Racism alive and well in the UK

Gorth

Apparently it's perfectly fine to use the Queens English to accuse people of being Australian.

Sentence overturned

A British woman convicted of racism after calling her New Zealand-born neighbour an Australian has had her name cleared.

Last November, Petra Mills was arrested after calling her neighbour a "stupid fat Australian" during a drunken tirade on her front lawn.

The neighbour, Chelsea O'Reilly, says Ms Mills knew she was born in New Zealand but used the term "Australian" to offend her.

Ms Mills was charged with racially aggravated public disorder and fined $162.

However, the local court in the city of Chester has overturned the decision, ruling that using the word "Australian" is not a racist slur.
Ms Mills has since moved to north Wales to escape the embarrassment caused by her conviction.

Bloody Poms, watch who you call an Aussie, yes? :facepalm:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

that's like calling a Canadian an American!

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It's stupid things like these that make me ashamed I'm a member of the human race.

Seriously?

You call that racism?

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Worked in a resturant when I was just starting UNI and one of the Chefs was similarly very offended at being called an Australian, which would naturally make us all forget on purpose.

It seems to be especially important to white Europeans who moved there a couple of hundred years ago. I guess everyone wants to belong somewhere.

all-blacks-03.jpg

---

Crocodile-Dundee.jpg

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

As if you Dutch can talk.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

From the title, I thought this was an Oby thread.

Oh well, he will come in to rail against the imperialist oppressor west before too long.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Bunch of sheep shaggers, the lot of em, those New Zealanders. ;)

To quote Ben Croshaw, "But it was made in Japan and we all know what xenophobic d*cks they are!"(irony)

As if you Dutch can talk.

OI!

:D

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

To see the label "Australian" as offensive is offensive by itself. Seeing "Australian" as a race is downright retarded.

Oh no, now I'm ableist! Damn those women, always forcing me to be politically correct just for the sake of their porchmonkeys (don't worry, I'm taking it back).

To quote Ben Croshaw, "But it was made in Japan and we all know what xenophobic d*cks they are!"(irony)

I was talking to a couple of students in a cafe in Kyoto when the subject reached robotics and I asked why they Japan seemed to be so naturally gifted with robotics.. to which one of the guys replied "It's 'cause we hate foreigners so much" and went on to explain that why it was an elegant solution to the problem.. so yeah..

Fortune favors the bald.

that's like calling a Canadian an American!

No, that actually makes sense geographically. It would be like calling an American an Indian..

No, I meant that many Canadians take offense at being mistaken for Americans, much as Kiwis take offense at being mistaken for Australians, despite being pretty much identical in general appearance and speech. As in there isn't any way really to differentiate Americans and Canadians aside from Americans with a southern drawl, same as there isn't really any way to differentiate a kiwi and an aussie. Culturally there are many differences, which leads to one group taking offense at being mistaken as the other, but it has more to do with shared history than anything else.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

There are many ways to differentiate, I'll have you know. We say "Ud like sum fush und chups" while those horrendous convicts with their adenoidal whine say "oil loik sim feesh ind cheeps". Plus Aussies mistake the number 6 for an Indian religion originating in the Punjab.

• Like 2

May I be the first to accuse all of you of being Belgian?

• Like 4

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.