What are you playing now?

Gorth

The only thing currently pissing me off about CK2 is the plotting. There's just too much of that. For example last night my grandson had his father and myself killed via poison. And since he got caught, pretty much the whole damn country was about to rebel when he got the Kingdom to rule. Seriously, I can understand poisoning his father (in some twisted way), but why poison a 50 something grandfather who would be dead in few years anyways, just to make your progress to the throne faster.

Also I still don't understand how sometimes the areas I control, don't get inherited by my heir. I lost two out of three of the areas I've been upgrading in that even though I have the "eldest son inherits it all" rule in my realm. Is there a limit of how much he can inherit or why did he not inherit some of the areas that were already in his name!

That... is exactly how Medieval kingdoms worked. Especially if your grandson has any traits like Ambitious (a -50 to relations between vassal and liege). I think CK2 works best if you don't plan out your perfect history, but let the weird things happen and screwballs reign.

You should read the manual about succession laws, what each one does and how to change them. You can keep everything, it might get divvied up, you might have to engage in canny assassinations to keep things, etc. (Hint: an easy way to take rival heirs out of the running is hand them bishoprics, as bishops are ineligible.)

You should read the manual about succession laws, what each one does and how to change them. You can keep everything, it might get divvied up, you might have to engage in canny assassinations to keep things, etc. (Hint: an easy way to take rival heirs out of the running is hand them bishoprics, as bishops are ineligible.)

I have to admit, this is one of the reasons I dislike grabbing strategy / management heavy games like this in digital format these days. I like having a manual I can sit back and read through, or even glance at easily during my gameplay. Digital copies of games just seemt to have crappy in-game tutorials and/or pdf manuals that are a pain to read.

Call me old fashioned, but I still hanker for the days of old when pc games came with half inch manuals ;)

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That... is exactly how Medieval kingdoms worked. Especially if your grandson has any traits like Ambitious (a -50 to relations between vassal and liege). I think CK2 works best if you don't plan out your perfect history, but let the weird things happen and screwballs reign.

I will do this on my 3rd playthrough, kinda seeing how well I can play with few reloads when things go bad when I either test something (usually something really stupid) or when these knuckleheads poison their way to the throne.

Hate the living, love the dead.

'Losing' titles would probably be because those provinces were outside your kingdom's rules- if you have holdings in France as King of England they are subject to the succession rules (and other laws) of France not England. If France were using gavelkind then those holdings will be split amongst any surviving sons, whatever the law of England says.

Finished KOA last night. I'd liken the game to a skeleton, the framework was very solid but it really needed some more flesh.Most fun I've had with a game of that type for a long time. Took around 60 hours to finish, still had a ton of quests that I'd either ignored or not completed .

It lets you play after you complete the story. Three very distinct character classes, and the ability to mix and match makes it very replayable.

'Losing' titles would probably be because those provinces were outside your kingdom's rules- if you have holdings in France as King of England they are subject to the succession rules (and other laws) of France not England. If France were using gavelkind then those holdings will be split amongst any surviving sons, whatever the law of England says.

I lost titles on couple of counties in FInland. I've created the Kingdom of Finland for myself. The game usually let's you know if you are about to lose titles when your char dies, this time it just happened without a warning, which is why I'm quite confused.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Finished my Mass Effect 2 run. Well, mostly. I have done all sidequests and gotten all upgrades except Medigel 6. Why am I always running out of Platinum?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Turns out they don't like you killing city states off in Civ V, feh annoying enclaves in my territory. Rome now rules all of Africa though, except for a pocket in the NW. Losing the game, but at least is a practice for the next run, might try for a cultural victory as well on that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

i'll probably grab it on a steam sale or something. doesnt really look worth more than $10 to me

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

well i dont really care if its on steam in particular, i just want to spend less than $10 on it. otherwise i'll probably skip it.

chronicles of riddick is so good, i've played it twice and loved it both times

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Might & Magic7.

I miss games like these. For me it still beats games like Skyrim hands down in terms of gameplay immersion.

Don't know about Skyrim, because I couldn't care less about Bethesda games, but Might & Magic rocks, except IX that sucks.

Aah, memory lane.. It's funny the way that Might & Magic VI utilizes graphics for characters, close-ups, menus, shops, etc makes it so easy to ignore the fact that the game world itself looks really awful and pixelated. When I think back I only remember good graphics.. So I had to pull it out again.. Still looks uh.. Whoa, there is music too? Funny I think I actually got so tired originally of the New Sorpigal theme that I switched off music entirely, but it's actually pretty nice. Imagine that, fourteen years later I hear the music. Found some old savegames from 2003 in a backup.. Still nice, but the controls ugh.. Arrows, seriously?! It took me quite a long time to switch from arrows to ASWD, but I've been using that for half a decade at least and now it's just completely opposite. MM7 and 8 at least have a bit of customization of keys, but unfortunately not all.. I have started so many fights out of habit of using ASWD.. A for Attack.. Oh well, I can't quite remember how to play this game, but some things did return. Like using flight outdoors in turn-based combat and dodging attacks with swift adjustments of altitude.. And the following inventory clutter and management of all the goodies.. That's a like mini-game in itself to get all the items to fit.. I remember hoarding rings for enchanting.. Making my own cool items.. Something about solstices and places I had to try out..

Had some problems installing it again.. Even purchased the one on GoG too, but it was just my AV with ridiculously tight settings that messed it up and I also forgot to uninstall the original again, before installing the GoG one.. So now I am playing the GoG version with the original CD of my old copy.. How messed up is that..

Well, I've always had fond memories of Might & Magic VI, because it made such a huge impression on me and there was also so much more freedom and ease of play not least in regards to Town Portal and Loyd's Beacon. Love those teleportation spells setup for quick access to repairs, shops, special fountains with healing, mana or special bonuses without losing track of your progress through a dungeon or map. Utilitarian spells like that really endear me, but unfortunately the follow-ups were not quite as 'sweet' in that regard. Do miss them.

(Signatures: disabled) 

im starting up a new game of Myth. still amazing after all these years. The only improvements i can imagine being made to this game would be more units and a campaign to play as the Fallen.

not bad for a game that was released 15 years ago

edit: i guess while im wishing - i would enjoy the ability to pull the camera out further, and prettier graphicz would be ok i guess but not needed

Edited by entrerix

I played a new game of Skyrim this weekend, focusing just on magic. It was actually a nice change of pace, the spells really are fantastic in this game. Everything looks awesome too.

Maybe this will be the character build that gets me over the hump, my archer and fighter got stale after about 10 hours.

Silent Hill 2.

So far so good. I certainly prefer psychological horror to Resident Evil's "boo!" scares.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.