Diablo 3 Sign-Up

Checked....they're now lvl59. Which is better than lvl13, but they still lost a level. Took a while to get them to 60, too. Oh well, better than before.

Side note: never go to CostCo when hungry.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

i just spent a little time checking out the official diablo 3 forums. i'm pretty sure that blizzard has the worst fan base of any game company, ever. it was even worse than the people who go to bioware forums to write fan fiction

an angry sea of red eyed fat little children screaming at their computer screens. :(

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

im not in inferno yet, but it seems to me that a 1% loss of gold on death should have been added to discourage frequent deaths instead of just skyrocketing repair costs.

because repairs need to be done even when you are not dying, so that seems a bit unfair to the players being careful not to die

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

@entreix - the bnet forums are good for a laugh, and the occasional bug/glitch info. That's about it. :lol:

Repairs....yeah...if you don't die, the repair fees are still reasonable. More than they were, but I haven't found them to be that much. But die 3-5 times trying to kill some Elite mob with horrid attribute rolls and you're suddenly looking at 20K repair bills. But....thing is, once you're lvl60 and can farm Act4/Hell and/or Act1/Inferno in relative safety, the money just rolls in. I was down to 250K gold yesterday morning (bought something on the AH :p ), spent a few hours testing the patch, and I'm back at 600K gold. However, it does still suck because that hour or three you spent Valor-farming an area for gold and items to vendor/sell could have been spent doing something else.

Re: difficulty changes - yup, it's quite nerfed now. Keep in mind I spent almost a week farming and "shopping" for gear for my Monk, to try to make Act2/Inferno manageable, and largely failed. So my gear, while not even close to the best of the best, is not exactly shabby either. eg, I'm sure people first entering each Act will find it very hard still. But with my setup, the patch made Act2 more than twice as easy as before. Oasis/Desert Sands/Kulle's Archives were basically impossible for me, Elite-wise. Dead in 4-8 seconds. Now those same areas, I can faceroll half the Elites I encountered, kite most of the others, and one or two per "area" would kill me 3-5 times before I got them all. Before, I couldn't even whittle them down at all, so it was useless. I'd just run. :lol:

So anyway....yea...it's a lot easier now, relatively speaking. For my Monk at least. I'm sure by late Act3 or Act4 it'd be horrible again, with the never ending hunt for more uber gear. But compared to what it was...drastic change. For Act1, it means I can now wear a whole lot of MF gear and still faceroll everything there. Crazy. :lol:

P.S. but even with the increased/better item droppage, think I'll delay going further into Inferno. Still burnt out on the game from pre-patch Act2 frustration. heh

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Inferno is still too insane for my demon hunter, so I'm building up my level 18 barbarian. Mowing down Act 2 with some cheap AH gear, because I want him to get to Nightmare ASAP.

My Barb is now level 57 and I'm still Act 2 Hell. I've spent a lot of gold on gear and am now getting the hand of it... max runed Earthquake, Stun and Vengeance seem to be my core abilties at the moment.

At medium levels, with core equipment, the Barb sucks. You need, in my albeit limited experience, to really carefully equip and choose skills to go toe-to-toe with elite mobs. I still end up kiting some, dropping eathquakes, stunning and chipping away with max rend / vengeance attacks.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Not to put a damper on his accomplishment, but he had an entire group out there farming gear for him to get to this level.

Hehehe yeah....i've seen groups like that. The person actually playing, and then this whole squad of other people farming.

At medium levels, with core equipment, the Barb sucks. You need, in my albeit limited experience, to really carefully equip and choose skills to go toe-to-toe with elite mobs. I still end up kiting some, dropping eathquakes, stunning and chipping away with max rend / vengeance attacks.

There is no such thing as true tanking in Diablo3. If you can do it, you're either overleveled or over-geared for an area, and from what I've seen/heard (and judging from my previous and still current Act2 experiences), you can't be over-geared for Act3/Act4 inferno Elites. The patch has made it easier, but ... yeah, no. I know another Barb who had hoped that the patch would mean he could tank Act2 Inferno because of his very frequent 150K crits build, but nope, he just died and died still. :p

Edited by LadyCrimson

^ And this is why the barb is the weakest D3 class and most challenging. A tank should be able to tank, even if it requires an optimal skill / equipment build. I hope they address it, in MP I feel completely outclassed by (especially) Monks and Demon Hunters.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Level 30 barb now in nightmare, I look forward (?) to finding out in person about that. But then, I'm the worst person in the world at tanking, since my demon hunter vaults into enemies all the time.

The Barb (and the Monk) are both engines of death (assuming good gear, likely AH'd, and effective skill setup) until Inferno. And again, once you have good gear, can be pretty good death engines in Act1 Inferno. Try running WhimsyShire Inferno with one tho....keep in mind it's not that you can't kill everything, it's that you can't stand still and do it, unless you like death-zerging. The concept of old-school "tanking" just isn't there. Now, it's possible if you can somehow get over 100K health + 1200 life on hit + 1200 life regen + 800+Resists and other uber gear/stats, that you can do it with mobs and some less difficult Elites. Everything/everywhere? Most likely not. And not many average players are going to be able to get gear like that to begin with.

My Monk can stand in Arcane sentries in Act1 Inferno to a degree. Depends how many there are tho. 2-3 ok, a huge cluster of them, not as much. In Act2, can take it for 3-5 seconds. But after that, especially if they have more than just the Arcane (like Arcane+Desecration or Molten etc), I have to run. :) Plague, oddly, is less damaging than most of the other DoT stuff. I can often stand in that for a very long time.

Also, humor:

http://us.battle.net...89888966?page=1

Edited by LadyCrimson

On another topic: I guess I was wrong about the RMAH vs. the goldAH. I think decent lvl60 items have all but disappeared from the gAH in the past days. I thought there would be enough players who didn't care about RMAH to keep the goldAH viable, but either the lvl60 gear you want is millions or billions (I mean really, has anyone made 4billion in gold in this game in a month?) or it's just not there.

This is the gear I currently use most of the time on my Monk - tho I have all star gems now, no squares. The amulet and the better ring, in particular, haven't seen anything like it on the gAH since. And can't find any weapons better than mine, even for a million gold. Now that I don't have the "digital copies must wait 3 days" bug, I can see the RMAH listings, and that's where they all are. Btw, only 3 items I'm wearing I found myself. By Inferno, it was all about the AH. I guess with the patch, that could change somewhat, but it's still aggravating to have a clvl50 Rare drop in Act2 Inferno. clvl50? Really? :lol: Crafting costs for some Inferno blacksmith items have gone down (but only for 4-5 attribute ones), but the mat. costs haven't, and those Inferno mats aren't exactly super-fast to accrue.

Apologies for my long winded ranty posts. I don't think I've ever had a game where I've had this degree of a conflicting love and hate relationship and it drives me crazy...even when I'm not playing much anymore. :biggrin:

(edit: the attack speed items are lesser, now, of course. Andariel's helm dropped to 5% instead of 12, I think, etc)

Edited by LadyCrimson

The game is fun to play, and finding better gear is great. My problem is the auction house. It diminishes the enjoyment of collecting great items when you know you can visit the auction house to get stuff. I've bought stuff on the AH, but I'd rather have them picked them up from monsters. Problem is that I get crappy stuff most of the time. I think I've spent 100h on the Euro+Americas servers and gotten only one epic drop. The actual fighting is good, I just need to feel that I am getting the proper reward.

My level 58 hc wizard died yesterday. It happened in narrow caves fighting against unburied elite(teleporting, extra health, forgot the third one) with minions. Right from the start the elite teleports behind me blocking my only escape route and that was pretty much that. I was dead in seconds.

I must say the loot is my biggest gripe with this game. I think I was in level 40something when I traded away the last item I had found and equipped. Since then all my gear was bought from ah and that's just wrong. This is diablo and it should be about hack'n'slash and loot, but instead it is about hack'n'slash and grinding enough gold so you could buy something good from ah.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

So, a friend found the blacksmith plans for a set (http://eu.battle.net...allowed-barrier). Turns out you get plans for the whole set with that one plan book, so now he's crafting said set items for everyone in our group of friends.

EDIT: And about the AH. I don't understand people's problem with it. If you don't like it, stop using it. I've made it to Act3 Inferno without buying anything from it (on softcore); it's by no means necessary. Yes, you'll have to spend more time grinding for items without it, but did you really expect the game not to be about that?

Edited by MrBrown

Yeah, I'd love to get my hands on one of those. I finally found my first legendary item after nearly 100 hours - a deplorably crap belt that gives something like +15 strength, etc. The Witching Hour. Still using it on the barb, out of 'affection'.

LC your items seem either on the same level as my DH's, or a tier above (esp. the amulet) - so if what you say is true there's only a little farther my character can go, unless Nephalem Valor runs start really producing.

Probably. I am close to the end of act2 on hell and I never saw a legendary nor a set item outside the AH.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

No set pieces yet but I did find a legendary that actually had Int as is primary stat so I was able to use it for a little while on my Wizard. Ive been able to incrementally improve my gear from monster drops so I havent had to rely too heavily on the AH. I too prefer to "earn" my gear but Im not above buying something if its a huge upgrade.

i have 3 characters in nightmare difficulty and 2 in hell. ive not yet seen a legendary or a set item drop