1. 1. Where are you from?

• North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Africa
    • Australia
    • Antarctica (you never know)

I'm not really surprised RPG's do better in Europe than America. Just looking at Germany already establishes that...

Come now Hassat this is a poll with less than 1500 responses.  I doubt it is an effective measure of that.  Sure europeans are into RPG's, sure the Wizardry license is held by a japanese company....  But let's not forget D&D was invented in America and Wizardy (as well as every other first person RPG) started in Canada/the US as well.

Meanwhile I personally am from somewhere that is definitely not Sweden.

Edited by Karkarov

It's not just this poll that reply is based on...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Come now Hassat this is a poll with less than 1500 responses.  I doubt it is an effective measure of that.  Sure europeans are into RPG's, sure the Wizardry license is held by a japanese company....  But let's not forget D&D was invented in America and Wizardy (as well as every other first person RPG) started in Canada/the US as well.

Cough...Tolkien...Cough...

Serbia btw.

Edited by Sarex

Cough...Tolkien...Cough...

Serbia btw.

Naah, none of these is exclusive to one continent only. And since they appeared and went worldwide so long ago, I don't think their origin would make a significant difference today.

I guess europeans just dig this particular kind of RPGs.

Oh, btw, just southeast of you, man.

Nothing gold can stay.

Naah, none of these is exclusive to one continent only. And since they appeared and went worldwide so long ago, I don't think their origin would make a significant difference today.

I guess europeans just dig this particular kind of RPGs.

Oh, btw, just southeast of you, man.

Hi neighbor. Could be, or at least they like obsidian more. :p

I'm from Ashkelon, Israel. Israel administratively considered to be part of Asia, but geographically it is part of Africa, while socially it is rather European state. I guess i vote for Antarctica.

I disagree ,socially we are  closer  to South Africa than to Europe....

troll.gifseatroll.gificetroll.giftroll.gif

An ex-biophysicist but currently Studying Schwarzschild singularities' black holes' Hawking radiation using LAZORS and hypersonic sound wave models.

My main objective is to use my results to take over the world!

I'm not really surprised RPG's do better in Europe than America. Just looking at Germany already establishes that...

It's been established many times on many places that role playing games have an easier time to be successful in Europe than anywhere else. They are usually also better received over here. 

I don't want to brag but it looks like Europeans are the Master Race™ when it comes to good RPG :-.

I tell you, we need a new Lionheart game, where the story happens all over Europe. The game being good would also be an improvement.

• Like 2

Impish British Larper and proud of it.  Of the larping that is, damn proud.  Nationality, I've outgrown it.

Edited by FlintlockJazz
  • Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Never would have imagined there is such a big European following. 

A huge number of our backers are European and traditionally RPGs receive a lot of European attention.

• Like 2

It'll be interesting to see the regional sales figures a year after release. It might be that North American sales outstrip European by virtue of market size, what sort of metric is backers versus non-backers post-release sales for crowd-funded games?

sonsofgygax.JPG