Diablo 3 Sign-Up

I don't really believe in that. For each class you just *had* to spend your points in a similar way, even if you don't min-max. Did anyone seriously made a wizard with lots of strength? Sure, you will have some minor stat difference from player to player, but overal everyone is doing it similar at some point.

Removing the attribute-system from D2 made D3 better, imo. I am not missing it at all and I totally don't mind that someone can copy my character skill setup without having to re-grind a character up to maximum level first (which was damn boring too, in my opinion).

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

the bigger problem for me is not the attribute set up, its the fact that there are no builds anymore.

i used to love making characters to try out new builds, poison javazon, lightning javazon, spearazon, bowazon were all COMPLETELY different characters in d2. in d3, you just swap the skills around and the character plays different but its still the same character, there is no sense of ownership of your character. you are just "barbarian number 3476", and thats all you will ever be. its impossible to identify with your character because you didnt make any choices in creating it

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I don't really believe in that. For each class you just *had* to spend your points in a similar way, even if you don't min-max. Did anyone seriously made a wizard with lots of strength? Sure, you will have some minor stat difference from player to player, but overal everyone is doing it similar at some point.

Removing the attribute-system from D2 made D3 better, imo. I am not missing it at all and I totally don't mind that someone can copy my character skill setup without having to re-grind a character up to maximum level first (which was damn boring too, in my opinion).

First, yes, I did make a Sorceress with a LOT of strength (I don't think they let the Wizard in D3 allocate stats). It enabled her to wear some interesting armor and weapons...and Blizz even had the models and animations in there for the sorceress to have those items on her. I concentrated on other items to help her survive longer if she went melee, and other tweaks.

Secondly, I'm not saying D3 is a bad game at all. I actually think it's quite well made as opposed to some others. However, I think there were some mistakes made by Blizzard in regards to who their audience was. They only catered to one group instead of trying to make a game that catered to a larger group, and hence WHY I FEEL they had so many complaints from a lot of people around a variety of topics when it was released and for the first few weeks (and you still hear them coming up). Part of the problem was that they put Jay Wilson in charge, who has been marvelous over his involvement with the online continuation of D2, and who I attribute to some of the good ideas with the online interactivity of D3. I also feel Jay Wilson really didn't know or care much about those who were NOT on the official battle.net though, and hence he as influenced more by the closed battlenet then open battlenet, single player, or the hardcores.

Once again, as if it had to be said...IN MY OPINION of course.

Edited by greylord

Of course nobody put 500 strength on a wizard (at least, not very often), but there was a significant difference between a zero-mana wizard and someone who pumped it a bit to use Energy Shield, etc. What, you need to see a high strength wizard as proof that stats matter? Even if you go to highly competitive battle.net players, there were always competing theories. You might as well say the first minute of RTS games should be automated because it all comes down to 3 or 4 select builds, except for extremely creative / extremely screwy types.

That is not to say it didn't devolve down to "pump Dex Only" or something a lot of the time, so D3 was a good opportunity to improve on that. Why killing stat allocation is better, I don't know.

Does anyone know if, when you uninstall the game, your characters are kept "alive" on their servers for a while/forever, ala WoW, or if they're deleted upon uninstall? After thinking starting "from scratch" in HC mode+fear of dying might be entertaining/a non-boring change of pace at this point, and discovering it wasn't, I'm ready to stop playing.

But I don't want to lose the chrs. yet...not until I see the 1st expansion. So... ? :)

Edit: looks like you can uninstall without losing them (not surprising) but still leaves me wondering if their storage time is infinite...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Whats the point of unistalling, hard up for 8GB of space? Or slamming the door on the way out?

Oh no, nothing like that. There are just those certain games where self-discipline (or lack of) becomes an issue. You have no idea how long it took me to break the WoW treadmill, even long after I was sick of the game. :lol:

So Blizz said that they overestimated how long gear-hunting would keep people interested as far as endgame content is concerned and will try to add something more sustainable. Intigued!

I think it's more they overestimated how long crap drop rates, uninteresting items, and gold farming would keep people interested. :p

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Fingers crossed for skill trees lol

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Whats the point of unistalling, hard up for 8GB of space? Or slamming the door on the way out?

Oh no, nothing like that. There are just those certain games where self-discipline (or lack of) becomes an issue. You have no idea how long it took me to break the WoW treadmill, even long after I was sick of the game. :lol:

Yeah, you and me both. I have a stupid amount of time invested in my monk (over 100 hours last time I looked), have a mage at ~lvl 58 and just started a DH which is already in the mid thirtys. I need help. :(

In other news, I have decided that the Monk is at least ten times more fun that the Barb. And is it just me, or do Monks seem to get far more health globes spawning during battles? They're all over the place.

Killed an annoying cave-bat-thing in the start of Act II and got a pair of legendary trousers, too.

sonsofgygax.JPG

In other news, I have decided that the Monk is at least ten times more fun that the Barb.

Monk's rock. ;)

And is it just me, or do Monks seem to get far more health globes spawning during battles? They're all over the place.

I know someone else who thinks that, altho they were comparing it to their wizard/witch doctor. I haven't really noticed a huge difference between classes myself. I think it's primarily about how long it takes you to kill large groups at once, because the globes have a chance to drop at certain points. Something like, (monster) half health, then 1/4 health...don't remember the math. The rate/probabilities are different for Normal, Blue, Rare, etc. So easier they are to kill, the less likely they'll drop globes. And if one is avoiding a lot of Elites, you'll see them less often perhaps. Sometimes I get a lot, sometimes I don't see many at all.

Something like this (don't know if all the hotfixes/patch might have altered this by now a bit tho)

Health Globe Drops are setup differently for blue, yellow, and normal monsters. Blue monsters will drop them at 50% and 0% life. Yellow monsters will drop them at 75%, 50%, 25%, and 0% life. Normal monsters will only drop upon death and only if a successful roll occurs. There is a set percentage for each monster type. The easier they are to kill, the less likely they are to drop something.
Edited by LadyCrimson

I've confirmed I lag too much on US servers here in Korea, so won't be playing till September unless the situation changes. Can't say I'm too fussed about it, though.

Can't say I'm too fussed about it, though.

Pretty much.

My personal problem is I have no other game I'm at all interested in at the moment. Waiting for Torchlight2. So uninstalling D3 hasn't happened yet. I've loaded my Monk with MF gear and just keep running Act1/Inferno over and over. The items may be the suck 98% of the time but it's still something to do when bored.

Yeah, you and me both. I have a stupid amount of time invested in my monk (over 100 hours last time I looked), have a mage at ~lvl 58 and just started a DH which is already in the mid thirtys. I need help. :(

Blizzard's Anonymous R Us.

It's even worse when you don't have to worry about a 9-5 type job. :biggrin:

Btw, I'm told an actual expansion may be more like 2-3 years off. They'll probably spend the first year patching in PvP and all that other stuff people thought would already be done by now. Harhar.

Btw, I'm told an actual expansion may be more like 2-3 years off. They'll probably spend the first year patching in PvP and all that other stuff people thought would already be done by now. Harhar.

Starcraft 2 released in july 2010, and the 1st expansion still isn't out. :(

@Morgoth - lol! .... that gif is hilarious anyway, but in Monk context even more so. :lol:

So I reached a point where Act2/Inferno was almost cake and pie. Have 19-22Kdps, 55-60K life, 700+resists, 900LoH, attack speed, etc. A few Elites would give me trouble as always, but generally speaking, no major problems. Decided I'd finally try Belial. Everything to him (including his 1st persona) was easy peasy. Then the main battle, I couldn't kill him faster than that new 2.5 minute enrage timer they patched in. At some point around that time he does his "explosions" attack repeatedly ... that is, he'll stop doing it, then almost immediately do it again - plus they seemed worse than normal and harder to avoid. So I died at that mark. Over and over. 10-12 times. I'd get him to just a sliver of health but couldn't do it faster to beat that "timer". So frustrating! Tried many different gear setups. Then I bought a new weapon for another 2K dps. Tried again. No dice either. Thought to myself, should have done it before the patch. :p

But then I remembered the Monk's minion. Maybe her added dmg. to mine? I put Mystic Ally on the R-mouse button (so I didn't have to give up other needed skill slots) and tried a final time. And finally....I could give Belial a big FU. It was a near thing.

Diablo3-000154b.jpg

I know someone who did it pre-patch with only 11K-dps. I wonder if that's even possible now....I don't think you'd be able to kill him fast enough with that anymore.

Edited by LadyCrimson

I killed Belial with a Monk with about 14k DPS, *barely*... he went into enrage just as he died, and I died as well. Luckily he doesn't have Revive.

Managed to beat Diablo on Inferno recently too, with a party. I had most trouble with Ghom and Iskatu as a Monk.

Speaking of Ghom, he's up next for LadyCrimson. Have fun. :p

Edited by MrBrown

I killed Belial with a Monk with about 14k DPS, *barely*... he went into enrage just as he died, and I died as well. Luckily he doesn't have Revive.

Since the 1.0.3 patch? Or do you mean just the regular enrage that happens after around 5 minutes? If I'd had 5 minutes I could've killed him super easily. I swear it was silver of health left every time. :( I tried Fists of Thunder too, didn't help. I dunno, if you did it with only 14k, hats off. Lots of crit chance and damage? I only had 17% chance and 137crit damage. And I guess it's 3 minutes, not 2.5, that he does the new "explosions enrage" thing.

Speaking of Ghom, he's up next for LadyCrimson. Have fun. :p

Is that the big fat slug larder guy? He's always been cake and pie for my Monk compared to the main Act bosses, despite his poison clouds, but they did change him in the patch. But at least they give you 4 minutes.... I don't know if I'm going to go there any time soon. The way MF works now I'm not sure it's worth the pita to get to Diablo/Inferno. :p

Since the 1.0.3 patch? Or do you mean just the regular enrage that happens after around 5 minutes? If I'd had 5 minutes I could've killed him super easily. I swear it was silver of health left every time. :( I tried Fists of Thunder too, didn't help. I dunno, if you did it with only 14k, hats off. Lots of crit chance and damage? I only had 17% chance and 137crit damage. And I guess it's 3 minutes, not 2.5, that he does the new "explosions enrage" thing.

Yeah, in 103, and by enrage I meant the phase when he starts using the meteor over and over again. I used Way of the Hundred Fists and the Mantra that gives you more damage, and protected myself with Serenity and Seven-sided strike.