Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

Marketing Hook  

1195 members have voted

1. 1. Which game hook brought you to PE and interests you the most?

• Icewind Dale
    • Baldur's Gate
    • Planescape: Torment
    • Fallout 1 & 2
    • Neverwinter Nights (2)
    • Temple of Elemental Evil
    • Knights of the Old Republic (2)
    • Other or Multiple (if multiple, comment)
    • Arcanum

I missed out on PS:T (I'm not certain it ever had a release in this country) but was certainly a fan of Fallout, BG and NWN. I voted Fallout though as that remains my favourite, and even now I'm playing through it again. I'll have to pick up PS:T on GOG sometime from what I've heard of it.

It was Baldurs Gate, Fallout, and Planescape that really got me psyched. Those are some of my favorite games of all time so to hear the same guys were thinking of doing another game in the same style was a big deal for me. I also really enjoyed New Vegas, more than the original fallout 3, as it felt more like what fallout should be to me. NWN 2 was a great game, better than the original in my personal opinion.

I skipped ToEE and Icewind Dale mostly because I don't like just having generic party members. I'm a character driven players and the idea of playing an IE type game but with me controling a whole party of customize characters with no dialogue wasn't anything that interested me. Arcanum I tried to play a few times but I felt the gameplay just wasn't polished so even though I loved the concept I could never get into it.

Mainly though I want to support this genre. I'm glad these seasoned pros are behind the game but I'd like to think I would have supported other developers trying the same thing. I pledged wasteland 2 as well because these are the sorts of games I want to see made again.

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

I was dranw in primarily beacuse of the comparison to Planescape: Torment, but I have played BG1+2 many times more than PS:T, so even if Baldur's Gate was the only game mentioned, I would have backed the project.

That said, I like all the games on the poll.

It was the fallout's and KOTOR 2, loved all three games. I also have friends who played BG and Icewind Dale in the day (I played a bit as well), so I knew quality would come naturally for Obsidian. :)

Edited by Wolar

I was drawn in just by the fact that it was an Obsidian game. Alpha Protocol is one of my favorite games of all time, Planescape was also fantastic aside from the poor combat, and New Vegas was real good too. I honestly found Fallout 1 and 2's combat unbearable to the point where I never got very far in either. Never played the Baldur's Gates or Icewind Dales and I really don't have any drive to. I have a copy of KOTOR 2 I need to play though and I've heard great things about NW2: Mask of the Betrayer so I'll probably check that out someday, even if I just read a Let's Play.

Edited by Zap Rowsdower

Also: Balders Gate and Icewind Dale even though *GASP* I haven't played them but I always meant to...

... I know... *sigh*.

WUT. :grin: GOG.com or BG:EE coming out next month.

A lot more votes suddenly after the Kickstarter. I was surprised to see that--more surprised to see the last surge actually surpassed the first day (really did not expect that).

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

PS:T was to me the first game to really incorporate moral choices and to have consequences on those choices. Art work in IWD/IWD2 was awesome but I'm not a big battle man, I could just as easily bypass battles and get back to the story ... I really really want to play a story.

Im gonna be honest here. Ive never played any of the games they talked about in their qoute. Recently I played fo1 & 2 and they are good storys but didnt like the gameplay so much.

Why did I even fund them for a game style im not familar with or problemly dont like?

Simple, Chris and josh have impressed me sooooooooo much with their work in fonv, that I heard they were on the verge of going under...well I felt it was my duty as a fan of their quality of work to keep on going.

What free me in wasnt the games they mentioned, but the quality of their work has made me a diehard fan and I wanted to part of and contribute to them hopefully getting back on their feet and staying together.

Also before I get flamed, I am planning on remedying my situation with the older games with gog.com,, its just im broke lol and I gotta wait til I get some money and for me to finally complete morrowind and its expansion storylines lol.

I heard they were on the verge of going under..

Where did you hear this? I don't recall seeing any official comment of that sort anywhere...

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Eh it was putting 2 and 2 together of constantly seeing layoffs, projects continually being cancelled. The lack of games being released dwindling down each year.

Maybe it was on the verge of being shutdown or downsized, but the company has hit some hard patches in the road recently.

Multiple. First and foremost, Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment. Secondarily, Icewind Dale and Temple of Elemental Evil.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate I & II, and Fallout I & II: these games define good cRPGs in my mind, and it's been quite dissapointing to see the decline of this genre over the years. I've played most of the "good" modern RPGs (usually not to completion), and none of them compare to these great classics. I'm very excited to see a modern game inspired by the best games the genre has to offer.

"Forsooth, methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!"

-Protagonist, Baldur's Gate

After playing Dragon Age II I was blown away by the depth of the story and fun of the gameplay, but I can't just play the same game forever. I figured that Project Eternity would be the next best thing.

• Like 1

One recent survey by a Washington-based researcher concluded that Americans were far more willing to participate in cannibalism then they have in the past hundred years. America is a nation that will not suffer abominations lightly.

*snort*

*cough*

Yeah, sure. Moving along. :sweat:

Torment, no doubt about it. While all the options are great games and especially both Fallouts are exceptional games, PS:T remains unequalled in it's strength to shake a young gamer's world. "That was... indescribable".

This is not to say Torment is the best game there is, but definitely the one I'd choose if I had only one game to play for the rest of my life.