RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Neera's a Wild Mage. How can you not?

Edit: New cinematics? The purist is sad, but some of them were pretty awful.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Edit: New cinematics? The purist is sad, but some of them were pretty awful.

Agreed on both counts. The opening cinematic is especially legendary. But if they make it visually more similar to BG2... not a bad idea...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So if I understand correctly, BG:enchanced doesn't encompass BG2, just the first game with addons? It's disappointing isn't it. BG2 is much more popular, the engine is more advanced, they should've ported the first game to the second engine before reworking the game.

Bah!

OH SHI~! THE GROUND IS BLURRY! THEY MADE IT LOOK LIKE ANOTHER GAME FOR PS3!

drake774034.jpg

Edited by Delfosse

So if I understand correctly, BG:enchanced doesn't encompass BG2, just the first game with addons? It's disappointing isn't it. BG2 is much more popular, the engine is more advanced, they should've ported the first game to the second engine before reworking the game.

Bah!

They did. They are using the final build of the Throne of Bhaal engine.

From the Enhancements section:

Baldur's Gate 2 Features

All of the additions and improvements from Baldur's Gate 2: The Shadows of Amn have been brought to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Now you can use class kits, new subraces and classes that were previously unavailable.

OH SHI~! THE GROUND IS BLURRY! THEY MADE IT LOOK LIKE ANOTHER GAME FOR PS3!
I noticed this too. Will wait for more screenshots and maybe some proper gameplay footage before jumping to conclusions though.

Edit:

Seems to me that the ground only looks blurry in some of the shots of the new areas, so maybe it's work in progress? Also, they are apparantly adding a zoom feature to the PC and Mac versions, so that might also be what we're seeing in the more blurry looking screenshots. All in all, it seems to me (also from what Trent's been saying on Twitter) that there's still a lot of work to be done. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt for now -- the new stuff they're adding does seems like it will be pretty cool :yes:

Edited by Lorfean

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

They did. They are using the final build of the Throne of Bhaal engine.

I still lament the death of the Icewind Gate Project. Would have loved seeing BG2 (or BG for that matter) run on the IWD2 engine :(

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i'll probably pick it up when the price drops to $5. i've played baldurs gate too many times to spend $20 on this i think

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Looks useless, as expected. A romance character, two characters, an arena. That's pretty much a medium-size mod, probably with better production quality but nothing else to distinguish. Engine and gameplay improvements look same as or far below what you can get with mods.

*shrug*

Looks useless, as expected. A romance character, two characters, an arena. That's pretty much a medium-size mod, probably with better production quality but nothing else to distinguish. Engine and gameplay improvements look same as or far below what you can get with mods.

*shrug*

It's all in a single package that will get support and that will work on iPad though, and no mod so far has made multiplayer less of a mess iirc. That said, ehr, the new areas look like barely any effort was put into them. Disappointing.

Ipad support is what has me interested in this. But they'd also have to make a difficulty level that works similar to Sword Coast Stratagems or I think I will find the game fairly dull and easy. Since the ipad version won't be moddable (I assume), this has to be the case.

If they could make a modding interface that would allow one to upload a mod to the game through itunes, that would be awesome though, but I doubt that's in the scope of the game (not even sure if Apple allows that kind of behaviour though)

Baldur's Gate. That BioWare RPG with no romances. Well, now it has them.

Well done Beamdog.

Well done.

Here's some fun news, all three characters have a romance. They don't list the monk and blackguard because they're not finalized.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Those blurry screen shots of the BG remake are terrible. The Background art in the originals were just beautiful. Are they using some kind of graphics scaler?

Yes. Graphics source material was misplaced by Bioware and unavailable to Beamdog.

Glad to see "I wonder why they don't make RTWP RPGs any more... and I sure as **** am not buying the only tentative attempt at making one!" crowd here in full strength.

I'm buying 3 versions of this just in the hopes that they'll keep afloat, and maybe send a signal to other publishers as well.

Well, at least they can depend on a sense of duty of sorts.

This is random, not news - but maybe some might appreciate it ? First part of a series on the development of Warcraft from a developer - http://www.codeofhonor.com/blog/the-making-of-warcraft-part-1

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, at least they can depend on a sense of duty of sorts.

And we'll be able to depend on the Call of Duty, and nothing but. :p

Those blurry screen shots of the BG remake are terrible. The Background art in the originals were just beautiful. Are they using some kind of graphics scaler?

Glad to see "I wonder why they don't make RTWP RPGs any more... and I sure as **** am not buying the only tentative attempt at making one!" crowd here in full strength.

Pft. They aren't making a RTWP RPG, they're reissuing a decade+ old one one with marginal improvements and a 200% mark up. At the moment it looks and smells like a cash in, and supporting that will end with is more cash ins with marginal improvements, not a new dawn for RPGs.

Yeah, I know they've talked about doing a BG3 if the EEs succeed, but you have to have confidence in the team making it for that to be desirable. What I've seen and heard about the EEs leaves me with little of that confidence.

• Like 1

Well, pft to you too, sir. If a small team built, sure-fire thing like this fails commercially, you can bet nobody else is going to try doing one.

Well, pft to you too, sir. If a small team built, sure-fire thing like this fails commercially, you can bet nobody else is going to try doing one.

Let me put my pft in this conversation. Nobody else is gonna try? WHATEVER. Kickstarter.