What are you playing now?

Gorth

D2 is from 2000. Like Icewind dale and Baldur's gate and Deus Ex and FF IX. :D I was still playing JA 2 at that time though. :D

Right now ME3 demo. More people so bigger chance for a 4 people party. Finished a couple bronze missions but Silver is just too hard. Haven't even tried gold yet. :geek:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I shouldn't have bought Reckoning on release day. I still haven't played it since Skyrim's taking all of my time right now. I'm not even halfway done my first play through of Skyrim, and with Mass Effect 3 coming out in about 2 or 3 weeks, I likely won't be touching Reckoning until April or so.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Have they said if they're doing anything else with DX:HR ? Missing Link wasn't all that long ago, granted (still need to play that, too).

IIRC, even the credit crawl for Missing Link says "we're just getting started!" but nothing's been released since then. For all we know the game's success could have resulted in scrapping any DLC plans and fast-tracking a sequel... which could be good or bad.

i tried replaying dragon age 1. it's... a lot worse than i remembered :(

I think a lot of people would benefit from your experience :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I shouldn't have bought Reckoning on release day. I still haven't played it since Skyrim's taking all of my time right now. I'm not even halfway done my first play through of Skyrim, and with Mass Effect 3 coming out in about 2 or 3 weeks, I likely won't be touching Reckoning until April or so.

I'd say I'm about 3/4 of the way through KOA give or take and for a sandbox game to still be keeping my attention it must be doing something right. I never bothered with Skyrim, I'll get the inevitable "complete edition" next year or something, I'm in no rush.

I'm also not that taken with ME3 after playing the demo either, I don't see myself playing it more than once unless the full game dramatically improves over the demo.

ME 2. Just finished Samara's loyalty mission. No combat, but lots of pathos. You seduce a woman, her mother rushes in to kill her, and when she's dead admits that she was the smartest and bravest of her daughters, but it doesn't feel hamfisted or cheap. When I think about all the ways this could have gone wrong, I'm impressed.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I have to admit, I'm tempted to try getting in a quick play through of ME2 just to have another potential save game with different decisions on it...

But I'll have to see how the next couple of weeks progress and how much time I have available...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

FInnished FFXIII-2, I must say I was pretty impressed with the game and realy enjoyed it :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

ME 2. Just finished Samara's loyalty mission. No combat, but lots of pathos. You seduce a woman, her mother rushes in to kill her, and when she's dead admits that she was the smartest and bravest of her daughters, but it doesn't feel hamfisted or cheap. When I think about all the ways this could have gone wrong, I'm impressed.

I like it a lot too, unfortunately Samara's recruitment is one of my least favourite ones (I'm not sure why, I think I always do it at the stage where the core recruitment/loyalty treadmill starts getting a bit stale), which tends to ruin the whole thing for me.

Decided to give Alpha Protocol another run. Clunky as ever, but there's still something there that keeps me playing.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

How's it bugged?

This could help (unless you're using the fixpack - scroll down some ways and you'll see it - from there already).

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Every time I try to go back to the 2nd floor of the mortuary, it freezes, particularly on the part where it autosaves. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

EDIT: I found out what my problem was. I was intalling it into C:\Program Files\ which causes problems when saving, so whenever it tried to autosave, it froze. Going to uninstall it and then reinstall.

Edited by Desert Ranger

Doing Jacob's loyalty mission. In a setting where black characters are rare and sexual assault is rare, I do wish they had done something other than make Jacob's father a mass rapist.

I like it a lot too, unfortunately Samara's recruitment is one of my least favourite ones (I'm not sure why, I think I always do it at the stage where the core recruitment/loyalty treadmill starts getting a bit stale), which tends to ruin the whole thing for me.

Yeah, the middle of the game is slow going. I like try to mix up missions I like with missions I'm not that fond of. Plus, I have all the DLC (I think) which means I can do Liar of the Shadow Broker, Firewalker, or Overlord if I want a break from the loyalty missions.

I head to Illium as so as it's available, so Samara comes early for me.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Playing Yakuza 4. I like that you get to play as four different characters. This means that you are not stuck with one fighting style for the entire game. Currently doing as many sidequests I can before advancing the story.

Can't wait for Yakuza 5.

The resolution of that one was satisfying, for reasons Maria mentioned, but I disliked the gameplay. I love the idea of a dialogue-focused mission to break up the series of shoot-from-behind-boxes missions, but I just didn't think it was executed well. The ME dialogue system might just be too rudimentary to support this kind of thing. Either that, or they felt that presenting a dialogue-based mission that was at all challenging would alienate too much of their audience. The end result was way too much hand-holding, IMO. The player gets told almost exactly what to say, picks those options, and picks the red/blue options as they come up (and hopes that they've been consistent to-date on whether Shep is a jerk or a sap). Boring.

Anyhow, I may be joining those playing through some of ME2. The video card in my new machine started making rather a lot of fan noise last night, so I've emailed EVGA to see about getting a replacement. That leaves me with the older PC in the basement, which probably can't handle Portal 2 or Skyrim. And I do have 2 ME2 games that I've abandoned about 3/4ths of the way through, both of which I'd like to have ready for the sequel when I play it. (I'm not planning on buying ME3 at release, but if it doesn't totally bomb, I'll almost certainly pick it up at some point over the next 6 months.)

Actually, a question: Does Bioware DLC ever get discounted? I have the Kasumi and Shadow Broker ones, but I never bought Overlord or Arrival.

Alternately, I might jump back into New Vegas and finally do that last DLC. Or Civ V. Hell, I have a BG2 save that's halfway through ToB that I wouldn't mind finishing at some point.

Actually, a question: Does Bioware DLC ever get discounted? I have the Kasumi and Shadow Broker ones, but I never bought Overlord or Arrival.

I've seen it happen on the xbox side, but not on the PC one. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Mind you, ME2 didn't even have a "goty" edition of any kind (well, apart from the PS3 one).

Tonight I fired up an old game (relation to PC games at least). Fired up Star Wars Starfighter and played it a bit. Fun, mindless, starship blasting.

Oh what I would do for a modern day X-wing/Tie fighter. If bio had of shipped the old republic, or planned to release an expansion that corrected the error of not doing so, I would subscribe for life.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif