Diablo 3 Sign-Up

I'm going through Normal with all characters first, so I haven't even started nightmare yet and I just found my sixth legendary... I'd say I was extremely lucky, but all the ones I have are still useless. This new one is a two handed axe for level 16 characters!

I'm now Level 58 on Act II Hell as a Barbarian. The only other 'proper' character is a level 15 DH on normal.

I haven't got time to play the others, I like the monk but seeing as I never play Magic-Users think I might give the wizard-dude a try out for once.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

my recommendation for wizard build:

spectral blades, arcane orb, familiar, magic weapon, lightning shield, and one defensive/crowd control skill

its like a barbarian, but better

edit: this build probably wont work in inferno, im not even past act 1 hell yet though

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

LC your items seem either on the same level as my DH's, or a tier above (esp. the amulet) - so if what you say is true there's only a little farther my character can go, unless Nephalem Valor runs start really producing.

I'm sure luck and patience can get you some better armor items than what we have, but I haven't seen a Monk weapon in ages. Still....maybe it's just me. I also think the player base has dropped off a lot since the first couple weeks, which doesn't help.

Anyway....after an embarrassingly large number of hours played all I've seen is one Set belt, 2 low lvl Uniques 1 mid-lvl Unique, and the Andariel Unique. But since most Uniques aren't very great anyway, I focus more on Rares. And despite numerous evenings of farming Act1/Inferno I have yet to have any "good" weapon (for any class) drop that has more than about 500dps. I have had some 650dps 2H hammers drop, but they were only good for the Enchantress (high INT). :getlost:

@MrBrown - yeah, one doesn't absolutely have to use the AH. The issue, as far as I'm concerned, isn't that the AH exists, or that one needs to farm a lot to get the truly great stat gear- it's that because of the AH, Blizzard purposely created an item system that makes it far more difficult than D1/D2 to progress without a certain level of stats and items that largely come from...the area above you. Plus, the items are farking boring, which = less motivation to keep you farming for all those hours/days that might be required, hence many end up going to the AH, even if only for a few things.

What happened to the low-mid level Uniques/attributes that were still used/coveted by high level players? MageFists? RavenFrost? Lidless Wall? Plus to all skills? Faster Cast Rate (separate from/not just IAS)? Faster Hit Recovery? Can't Be Frozen? Prevent Monster Heal? ...now it's just "main stat/VIT + resists + armor/dr or toss it." When everything seems/feels just about the dps/resists, the motivation isn't exactly huge to farm for days to get an item that has....more dps. I mean, yay, a Rare with +35 more dex and vit than what I have on. Useful? Marginally. Interesting/motivating? Not a bit.

Sigh....but, that's me and my ranting. I'm going back to Nation Red for a while. Mindless bursts of violence. Kewl.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

they should add legendary item affixes that prevent being walled or jailed or frozen or scared

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

they should add legendary item affixes that prevent being walled or jailed or frozen or scared

That would be more interesting and open up more tactics to gearing up, for sure. I was thinking about that the other day, how you can have all the Resists in the world and still be constantly Feared. Or I've had monsters cast Wall right on top of me, so I'm literally stuck in the wall and can't move until it collapses. Really sucks when you're melee. :)

A rare 1100 DPS weapon dropped for me two days ago and I nearly shat myself when I saw a whopping +5700 to damage in the comparison screen. Then it all came crashing down when I saw it was a 2-H polearm. :(

Currently trying to sell it for 1.8m. :)

Nice find for a 2H Barb, especially if it had some str or vit attached to it.

I've actually tried a no-dex, blue/magic 900dps Fist Weapon, but without all the extra dex like my current Fists have, the dps improvement is almost zero. Not to mention no life on hit=a lot less survivability. One day I might have enough dex or life on hit on other gear for that to work, but not at the moment.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You could give it to me and then I will love you forever. That must be worth more than 1.8m imaginary gold pieces, right? :blink:

Its yours. Log on and join me, Ill give it to you. Unless it sold...

Nice find for a 2H Barb, especially if it had some str or vit attached to it.

I've actually tried a no-dex, blue/magic 900dps Fist Weapon, but without all the extra dex like my current Fists have, the dps improvement is almost zero. Not to mention no life on hit=a lot less survivability. One day I might have enough dex or life on hit on other gear for that to work, but not at the moment.

Yeah, I took it for a spin but it was just costimg me too much to not have a shield in my off-hand. 1k Armor, 126 Dex, 61 Vitality.....just too much to give up.

a legendary that makes you immune to freeze and walling is way more interesting than one that gives you 36 more hit points

i dont know if its a bug or a feature but if i get jailed when im playing my monk and i use the 7 sided strike skill, i get to make all my attacks before being put back in jail

As a barbarian Jailer is doubly tough because it _seems_ to frustrate your ability to make Earthquake attacks. That attack has a jump animation and for some reason when you are trapped (and sometimes walled) it won't work.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Finally found a decent legendary, Ageless Might, a barbarian (!) belt with 216 str, 43 int, 80 vit, 12 all res, couple others. But 19k repair costs for full break means inferno act 1 is really a gold drainer.

Monte, if you want it I'm happy to lend it to you, just give it back when my barb gets to that level (which won't be for a week at least I think). But Paris-Seoul plane in 12 hours so then incognito for 2 days.

I've had a glitchy Cain ever since the recent patch, which led to this amusing (to me) moment. Note, it's a Cain plot spoiler, if you're unaware of it already.

Edit: btw, what's the best melee skill for the barb, in your opinion? Not whirlwind, please.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Ok, that's what I've been using, along with Cleave once in a while. I know that given the right gear/skill setup, WW can be good even in Inferno, but I disliked WW in D2 and still dislike it in D3. It doesn't feel.....I dunno, like something a big, muscled, sword-swinging melee dude should be doing. He's not a magical ninja chr. or agile, ballet-like fencer. Maybe I'm weird.

Anyway...he's lvl 52 in Act1 Hell. Getting my alts to lvl 60 feels like it's taking forever, I guess because I don't find playing them all that interesting.

My DH is lvl53 and kinda stuck on Hell Butcher. She's way too crunchy even with 20K+ health...I don't get the Shadow/disappear skill, either. I use it, it lasts 1.5 seconds, and doesn't seem to prevent her from visible to enemies/being attacked at all, hence seems pointless. Am I missing something? (edit: diamond skin on the wiz seems much more effective...)

Edited by LadyCrimson

Never mind...I misunderstood what that skill does. Ah well, I just suck at the DH anyway, for some reason. Barb and Wiz are much better.

60DH finally cleared Inferno butcher with help from a friend, despite the fact that as soon as combat started, the butcher charged and killed me in one hit. Attaboy.

Now servers down. :rage:

i've decided that the only class i really don't enjoy using is the Demon Hunter. I got her to level 52 and now im pretty sure i've seen everything the class has to offer and I know it just isn't for me.

right now my favorites are

1. Wizard (currently level 51)

2. Barbarian (currently level 31)

3. Witch Doctor (currently level 50)

4. Monk (currently level 33)

5. Demon Hunter (currently level 52)

Looks like they put another patch on the patch. Some bug/exploit fixes and the "regular wear and tear" loss change ( to make repairs for that a bit cheaper).

@entrerix - yeah, I feel that way about the DH too. Mine's lvl53 and likely to stay that way now. Still wish to get her to 60 but ... probably won't. Don't find her interesting at all, plus I suck at playing one. The all-dps and run/shoot style in D3 (or D2, or D1...) don't mesh for me very well. She's too fragile and I'm terrible at trying to not take damage while also putting out damage. Can't get the hang of kiting with her, unlike with all the others.

My class order would go:

1 - Monk (60 and mid-30's, yes I made two)

2- Wizard (49, almost in Hell)

3 - Barb (54, mid Act2-Hell)

4 - Witch Doctor (25 :p )

5 - Demon Hunter (53 Act1/Hell)

Edited by LadyCrimson