What are you playing now?

Gorth

yeah, i wasn't saying that bethsoft wasn't selling before. but if its true that they've nearly doubled sales since their last game... that still seems like a big deal. thats like what happened between cod 3 and cod modern warfare, and we all know what happened after that.

anyway, it doesnt really matter, im glad the game sold well enough that bethsoft will make more, maybe hire obsidian to make one too...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Hm, one of the reasons that I'm avoiding Skyrim at the moment is that I got suckered into pre-ordering Oblivion due to my love of Morrowind.

Then I found it to be a game that while brilliant on many technical aspects, actually was incredibly lacking in soul and fairly uninteresting to actually play...

I take it that people are finding Skyrim to actually be an enjoyable game? ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Skyrim is a lot better and closer to Morrowind.

Don't bother with Oblivion. Or if you really want, do some research and stock up on a lot of mods.

Path of Exile's new beta version came out yesterday, so I just checked it out for a few minutes.

Holy Carp, the new skill tree is ginormous!! It was big and spider-webby before, but now...it's like 2, 2.5 times as big. It's totally nuts. Nodes within nodes that shoot to new nodes within nodes. It's so huge it's almost too intimidating to even bother trying to figure out. Jeez...just jeez...

I take it that people are finding Skyrim to actually be an enjoyable game?

I'm one of those who liked (but didn't worship) Morrwind and did not like Oblvion at all...but now I'm liking Skyrim.

Not that I'm far in, but Skyrim isn't, imo, as entertaining (to me) as MW was, but it's a vast improvement over Oblivion. Kind of depends what you like/want out of such a game tho. I'm not finding the story or characters very interesting, for example. They're not bad or anything, just not feeling it. But ES games for me are almost too big to ever be that involving character wise. The size tends to leave me in a state of disconnect that way. Still, it's a fun game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tempted to play Skyrim, but never played a TES game, never like jumping into the middle of a series for some reason. But apparently the games aren't linked so it shouldn't be an issue, so maybe. Right now though, I have to punch through the list of half completed games I have - DD, HoMM 3, Arcanum, Ground Control.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

im finding myself not super interested in the main story of skyrim, but i've barely touched it so thats probably normal. i do find the dungeon and wilderness exploration to be very satisfying though, there have been several moments where i really felt like an adventurer, tackling dungeons filled with monsters and traps, which is a feeling i never felt in oblivions horribly designed dungeons.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Well that's neat. Assassin's Creed Revelations arrived today. Apparently the PS3 version includes the original Assassin's Creed, so I now have two copies of that. It also came with a pair of red/green 3D glasses. I'll try it out, but I don't expect the 3D to be good.

This is a good month. I don't have time for this game yet, but I'll get right to it when I take a lull in Skyrim. Then it's on to Metal Gear Solid HD Collection's Peace Walker. Never finished that on PSP. I'll say this for Konami, they do their LE packaging well.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Thanks to my new hardware, I could now play through Vault 22 without having to hard reset my PC every 60-120 seconds of play time. After so much grief an almost surreal experience just playing through it without rebooting :)

Then I fell asleep across the keyboard and decided it was time to find a proper bed to crash for the night. Work interferes quite a bit with life these days :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, I'm not yet to the point of anti-MMORPG crazy yet, but I have been WoW free for months and I'm quite happy. I didn't have time for it which meant that all my playing time came the at the expense of interpersonal relationships or sleep.

I'm slowly but surely getting back to where we were in PST and some of the things I forgot in the more recent run came back to me now, such as helping some mage who needs a ruby in Ragpickers' Square. PS:T is the only game to date where I hacked it to find out more stuff and then went in with a dialogue editor to read what I didn't get in the game. I honestly don't think there's anything in the lawful/neutral/chaotic good line I haven't seen already.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Tempted to play Skyrim, but never played a TES game, never like jumping into the middle of a series for some reason. But apparently the games aren't linked so it shouldn't be an issue, so maybe. Right now though, I have to punch through the list of half completed games I have - DD, HoMM 3, Arcanum, Ground Control.

You'd have no trouble at all getting into it, they've done a good job balancing the dialogue so newcomers can get the basics but plot veterans can dig deeper and pore over the details, it's a really damn impressive comeback for Bethesda.

Path of Exile's new beta changes equal a much improved arpg game. I like it quite a bit better. Still has issues of course, but much better. The skill tree is still very intimidating. lol

So I'm bouncing between PoE & Skyrim a bit. Still not much in the mood for long gaming sessions so it's going slow for both. But I'm having fun.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Having a blast with LotR: War in the North, great action RPG with amazing enviroments and pretty nice combat system :) Slicing through orcs and goblins with my loremaster is great fun :)

Edited by Delegat

In Obsidian we trust !!!

Started to play TES: Arena for 7th time, I have never got past Labyrinthian... For some reason, every time, I start the game, I end up there, and then shelve the game for a year or two... and then again I start it from scratch... Always playing Nightblade...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I seriously hate Deathclaws... just about everything else I can reasonably deal with.

In a dazzling display of testicular exuberance I pulled out my Pew Pew and ran at them, yelling obscenities!

One Deathclaw went down to the Alpha Predator of the wastelands that is Gorth, two Deathclaws, the third and the fourth one too. I was pretty sure I might even have survived the fifth if I hadn't run out of sacrificial companions and the Deathclaw had more friends left, like number six and seven. There has to be a trick to get into that Quarry and back out again. Maybe a combination of Archimedes II and mini Nukes :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I seriously hate Deathclaws... just about everything else I can reasonably deal with.

Silenced Sniper Rifle + Better Criticals + Head shots = Haaahaha, come get some!

Silenced Sniper Rifle + Better Criticals + Head shots = Haaahaha, come get some!

I suck at gun skills as I went the energy weapon way. I've got some decent explosives skills too, but the darn critters seems to ignore most stuff I can set up as traps for them (C4 and plasma mines). I don't know their stats, but I suspect they have a fairly high damage resistance.