What you did today

Tale

Epic return from boozing last night. Unspeakable ratio of wine and whisky to weight to distance travelled.

I question how well wine and whisky can go together.

And I answer: uneasily.

That was my assumption.

Whisky is best drunk with other Whiskies in my opinion. I do enjoy a good Whisky night, with several bottles to get through, I find that its not the same kind of drunk feeling as bitter/ale due to less liquid...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I have a firm rule that I stick too; never mix your booze types. If you start with whiskey, stick with it. If you start with beer or wine, finish with it. An if you do switch (sometimes it IS necessary) don't alternate back and forth. Like we say here in the South "You dance with the one that brung ya!"

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have a firm rule that I stick too; never mix your booze types. If you start with whiskey, stick with it. If you start with beer or wine, finish with it. An if you do switch (sometimes it IS necessary) don't alternate back and forth. Like we say here in the South "You dance with the one that brung ya!"

I often drink ale and then a whisky chaser, be it a JD and coke or a single malt, I tend to continue like that all night, I sometimes have a rum also.

I'll often throw in a random Sambuca shot, or even a tequila.

I don't drink larger (too fizzy), and if I drink Vodka, then I am drinking JUST vodka.

In short I mix my drinks heavily, why, well if I don't I won't be in the same head-space as everyone else sticking to a single drink, nobody wants to be sober and surrounded by drunk folk.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Exactly. You can talk about not mixing. But the thing is that it happens most often when a good night is happening.

Main topic this evening was romantic cowardice. Man I know, war photographer, had his bloody limbs crippled just to take a single photo... bottled out when confronted with a girl he really likes. Utterly incomprehensible to me.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Exactly. You can talk about not mixing. But the thing is that it happens most often when a good night is happening.

Indeed. How is a proper evening complete without some before-dinner ****tails (whiskey- or gin-based, depending on the season), proper wine pairings with dinner, and a bit of cognac after the meal?

only had one day off this weekend, but made the most of it

went to my gf's and we slept in till about 3pm, got up to go get coffee and pizza, then watched gormenghast and had another sleep :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Indeed. How is a proper evening complete without some before-dinner ****tails (whiskey- or gin-based, depending on the season), proper wine pairings with dinner, and a bit of cognac after the meal?

Just don't have your ****tails in the ****pit, you'll just **** up. :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

then watched gormenghast

Had to look that one up on google and then imdb. Sounds like a bizarre story =]

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

then watched gormenghast

Had to look that one up on google and then imdb. Sounds like a bizarre story =]

yeah my gf has read the books and recommended it to me

basically every single character is ****ing nuts

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I bought a Roku a few days ago, and it's a pretty nifty device. I've been trying to figure out a way to move away from cable TV the last few months. It costs about $70 a month, and I barely use it. My wife, unfortunately, is quite attached to it. Her big complain with streaming services is the lack of local news in the morning, and the lack of any programming from Bravo. Bravo has all those Real Housewife shows, and she is addicted. They are terrible, but let's not judge too harshly, we all play some fairly embarrassing video games here.

So the Roku has quite a few streaming channels, and it makes accessing Netflix and Hulu+ very easy. It didn't allow me to cancel cable completely, but I compromised with my wife and cancelled all our non-basic channels, which saved about $15 a month. I also cancelled my Tivo subscription, which was another $15 a month. We can use the cable company box as a DVR, it's a piece of junk compared to Tivo, but it works well enough. The Roku itself was $80 and there is no monthly fees, so it will pay for itself rather quickly.

The kids programming is also pretty great, and that's important in my house. That extra $15 I was paying was really just to get a few kids shows, and now I can stream stuff for free.

One weird thing I noticed is this HBO Go service looks great and has a lot of good stuff to stream, but apparently you have to pay for a cable subscription to HBO to get it to work. That seems crazy. Why would I need to subscribe to a cable channel to watch stuff online? Ah well, I have enough movie options anyways.

Been laughing at my weird *** dream. Obsidian finally announced Project North Carolina. The game was called Haven. Their great business plan was to sold it only in Hollywood kiosks. Hollywood was a chain of kiosk in that dream. So yea, only in those kiosks, for 15 dollars. They also announced Virginia, but I can't remember what it was :/

Hate the living, love the dead.

Been laughing at my weird *** dream. Obsidian finally announced Project North Carolina. The game was called Haven. Their great business plan was to sold it only in Hollywood kiosks. Hollywood was a chain of kiosk in that dream. So yea, only in those kiosks, for 15 dollars. They also announced Virginia, but I can't remember what it was :/

Doesn't sound daft to me. Couple of large softdrinks and some popcorn is about 15 bucks, isn't it? People who like movies like games. Makes sense. ;)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Still can't quite seem to get in the seasonal mood. And I got to sleep some point past 4am.

Have the tree up, and slowly putting decorations on it. Rather then do it all in one bash, I've got the various boxes of decorations arranged around the room so as I do the various daily tasks, I can pop in and put a handful up at a time, then carry on with other things..

Did some internet banking and paid off a chunk of my credit card. Hm, got the email notification that Game had shipped my copy of ToR.

Waiting for a few ordered christmas presents to arrive, and then I'll have to dig out the wrapping paper.

My sister walked in last night and did this wonderful "oh, if you were wondering what to get me for christmas, how about this?" then hands me something she's bought. And opened. "If you want you can just give me the money for it."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

4k less in debt than I thought I was. ;) Nice surprise for Christmas.

Toilet cistern leaking in house. Bad surprise. Blasted thing looks like it's been very quietly dripping for months. I wanted to take the whole damn thing out years ago, as I consider more than one loo a waste of space. But I let my friends dissuade me. Shouldn't have done so.

-Elwood Blues

Their great business plan was to sold it only in Hollywood kiosks. Hollywood was a chain of kiosk in that dream. So yea, only in those kiosks, for 15 dollars.

Subconscious fear that they will turn to cheap, mass produced mainstream console games ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Their great business plan was to sold it only in Hollywood kiosks. Hollywood was a chain of kiosk in that dream. So yea, only in those kiosks, for 15 dollars.

Subconscious fear that they will turn to cheap, mass produced mainstream console games :o

And Oedipus complex, you gotta throw that in there just in case.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Screwed up badly with my alarm going of at 9 am... on a clock that was set an hour late (so it went off at 10)

My final was at 9:45 and I can't really make it up under any circumstances.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Screwed up badly with my alarm going of at 9 am... on a clock that was set an hour late (so it went off at 10)

My final was at 9:45 and I can't really make it up under any circumstances.

If it makes you feel any better I had a very similar problem with one of my finals. My alarm simply didn't ring. Very VERY strange as had triple checks etc. Worked out OK for two reasons:

1. The rumour went around that I was engaged in extravagant sexual relations and was enjoying them so much I didn't care about my exam.

2. I've never found exam stats particularly useful beyond one's first couple of jobs. Get them out the way quickly, do well, get excellent references, and the exams don't matter.

EDIT: Regarding point 1, I wasn't in fact. But apparently people thought the only reason I'd say I was just a doofus was if I had some incredibly deviant secret to conceal.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Well... apparently I could make it up. Because it's finals week my professor is forcing people to turn in their exams in general, which she usually doesn't do, so showing up late wouldn't be an issue.

Feel pretty good about the exam actually.

Well... apparently I could make it up. Because it's finals week my professor is forcing people to turn in their exams in general, which she usually doesn't do, so showing up late wouldn't be an issue.

Calax, you go to Iowa St. right? Rutgers (my school) is playing them in a bowl game at Yankee Stadium on the 30th...SO $%# **** YOU OPPOSING SPORTS TEAM

Edited by Krookie

Wait, what?

-Elwood Blues

On each of the other exams, the teacher had a rule "Once the first student leaves, nobody else can come in" because she let people take home the exams themselves.

For the final, she didn't let folk take home the exams, and instead kept them (and a sheet that says "I hereby confirm that this is not cheated upon). So I could go in and do the exam during the proper time, rather than just get shafted by the previous rule.

So I managed to get a high C on all my exams now.

On each of the other exams, the teacher had a rule "Once the first student leaves, nobody else can come in" because she let people take home the exams themselves.

For the final, she didn't let folk take home the exams, and instead kept them (and a sheet that says "I hereby confirm that this is not cheated upon). So I could go in and do the exam during the proper time, rather than just get shafted by the previous rule.

So I managed to get a high C on all my exams now.

Thanks for explaining. i think the confusion may be due to some USA way of handling exams, and what you mean by finals.

-Elwood Blues

For the most part Finals is the last exam of the semester and worth a small pile of credit when compared to the other tests in the semester.