RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

AMD to bundle Sleeping Dogs with HD78xx series cards, and I assume there's a good chance of it applying to the 79xx cards too. Presumably a response to nVidia just announcing they're bundling Borderlands 2 with their current generation cards. While personally I'd prefer lower prices instead of bundling games I have no interest in, at least both GPU vendors are now moving towards more current games with broader appeal (as opposed to say, the previous headline bundled title, DiRT). Hopefully not just a once-off.

This leads to an interesting hardware recommendation for those with a video card budget of ~$250-300USD. Which card to buy depends on which bundled title you prefer. :p

As for DA3. I'm too lazy to even make the Inquisition joke no one expected.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

See this is why I'm glad I've lost interest in DA, a set character that's part of the chantry. Probably only one class too.

Except "the Inquisitor" is about as nameless and faceless as "the Warden" so it seems they're moving back to the more undefined protagonist from DA:O. It also says you've got three classes to choose from.

Personally I think the defined character of Hawke was the least of DAII's problems though, so I don't know if this will matter to me, as much as the need for improved encounter design and camera control. Interest is still lukewarm at best.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see whether you actually start out as a member of the clergy/chantry thing from the beginning or whether you get railroaded into it like DAO railroaded you into the wardens. That one thing was the single most offensive thing in the game for me, so any improvement there would be a small glimmer of hope. Having you be, say, raised from childhood as a member of a fanatical church then having the option to go on a righteous quest to purge the infidels or to go rogue would be far more interesting than being a warrior/thief/mage that's for whatever reason forced to fight for the church because the plot demands it.

Unfortunately that thing that looks like a press blurb sounds like the latter scenario is the likely one. Ah well.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

See this is why I'm glad I've lost interest in DA, a set character that's part of the chantry. Probably only one class too.

Except "the Inquisitor" is about as nameless and faceless as "the Warden" so it seems they're moving back to the more undefined protagonist from DA:O. It also says you've got three classes to choose from.

Personally I think the defined character of Hawke was the least of DAII's problems though, so I don't know if this will matter to me, as much as the need for improved encounter design and camera control. Interest is still lukewarm at best.

Isn't "the Inquisitor" Cassandra from DA2?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

She's also the main character in that DA anime movie that got produced. To be fair, that wasn't too bad.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

She was a "seeker", not on inquisitor. So not necessarily.

Again, I'm sure nobody's literary sensibilities will be offended by reading just the ad copy for the novel, which is (all that/what) I suggested earlier. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Forgot this earlier. I love it how it looks more and more like the bastard child of deus ex and bio shock, art directed by someone from Ward 6 (aka Antenna Ward, the mental section of the now defunct central army hospital in Helsinki) :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I love how you guys ignore me.

We love it, too.

Seems to be short on real details, and I don't actually know a thing about Warhammer, but I guess it's going to be a party RPG? More of those is always good.

I'm not ignoring you. I just have no capacity to care about iOs games.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Generals 2 has no singleplayer campaign at launch

In case anyone actually still cared. But on the bright side maybe this will finally be the end of C&C. Nah

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

well, if you provided some insider info or something, would make things more interesting :D a dungeon crawler is always good, especially if it's turn-based. but since I don't own an iPhone or an iPad...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Maybe an Android port? Don't see any hard technical reasons for it, just that iPhone/Pad is cheaper and easier to start off with.

No hard technical reason other than the difference between windows and Linux.

It's definitely interesting, but I always have some skepticism towards games being made from gw franchises. The track record isn't excellent (apart from dawn of war then). But I'm hoping it'll be good.

Cyanide's Blood Bowl has been very faithful and a lot of fun. You have to mess around with router ports to play online but if you liked the tabletop game then it's a blast. Dungeon Bowl less so apparently, I've not played it but apparently the tight spaces and rules don't work nearly as well as traditional BB.

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 1

Judging by what he says, it won't happen. He's far more interested in an Obsidian kickstarter than just a planescape kickstarter.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Judging by what he says, it won't happen. He's far more interested in an Obsidian kickstarter than just a planescape kickstarter.

I agree that a Planescape sequel will not be what they are working on. Fine by me. The game is great, but I'd prefer something new. Other than Torment, I don't know much about the universe.

Cyanide's Blood Bowl has been very faithful and a lot of fun. You have to mess around with router ports to play online but if you liked the tabletop game then it's a blast. Dungeon Bowl less so apparently, I've not played it but apparently the tight spaces and rules don't work nearly as well as traditional BB.

The actual games were ok, but the campaign features (as in multiplayer) were completely awful. Which to me is the most important part. So for me it was a bit meh. Perhaps it got better with the legendary edition, I wasn't willing to pay to find out.