What are you playing now?

Gorth

So, some here are saying Transformers: Battle for Cybertron is actually good? I shunned it originally because it's a movie based game (and we know how those turn out 99% of the time).

What type of game did it turn out to be and why is it actually something one should consider playing?

The High Moon studio's games are good.

Transformers: War for Cybertron & Transformers: Fall Of Cybertron, these are worth checking out as they're not movie based games, but IP based games.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I'm nearing completion of the main story in Sleeping Dogs. I find that it's really difficult to max out my Triad stats because a]there doesn't seem to be many missions to boost it and b]the XP I do get during the Triad missions isn't much. Contrast that to the Cop stats, where doing those drug bust side missions really boost the XP, and I've already maxed that one out.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Saints row 3. Fairly fun, but inferior in every way to Vice City, Total Overdose and even the Saboteur that all did the over-the-top craziness and sandbox better and didn't have such a terribly executed story, to boot. I killed a villain in a cutscene without even realizing until it was mentioned in another cutscene.

Also near the end of the game I was immune to all damage and all my weapons had infinite ammo. I've never played a game before with built-in cheats (well, aside from maybe Failout 3).

What I appreciated the most about the game was the 80s radio station, sex appeal slider and Sasha Grey (although I was only reminded she was in the game after finishing).

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Trying to finish Caesar IV and got stuck again. Damn Prosperity rating is stuck at 87 and no space to plank down villas and the legion of attendant services they need. Guess I'll have to restart but eh, will do that later.

Going to replay the first two Broken Sword games as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

King of Dragon Pass. Call me a grognard if you wish, but most modern rpg's and rts's should be ashamed of themsleves in comparison, seriously this game is enormously ambitious, reactive and feature packed. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Knights of the Old Republic II. Fun after not having played it for years. It hasn't really aged gracefully, but who cares, the music is still awesome and Kreia's voice artist does a great job.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finished the main story for Sleeping Dogs tonight. Overall, it's a fun game, IMO. My only complaint is on how ... shallow ... certain parts of the game are.

For instance, like GTA, you can meet some girls and then get their number, which usually opens up additional quests. But in Sleeping Dogs, you only get one or two quests from them, and then abruptly you never see these girls again, even when it's left as though they'll be ongoing NPC contact options.

I even had to Google a certain character to see if I did something that screwed up any further contact with her because it just seemed as though she was dropped from the story for no reason.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

King of Dragon Pass. Call me a grognard if you wish, but most modern rpg's and rts's should be ashamed of themsleves in comparison, seriously this game is enormously ambitious, reactive and feature packed. Highly recommended.

Also playing KoDP, which I'd never heard of until the excited comments of certain people in the GoG thread here last week. Good little pickup and probably the best $6 I'll spend this year - racked up about a dozen hours over the weekend - but I think the claims about its replayability are somewhat overstated. I've played three spectacular failures to start, then won a short game. Started a long game to play over the coming week, but really, it doesn't feel all that different and I'm mostly retreading ground covered by the first win - even as I try to play differently (i.e. a lot more antagonistically for this long game).

I guess my chief complaint is that it's all rather heavily railroaded. I understand it's a deliberate design decision to keep the story development roughly within the confines of the game setting, but it's not great in terms of replayability. I feel that adding a few different victory conditions would add a fair bit to it. As it stands, you freeform a bit until you're successful enough to enter the end-game plot thread, then follow that to the end rather rigidly.

Specifically, it's the way there are certain hard limits to the way you develop. Want to play an expansionistic game? Game says no, you must split off part of your clan or your people will whine. Want to build a massive army to crush all your neighbouring clans underfoot? Game says no, your warriors don't like having so many fellows. Want to rid yourself of the threat of neighbouring non-human civilisations? Game says no, instant game-over screen. Heroquests, RNG gotchas aside, are also very predictable - it would have been nice to maybe have a random subset of each myth played out each time instead of doing the same abridged full myth everytime.

Anyway, I emphasise that I think this is a very good game, and that I understand their reasons for doing what they did (after doing some basic research about the setting - I knew nothing about RuneQuest), but I also see why it's confined to a very small niche and why it's mostly found success as a casual mobile game.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Just bought Mass Effect 3. Going to play it first without the Extended Cut... I want to see that infamous ending for myself.

It's been a long time since ME2, hopefully I don't need to completely relearn stuff... and I hope I remember what I did in the past (I often ran into ME1 NPC's in ME2 without a clue what they were talking about)...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Got Sleeping Dogs so far it's pretty fun - I'm not very good at the fist fighting though, got my butt handed to me in the 'Stick Up and Delivery' quest fighting them. Endless countering seemed to sneak my past it. Still the environment is fun to move around in and the combat is fun when I get it working.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The barbarian is Guts knock-off. There's even a carbon copy of his sword in the game.

Speaking of Guts, the Berserk game on Dreamcast was kickass. Big swords are awesome as long as manly men are wielding them and not the usual androgynous crybabies prevalent in manga and anime.

And somebody should make a Karsa Orlong video game.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

And somebody should make a Karsa Orlong video game.

I found that character particularly boring. The series itself I had trouble pushing through in general, but especially the parts involving Karsa.

Figured out how to shoot 10 of the guards in Hitman Sniper Challenge in such a way that their bodies are hidden...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I was playing Darksiders 2. But there's a freeze related to the Mysterious Book in the Soul Arbiter's Maze for PS3. A few posts about it on their official forums. It doesn't prevent main quest progress, but it is preventing a significant optional dungeon I want to run.

Found a workaround. YAY

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I haven't played much this week. Completed episod 2 & 3 in the Sam & Max: The Devil's Toybox series.

I'm working my way through King's Bounty: Armored Princess. I have access to most islands, but I'm having trouble progressing in only one. I have to go back and forth to get stronger for some battles.

I'm also playing Sleeping Dogs. But the last time I started it to play, I ended up doing a mission or two, then I sat Wei in a car and left the computer to do other stuff. The soundtrack is really good, so I listened to it while cleaning and doing other boring things.

Figured out how to shoot 10 of the guards in Hitman Sniper Challenge in such a way that their bodies are hidden...

I think you might have me beat by a two, but I haven't done it in a few weeks.

Gonna take a day off from gaming today, haven't been getting enough sleep of late. Knight's been gearing up fairly nicely all things considered, but HM battle of ilum was a cluster**** (with a PUG). Need the token from that one for the Redeemer which I absolutely want, so have to prepare to grind out a few times. >_<

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I started playing Rage again. It is not a bad game. Now on my second playthrough I see it a lot different. Guess I just had totally different expectations about the game when it came out. And it looks damn good, even though textures are blurry in close distance.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I think you might have me beat by a two, but I haven't done it in a few weeks.

Gonna take a day off from gaming today, haven't been getting enough sleep of late. Knight's been gearing up fairly nicely all things considered, but HM battle of ilum was a cluster**** (with a PUG). Need the token from that one for the Redeemer which I absolutely want, so have to prepare to grind out a few times. >_<

I can now get headshots on all 14 guards and the target.. and get 13 guards and the target to drop in a way that hides the bodies..

Heh, I still haven't gotten around to doing the later flashpoints of Red Ravager, or the False Emperor. Let along the operations or trying out Hardmode Flashpoints yet.. I really should make that attempt.

But now that my Bounty Hunter has finished his storyline, I'm going to push my Jedi Knight through Belsavis.. then onto Voss and Corellia.. My Sith Warrior was wrapping up the bonus series on Taris (i needed some extra cash there..) and then I can make an effort to finish off chapter 2 for him.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Pharaoh + Cleopatra.

You know, for all the moaning about the death of the RPG (which I have participated in, I admit), its the strategy games that have really died. I can't remember the last time I played a good strategy game, or at least one that wasn't a sequel to something or other.

Odd that the most popular of them, the RTS fared the worst. We still get the occasional managment or turn based game but apart from Blizzard's cash cow and Relic its a dead genre.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I finished Darksiders 2. The ending was really anticlimactic.

Death is fighting Absalom, they're brothers, but they're dead silent to each other. There's no sense of the relationship in the fight or anything. Or even afterwards. Then it ends with a comic style show of the end of Darksiders 1. Don't even get to see the "call" from Death's perspective. We're just assured he'll be there.

Now I'm off to struggle at enjoying Neverwinter Nights OC. I bought it off GOG, so I feel obligated to play it. Considering my recent KOTOR jaunt, I want to see if I'm more open to it than last time.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Now I'm off to struggle at enjoying Neverwinter Nights OC.

You'll be back here before you know it.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.