yes, so generally speaking it's optimal to build your facilities in a 2x2 square - particularly your satellite uplinks and workshops.

EDIT: To expand a bit, some people go nuts and build a 3x3 grid of workshops, but while optimal in a min-maxing sense, it's probably not the best idea for an early-game foundation. a 2x2 grid consisting of two Satellite Uplinks and two Satellite Nexuses (Nexii?) will be sufficient to cover every country on the map so more than that serves no purpose. If you end up building three Uplinks because Nexii aren't yet available, it just means the fifth facility can be plonked anywhere on the map. Labs are generally built in a 0x0 grid: building them tends to be counterproductive.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Played XCOM as it's incomplete and well I need to finish things off. Have a soldier at the top of the Psi tree, but can't use Gollop yet. So, in the meantime I vainly try to not send teams full of Colonels out to stomp aliens.

The Gollop Chamber can be used by any psi-capable trooper, and indeed it can be desirable to use it with a non-levelled psionic because they get promoted to the max psi-level for free. A common trap is that they have to be wearing Psi Armor to be eligible.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Ah ok, I thought they were just too weak for it.

That Bioshock Infinite rating pic made me laugh. Not because I know whether the game is actually good or not....but yeah. Funny. Hehehe.

I've seen a few people post that they've played a couple hours of it already, and they're liking it so far. It'll be interesting to see what they say 10 hours later. I'm still half tempted myself, but the practical side of my brain tells me to wait until it drops in price, since I'm not familiar with the series.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The four cardinal directions, yes, so generally speaking it's optimal to build your facilities in a 2x2 square - particularly your satellite uplinks and workshops.

EDIT: To expand a bit, some people go nuts and build a 3x3 grid of workshops, but while optimal in a min-maxing sense, it's probably not the best idea for an early-game foundation. a 2x2 grid consisting of two Satellite Uplinks and two Satellite Nexuses (Nexii?) will be sufficient to cover every country on the map so more than that serves no purpose. If you end up building three Uplinks because Nexii aren't yet available, it just means the fifth facility can be plonked anywhere on the map. Labs are generally built in a 0x0 grid: building them tends to be counterproductive.

Meh, I just started construction of my second lab directly under the first lab. Why is it couterproductive to build labs adjacent to other labs?