Diablo 3 Sign-Up

Unlocked Inferno, might be a little less painful now that I got a 900 dps 2h for a pretty cheap price off the AH (10k).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

RMAH is open, who's making money, hand over fist ?

The Chinese?

There's a $1 transaction fee (15% on commodities), then an additional 15% or thereabouts that is taken away to convert your earnings into real money via PayPal. Othewise, you get paid fake money that you can only use in D3 - even if the buyer used real money to pay. So if you got $10 for something, which would take a rather substantial item, you'd get about $7.50 back.

The idea of AH is deplorable to me, so I don't care.

It looks far better on my Barbarian. Thankfully mine has a Strength bonus over the Dex one.

Since I'm a Monk, I prefer the Dex. ;) I looked on the gold AH and jeez, what I could sell the thing for. People are crazy. I guess ones with Dex are often extra-pricey because a lot of DH's want one so you'll see them on the AH less often. It doesn't seem that special to me, but I guess the attack speed....

And yeah...they should at least let you "vanish" the uniques if you don't like it, even if they won't let you change the color. From unique to chr's head. How hard can allowing at least that be? :getlost:

So if you got $10 for something, which would take a rather substantial item, you'd get about $7.50 back.

There are people who may be willing to spend $15-100 so they don't have to farm for items/gold themselves, but supply will be much bigger than demand overall, initially, from all the yahoos who think they can turn D3 into their paying job. And yes, the RMAH is silly. Even as a method to discourage/jump the gun/control pricing on people who would do it outside the game anyway.

I'd still be curious about to look at it, mostly out of morbid curiosity, but I still dislike PayPal and so I won't be. That and I don't feel like spending 10 hours a day farming gold and items for other people. For me a game is supposed to be fun, not work.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

i never need to bother with the RMAH, the gold house is good enough for my purposes, but sometimes i see the items people are selling and can't help but wonder who is actually paying these high prices...

then i realize it was probably a child who posted the item, and no one is buying it but the child doesn't really get how currency works yet, and so will continue to post bizarrely priced items

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Managed to get to the "get the blood" in Act2 checkpoint after Oasis, had to avoid a few Elites. Thought I'd try farming very early Act2 to see how that went now that I have 800 life on hit and 18K-19K dps.

*start game*

//haha normal mobs are easy ... ohno-a-jailer-arcane-mortar-avenger mob//

++die++

*startgame*

//haha normal mobs are easy ... ohno-a-waller-arcane-desecrator-fast mob//

++die++

...repeat 10 times...not in the mood to farm for yet more gold/crap items and refresh the AH over and over for hours again.

*turn off game, go outside*

...those jailers and waller mobs are stupidly unfair. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Has anybody completed inferno yet?

In other news, I am marvelling at the economic literacy of the Auction House. it was clearly designed by the Greeks. How can fifty similar Legendary items vary so madly in price? Why do people put items up for about ten million gold?

sonsofgygax.JPG

Has anybody completed inferno yet?

In other news, I am marvelling at the economic literacy of the Auction House. it was clearly designed by the Greeks. How can fifty similar Legendary items vary so madly in price? Why do people put items up for about ten million gold?

If the market's unbalanced, there's lots of money to be made! Myself, I've made a lot of money by selling dyes on the AH :p (the HC AH that is - I'm not touching softcore Diablo 3)

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Haven't touched it for a few days since getting into Inferno, I should give Nephalem Valor more of a chance to see whether the drops are fun, but Inferno seems the frustrating kind of difficulty at the moment, and none of my 15 friends seem to be on much. No idea if that's a coincidence thing or if they are growing off it.

2 of my characters are now in Hell

2 are still early in Nightmare

1 is still in normal (monk)

this week im going to get that monk to Nightmare I think. this game is a lot of fun to play, but I see several things that would make it better overall, i have high hopes for the expansion, i just hope it comes out next summer, and not 5 years from now

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm trying to remember how long it took for the D2 XP to come out... I don't think it was *that* long.

One of my problems with D3 as currently constituted is that I preferred the old character classes better. Assassin was better than the DH, for example. The Paladin was a solid solo melee / healer class.

I want them back!

sonsofgygax.JPG

Agreed I miss my javazon!

Gave up trying to kill most stuff and would lure them to far corners, let them kill me, and skirt/mad dash past them etc. So in that way I made it to the next "Start Quest" point in Act2 (where you do the 3 dungeon levels then confront Kulle boy). Now I can go back to Act1 and farm. Or wait for the patch. Or play alts. Or watch TV. Anything but more Act2. :lol: Probably spent 600K gold in the past few days trying to gear up slightly better and it didn't help a lick. Couldn't find a skill-set up that worked any better, either. It's just partly luck (the elite modifiers) of the draw and partly ... something else I haven't figured out yet.

Diablo2's expansion came out after about a year or year and a half. Don't remember exactly. I wouldn't expect D3's expansion to come out any sooner than that either. I'm sure it's half done already tho. And yeah, the AH prices have gone skyhigh kablam....also, the selection (at least for Monk stat items) for lvl59-60 stuff has dropped quite a bit I think, probably because of the RMAH. It's enough to tempt me to sell that Anariel's unique for 40million gold or something.

Is the Hardcore stuff really separate from the softcore stuff? I made a HC chr. once (then deleted it), and it did not seem to be separate from the softcore chrs. That is, the HC chr. could still look in/grab stuff in the Stash that the softcore chrs. had put there. So I'm not sure they're different....they just make your chr. inaccessible when you die in HC. But I could be wrong. I probably did that experiment at 3am or something.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Is the Hardcore stuff really separate from the softcore stuff? I made a HC chr. once (then deleted it), and it did not seem to be separate from the softcore chrs. That is, the HC chr. could still look in/grab stuff in the Stash that the softcore chrs. had put there. So I'm not sure they're different....they just make your chr. inaccessible when you die in HC. But I could be wrong. I probably did that experiment at 3am or something.

They are different. Different stash, different AH.

If you die on HC you only lose what you are carrying with you, your stash and AH items are safe.

I seem to have hit a bit of a wall in Inferno. Im stuck in the area where you first meet the Enchantress and spent most of my playtime last night just trying to find a party that wasnt full of failure, AFK-ers or people that quit after the first wipe. I really, really hate the enrage timer. On the bright side Im gearing up in small increments.

Well took a month or so, HC Inferno Diablo kill apparently. Tried some Inferno, got stomped a bit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I seem to have hit a bit of a wall in Inferno. Im stuck in the area where you first meet the Enchantress and spent most of my playtime last night just trying to find a party that wasnt full of failure, AFK-ers or people that quit after the first wipe. I really, really hate the enrage timer. On the bright side Im gearing up in small increments.

Patch 1.0.3 should fix that. Probably.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

So I have the patch. Checked out Act1. Things seems to hurt less, even w/my MF gear on. Crafting prices as advertised. Higher ilvl blue items (most rares I found didn't fall into that category yet, however). However....after noticing my Enchantress was constantly dying, I opened her stats windows.

She's now lvl13 (instead of 60). I went back to town. All the companions were lvl13, with all gear "padlocked"/unusable. wtf bug? Anyone hear of this? Tried resetting quest, reloading game, etc. They're still lvl13. Now, not a huge big deal, it's only the companions right, but that's still a huge bug, imo.

Diablo3-000131.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson

Nearly never use them, but yeah, that's a big bug, I expect a hotfix.

I guess I'll check it out tomorrow or so, see what's changed.

It's worse. You don't gain XP anymore either. Neither followers or player chrs. My lvl60 monk is still lvl60, but my lvl 30 alt's xp bar now looks like this, with the important part being that "0" for xp needed to level:

Diablo3-000132.jpg

Killed a few things, the xp bar didn't budge/numbers didn't change. However my mule chr. who's only lvl 6 does gain experience and has a "xp for next level" number instead of a 0. So the issue seems to be that the patch reverts people (some? all? don't know?) to "starter accounts" (eg, like the beta), hence no xp. gain if you're higher lvl than than 13 already.

Current player-workaround found is to reset/change your bnet account password. Why this would fix it, I don't know. Not to mention, I shouldn't have to do something like that in the first place, to fix a game bug. I'll wait and see if they hotfix it later themselves.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Apparently the bug is where you get reverted to a starter edition ? Even so, yeah, good job there.