Gorth

My caffeine consumption has been skyrocketing the past month or so ... attempting to scale back. Typically I just have 2 or 3 cans of diet Dew a day and that's about it. Over months however, or during stress, or obsessive game playing, it can go up and up. Sometimes it goes back down again, sometimes ... not.  The sad thing is, it's not so much the caffeine (tho that's definitely part of it) but that in general, I really don't like the taste of many drinks. Can't drink most fruit juice very often, don't like tea, don't like milk (as a drink drink, it's more a food), don't like booze, don't like most other soda flavors (diet or sugar).

*drinks her water, grumpily*

once I learned how much sugar pretty much everything has, I went over to water myself. I am convinced that I would have become a diabetic otherwise.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

In the East Coast, at least, it's really hard to find over the counter juices that aren't basically fruit-flavoured Coke (and usually, made by Coca-Cola). Water is definitely the way to go. I get Coke hankerings at odd times and will never get off coffee, but really, water is the best by far.

I stopped having carbonated drinks years ago and moved on to non concentrated fruit juices, neither of them have been very kind to my teeth so in the last few months I've started drinking water and organic cordials, no idea if I'm getting health benefits but it's too early to judge, I'm still hooked on tea and coffee though  :dancing:

Sounds good Rosbjerg. Friends are more useful than a girlfriend anyway, less drama and more reliable in my experience. :lol:

Spent an hour in a barber's waiting room listening to a guy read to his son.  That was grating, maybe he was just loud but a ceaseless monologue was messing with my reading of my own book (silently).  Of course it being a Star Wars novel made it worse. Character named "Malorum", *snort*.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sounds good Rosbjerg. Friends are more useful than a girlfriend anyway, less drama and more reliable in my experience. :lol:

Spent an hour in a barber's waiting room listening to a guy read to his son.  That was grating, maybe he was just loud but a ceaseless monologue was messing with my reading of my own book (silently).  Of course it being a Star Wars novel made it worse. Character named "Malorum", *snort*.

Why is a kid that is too young to read itself being read a StarWars novel?

What happened to Padington Bear and the other awesome childrens books?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Watching World is not Enough out of semi-boredom. I ended up looking up Denise Richards filmography due to her horrible performance. And just googled her (hey, playboy pictoral apparently), and the image search is... scary. She looks like a Stepford Wife in any shot she's smiling.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Watching World is not Enough out of semi-boredom. I ended up looking up Denise Richards filmography due to her horrible performance. And just googled her (hey, playboy pictoral apparently), and the image search is... scary. She looks like a Stepford Wife in any shot she's smiling.

Isn't she Charlie Sheen's ex-wife or something?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

This week has been one of the most challenging weeks in my life. My grandmother passed away, made me cry like a little kid. I know we all go through this at some point, but it never gets any easier when you lose a loved one. God bless you all.

Well you got through it, Labadal.  Sorry to hear about your grandmother - as much as that is worth from some Internet stranger, anyway :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not normally a US football person, but it's the 49er's in the Superbowl, so I must watch. Or at least, try to. 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not normally a US football person, but it's the 49er's in the Superbowl, so I must watch. Or at least, try to. 

Well, it starts at 1 am for me and I'm watching, so you don't really have an excuse, do you?

(Great to be able to watch after a year or two now that I'm on holiday. I very much hope that my new easy-going place of employment will allow me to indulge without having to call in sick or shenanigans like that) :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

When is kick-off? So far it's just pregame stuff. Bah. I didn't even realize they were in the Superbowl until a few days ago. :lol:

...making some popcorn.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Heh, yeah, I just realized that a few minutes ago. The tv list said 11-3 so I thought the game might start at noon or something. I had to scroll further to see there was more. Seems like when I was a kid pre-game stuff was only about an hour. 4+ hours? Silly.

Ah well, gives me time to play a game for a while.

I just read a comic-book series for once, called Fear Agent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_Agent)

Just incredible, righ down to the ending. I do not even read comic books, but this one has a certain hook that happens every now and then in any medium. It is not the Planescape: Torment of comic books, but it certainly trancends the genre and is a gem in itself.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Condolences Labadal.

Well you got through it, Labadal.  Sorry to hear about your grandmother - as much as that is worth from some Internet stranger, anyway :p

Thanks. I think it is worth a lot. Considering I'm an internet stranger too.  :ninja:

And for the quote of the day :    "Superbowl is on in the pub. So far its a bunch of extremlely homoerotic lens flare filled shots of muscley men. Awesome!"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

As if football or rugby promos are much better.  Still, impressive how long the pre-game shows are.

I don't know, it always comes across as rugby played by men in tights and 40lbs of protective gear taking a break every 5 minutes...

Wait, I should avoid the potential trolling there.

Maybe it's just all about the lens flare? Although Simon Pegg was quite proud to announce that yes, Abrams was returning to Star Trek 2 with plenty of lens flare... It's just become the in thing of late... :shifty:

Aw, the 49er's lost. I didn't watch that much of it...we were playing BL2 and I'd flip it to the game to check the score every 20 minutes or so. I guess there was a power outage, heh. Did watch the last 10 minutes....that was fairly interesting. Thought the Niner's might make it, but nope...not quite. 

After lunch, will be heading to the DMV. Joy.

Having one of those odd days where my back aches, my head has a grinding headache, and I seem to keep zoning out today...

Had jury duty. They ran out of cases before it got to me, so I only had to waste the 3 hours for 6 dollars.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."