What you did today

Gorth

Bruised my Sternum (chest bone) in a mock fight yesterday at training.. Boy that **** hurts!

But otherwise your ok, right? :)

edit:

on a personal note: am having a Nepenthe moment in regards to university and final papers...

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

today I did some stuff and then went back to bed. only 3 months and 11 days till spring.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Bruised my Sternum (chest bone) in a mock fight yesterday at training.. Boy that **** hurts!

edit:

on a personal note: am having a Nepenthe moment in regards to university and final papers...

What's that, a meltdown? :D

Decided over the weekend to stay here in my current workplace until the end of June instead of going with another temporary contract elsewhere. Immediately have had the ~4 worst days of my time here. It's like they hate me, but don't have anyone else to do the job. Which could very well be true. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

What's that, a meltdown? :D

Let's just say: am putting loads of effort into a paper which will be seriously underappreciated come evaluation time.

Getting ready to write a stern letter though...

edit: also, if people already don't like you, that means you can start affairs with their wives, girlfriends, sisters, sister-in-laws and adult daughters just to spite them and not worry about them not liking you afterward :p

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

edit: also, if people already don't like you, that means you can start affairs with their wives, girlfriends, sisters, sister-in-laws and adult daughters just to spite them and not worry about them not liking you afterward :p

True, as long as you are not doing it out of spite? - cause that'll bite you in the ass later.

Aside from the pain yeah - the main problem is it's giving me horrible posture, so now my back is starting to hurt too. Vicious cycle. :)

You must have been wearing boobplate, which directs all blows to your sternum.

Boobplate? haha, I don't even know what that is.. But no, we were doing wrestling and the two of us tried to use our entire weight to force the other guy down when his shoulder impacted my chest with the full force of 2 guys, blew me right off the floor.

Fortune favors the bald.

Woke up and noticed that zombies had ooverrun Giddings Mall and the Morrish Building. Killed the zeds in Morrish, dumped their bodies outside, repaired the damage and started on rebarricading. Went to Bromley Autorepir to rest. Woke up to find two zombies on top of me. Ran off to warn other survivors.

Meanwhile in Grigs Heights:

Zombies made it through the barricades of Lee Boulevard PD. Did all I could, but am out of bullets and first aid kits.

Problem is, I work almost exclusively with women. :p

But no, really, I*m a kind of easy-going guy (well, at work anyway, I obviously have my GNN moments which I try to channel elsewhere) which always results in uptight women thinking that I'm slacking, when I'm just using my energy efficiently. :p

I am not lazy, I am a recovering workaholic *nodnod*

:D

After the episode at the uni, that might be a fairly fitting descriptor.

Had lunch with a cutie who used to stop by here at the office every now and then but moved jobs and no longer does... Was telling her about the atmosphere here and her immediate reaction was "do you have a lot of women working there?". She moved from the "mild interest" category to the "extreme interest" one. :D

Thinking about it's funny how when people resigned, we use to have meetings to announce it. Now, there's just an email chain with that good ol' fake corpspeak. Ah well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Problem is, I work almost exclusively with women. :p

How is this a problem? What industry is this?

If I understand correctly : Female Lawyers. That is never a good combination...

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Guest The Architect
If I understand correctly : Female Lawyers. That is never a good combination...

How so? Do you have a rational, evidence-based reason (studies, statistics, etc.) or are you just a misogynist?

He was making a joke. Do you have a rational, evidence-based sense of humour (sarcasm, wit, etc.), or are you just an aspie?

The hysterical part is that I wasn't even making a joke about working with women, but replying to the other guy's joke and the logistic problems executing his plan would cause in the current environment. :p

But, since I already got called out on it, I might as well commit the crime I was accused of: Working somewhere with a high amount of career-focused women creates an extremely tense and backstabby work environment. Some men also become overly concerned with the pecking order in such a place, so there tends to be a lot more of young bucks locking horns than in a mostly-male environment. Personal experience from actually working, not reading propaganda trying to pass off as science.

Meetings, meetings, wrote up many emails, documented some stuff, came up with some plans for some other things, met Patrick Soderlund, learned his thoughts on the game so far, yadda yadda yadda, and just got home.

Whew.

So what are your thoughts on his thoughts?

Pleasantly surprised.

That's good then.

And I guess that means that the above sentence are my thoughts on your thoughts on his thoughts.

(yes I am shirking work, if it isn't obvious)