What you did today

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

I've spent the last hour and a half shoveling the snow pile so I could finish doing the driveway. After a ten hour work day, it's quite the chore.

I guess it's karma for living in a condo for more than a decade and not having to shovel at all.

Snow... I remember that from some distant past. White stuff, clogging up everything from footpaths to roads, right? :p

Made some tapioca pudding. It was delish.

So....here's what I heard tonight. It went on for about 10-15 minutes or so. I've been scouring the 'net for early newsbits but nothing. Maybe on the 10pm local TV news. Sounds like guns at first, then starts to become more rapid. The flashes reflecting off clouds is a bit noticeable at 1:45 and 2:18. Hubby's theory: someone's giant storehouse of illegal fireworks caught fire. :p It was weird, anyway. The weekend excitement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3zR_SKCI3U

Glad it was nothing serious (unless you happened to have a pile of illegal fireworks stashes and it goes off of course) :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I dun caught the 24 hour flu it appears first time I've had a serious bout with it since I was... 4(?) when I threw up, ran into my parents room to inform them that "I exploded".

If this persists longer than that I'll be hitting either a clinic or an ER. Because this isn't allowing me to keep ANTHING down (right now I'm surviving on ginger ale and water).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Woke up, had breakfast. Checked kickstarter and stared in disbelief at a project failing to meet its goal by $28. If I had checked before breakfast I could have upped my pledge and they would have made it...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Woke up, had breakfast. Checked kickstarter and stared in disbelief at a project failing to meet its goal by $28. If I had checked before breakfast I could have upped my pledge and they would have made it...

What KS failed ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What KS failed ?

Alpha Colony.

Second time round. They did a kickstarter a while back for 150K which came close but failed. So they secured alternate funding and continued working on it. Did a kickstarter for the final stretch of 50k and reached $49.972. It's completly depressing. They had made those 50k twice over the first time round...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

What KS failed ?

Alpha Colony.

Second time round. They did a kickstarter a while back for 150K which came close but failed. So they secured alternate funding and continued working on it. Did a kickstarter for the final stretch of 50k and reached $49.972. It's completly depressing. They had made those 50k twice over the first time round...

Thats not good, thanks for the update though :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Had a series of very vivid and slightly odd dreams through last night that I kept waking up from in the wee early hours. Although surprisingly after those multiple wakeups I'm not feeling that tired this morning... Just slightly disconnected in general.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

LC, I live behind a High School and I get a fantastic firework show during Homecoming. It's a bit late for that, but it could be a holiday kickoff thing? December 1st usually has a lot of those.

It's possible - I don't keep up with city events like that. And from the way people were opening their doors to stand in their front yard looking around, I'd guess most of my neighbors don't either. :lol: But yeah...could be. It was coming from the general direction such an event might take place.

And today ... I am being a lazy old fart. Still in my bathrobe, but thinking about showering and going out for a bite to eat.

Last episode of Walking Dead TV series (for the year) tonight. With the set-up from the past couple weeks...should be interesting. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Haven't slept over five hours since wednesday (and some quite a bit shorter than that), so have some sort of tic on my left eyebrow.

Also realised that there's workplaces where you are the low man on the totem pole, and then there's places where you're the last guy in the human centipede. This is one of the latter. :p

Anyway, sent the memo to the faculty, and hopefully that part of my life will be over tomorrow evening, for better or for worse.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Haven't slept over five hours since wednesday (and some quite a bit shorter than that), so have some sort of tic on my left eyebrow.

Also realised that there's workplaces where you are the low man on the totem pole, and then there's places where you're the last guy in the human centipede. This is one of the latter. :p

Anyway, sent the memo to the faculty, and hopefully that part of my life will be over tomorrow evening, for better or for worse.

Hi Nep

Are you saying since Wednesday you have only slept 5 hours !!!

It sounds like a good party, what have you been doing if I may ask :devil:

John Milton 

Hi Nep

Nah, 2, 4, 5, 5, 3 hours, so a total of 19 since wednesday. Hardly the stuff of legends, but enough for a pretty cool raccoon look.

First, office xmas party (on the day I heard the grade thing), since then, polishing my reply to the faculty, either awake or in my sleep. Sent it today, so hopefully will get some sleep tonight. Have thu (independence day) and fri off, so otherwise ok.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hi Nep

Nah, 2, 4, 5, 5, 3 hours, so a total of 19 since wednesday. Hardly the stuff of legends, but enough for a pretty cool raccoon look.

First, office xmas party (on the day I heard the grade thing), since then, polishing my reply to the faculty, either awake or in my sleep. Sent it today, so hopefully will get some sleep tonight. Have thu (independence day) and fri off, so otherwise ok.

Hi Nep

Okay, that makes sense. Its still not a lot of sleep so I am sure you will enjoy your first good nights sleep

John Milton 

Having that odd waiting space going on at the moment. Hanging around waiting to hear back if a project is being picked up, which would mean I'd actually get paid this year if it does... Which would be a very useful thing. Primary carer's benefits and basic income support help pay some of the bills, but it still makes it somewhat fun around the christmas time.

Trying to get things organised to get the christmas decorations down from the attic and out, but apart from my mother (the disabled one) no-one in the family is interested and is generally kind of passive aggressive over the whole thing.

"Oh, lets wait a couple of weeks, no need to rush".

"but then christmas will basically be over and there's no point to it"

"oh. <wide-eyed look> "that would be a shame, why would we bother with it then."

The winter weather is dropping some of the cold and being a bit more wet, so suddenly the dogs are tracking mud into the house which is so much fun.

And the cat's good eye is starting to get a bit gunky, so trying to keep an eye on that to make sure it isn't anything serious....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Carrot muffin today, an exciting change from the normal blueberry muffins I get where the blueberries are distributed in a non-uniform patten. Haven't seen the sun in a while, seems to be affecting my mood lately, as well.

On the bright side, I got a new pen today.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cable box broke. Guess I have to call them to bring a new one before hubby gets grumpy. ;)

Raked up a huge pile of leaves that won't all fit in the giant leaf bin the city gives you, and that's barely what's on the ground. You rake up just the walking areas, 1.5 days later it looks like you did nothing. Stupid trees. :down:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

i've been playing Badurs Gate Enhanced Edition, Flawed but fun.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

After I finished Dawnguard stuff in Skyrim yesterday I decided to write. This lasted until 2 AM. As I wasn't completely ruined for the day, I feel as if I'm still young for managing that feat.

Received my external HDD today, so I'm doing a backup of important files. By which I mean my GOG.com downloads and what little music collection I have.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Not much. Just trying to keep my sanity intact until annual leave shows up and knocks on my door... :sweat:

Can't really motivate myself to play video games at the moment, so it's time to swing ye olde paint brush again and pick up on some of the slack (my mountain of unpainted warhammer miniatures).

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Been VERY busy lately. Our company bid on a new contract with Raddcomm Inc to design public WIFI access points and network backhaul in 117 Simon Malls throughout the US. We spent weeks preparing the bids. We just found out today our bid was accepted. This is HUGE. Not only will it keep us busy for the next two years but if we can complete it on time and under budget our company moves out of the start up phase and gains financial stability and most importantly market credibility.

It's been a long year with many sleepless nights and living in bad motel rooms (in some cases in dangerous places) but right now it was TOTALLY worth it! I can't wait for January to get here now.

• Like 7

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That's awesome, Guard Dog. Must feel great. Celebration time? :)

-----------------

....I'm in a Xmas-y mood. Can you tell? Next I'll be baking cookies.

(edit) hm, santa hamster isn't quite as cute when bigger than its original size.

• Like 1

Wrote a page and a half of my architecture final essay, then took it easy, got drunk, did surprisingly well as Dido (why's she so pale? Anti-middle eastern sentiment!) in Civ V (maybe I'm onto something here,) and cursed the lack of sea resources available for a naval/mercantile power like Carthage. Still pursuing gainful employment.

Edited by AGX-17