RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Apparently Japanese gamers think complete opposite...

FF 9 didn't even make it into the top 20? what is this... I don't even... :thumbsup:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I LOVED FF X (Except for the F%$$#@^ Chocobo Race for Tidus' ultimate weapon.), I am looking forward to this HD remake if we (US/Europe) can get one.

Chocobo racing is nothing compared to lightning jumping to get Lulu's Ultimate O.o

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The only compliment I can give FFX is that it is the least pretentious Nojima written FF.

... Which isn't saying much. (Same guy who wrote FF8 and Advent Children)

But it is the whiniest.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

FF 9 didn't even make it into the top 20? what is this... I don't even... :thumbsup:

My sentiments exactly.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The only compliment I can give FFX is that it is the least pretentious Nojima written FF.

But it is the whiniest.

Really? Whinier that the VIII? Is that even possible. I really don't believe you. :thumbsup:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

But it is the whiniest.

Really? Whinier that the VIII? Is that even possible. I really don't believe you. :o

:lol:

They sure are an unlikeable bunch.

...and don't get me started on that ass pull of a flashback scene! You know the one I mean. >_<

Edited by Tel Aviv

This is old news, but I've just found out I can use GemRB to play Torment, IWD & BG on my smartphone. Awesomesauce. Apparently bunch of other things are possible too, like dosbox.

FF 9 didn't even make it into the top 20? what is this... I don't even... >_<

My sentiments exactly.

I'm wondering if the readers even voted on this thing or if they voted but were over ridden by Editors. I imagine their boards (all in Japanese) are a mess about the article.

I actually don't have a problem with where X or VII are placed...but something is off in that poll looking at where IX and VI are located. I mean...REALLY off.

VI especially.

I'm surprised Grandia made it on the list...but great game.

Since Grandia Made it, wondering where any representation of the Lunar series is on that list?

the poll was among kids of 10-16 years old, it seems

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

10-16 year olds wouldn't even know Final Fantasy VII. And were only just born-9 when X came out. I don't see how that claim is supported.

People who like a game most are generally going to have been the target audience when it was released.

Each and every one of the Final Fantasy games are better than Dragon Age 2 though :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

...and i welcome a Final Fantasy X HD remake if they exclude Tidus from it. I would rather play a Final Fantay VI remake though, that would be

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

a FF6 remake should be done by only upgrading the art ala the remake/HD update of monkey island. let it be done so you can switch back and forth between the artwork with the press of a button.

same should be done for the FF7 remake if they ever do one

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

...and i welcome a Final Fantasy X HD remake if they exclude Tidus from it. I would rather play a Final Fantay VI remake though, that would be

I rather not see it sullied by modern engines and safe in the nostalgia goggles.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I rather not see it sullied by modern engines and safe in the nostalgia goggles.

Theres no reason to update FFVI graphically. Like at all. They can't really reproduce the Amano artwork and as far as 2D goes its still gret to look at. In a remake they should just rework some of the mechanics (Which is the only low point of the game)

Edited by C2B

i dont see why they couldnt do a closer job replicating the amano artwork, the game could look breathtaking if they went a heavily stylized (cell shaded?) look

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i dont see why they couldnt do a closer job replicating the amano artwork, the game could look breathtaking if they went a heavily stylized (cell shaded?) look

I can't really see that working without losing a lot of details. And again, unnecessary.

How could you lose detail? There barely was any. You'd have to move to stick figures to have any less.

I can literally count the pixels that make up Sabin's face. And you'd be easily forgiven for not realizing that Kefka is still wearing his makeup, since the number of pixels that comprises that detail could be counted without taking off your shoes.

Kefka's also the only one to have a nose.