Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

Marketing Hook  

1195 members have voted

1. 1. Which game hook brought you to PE and interests you the most?

• Icewind Dale
    • Baldur's Gate
    • Planescape: Torment
    • Fallout 1 & 2
    • Neverwinter Nights (2)
    • Temple of Elemental Evil
    • Knights of the Old Republic (2)
    • Other or Multiple (if multiple, comment)
    • Arcanum

I just wanted to see what the Obsidian guys could do with making their own intellectual property. I suspect it's going to be great. Plus I like IE games. It just works really well on a PC. so much better than a bastardized console interface.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hey, this thing is still going. Two years old!

Wow, BG caught up with PST finally. I think (seem to remember PST had a significant lead at some point).

• Like 1

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Voted for Baldur's Gate, but only because that's the best amalgamation of the mixture they presented. There is much to like about any of these games listed.

The narrative of PS:T and NWN2 MotB, the adventure of NWN2 SoZ, the mood, steampunk, and crafting of Arcanum, quest structure/outcome of both Arcanum and the Fallouts, the superb combat of ToEE, etc. While I did like IWD 1&2, they are my least favorite of any of the games presented here. I played them, and enjoyed them well enough, but they were merely consolation for my lack of any new BG games. I've never actually played KotOR 2 though. I've been meaning to, but just never got around to it.

No one game in particular. 

Aside from narrative, a large part of the attraction for me was the promise of a 2012 take on creating an isometric based RPG. The art style, coupled with improved fidelity, promised much. For the most part the game looks great, though the lack of environmental animations is a sore point for me. 

What they've created so far is impressive, but I admit it's not quite what I had in my mind when it was announced. Hype was in overdrive when the first screenshot hit, but the subsequent gameplay releases notched that down a bit. 

I picked Planescape Torment and honestly, I got on board due to Avellone's writing and the call back to isometric rpg gaming.

I haven't watched a single gameplay video, read a few of the updates and kept myself shut out from all information regarding PoE. The majority of backers had these pie in the sky romantic ideals of what the perfect rpg should be and that Project Eternity would fulfill that grandiose vision. As long as it doesn't end up a puzzle adventure fps game, I'll be happy.

I picked Planescape Torment and honestly, I got on board due to Avellone's writing and the call back to isometric rpg gaming.

I haven't watched a single gameplay video, read a few of the updates and kept myself shut out from all information regarding PoE. The majority of backers had these pie in the sky romantic ideals of what the perfect rpg should be and that Project Eternity would fulfill that grandiose vision. As long as it doesn't end up a puzzle adventure fps game, I'll be happy.

PoE isn't far off realizing that. Just needs more work. 

I don't expect PoE to end up the perfect RPG because I do not think that is possible.   Game players are individuals with individual likes and dislikes but I do expect it to have the immersive story and depth of character that those IE games had.    Even the IWD games had that for me.  I built my party to what I considered interesting and dialogue actually responded at least occasionally to my party makeup.  The stories were meaningful and important.

This is a walk down memory lane for me.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

PoE isn't far off realizing that. Just needs more work. 

My statement was that the perfect isometric rpg is in everybody's head and much harder to translate from vision to reality. Not everyone will be happy; glad that you will be.

• Like 1

Hey, this thing is still going. Two years old!

That was my thought when I saw this thread again. I can't believe it's been two. I could swear it was only a year ago... :wacko:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts