RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Well, looks like bodycount was a great success

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/14/codemast...ount-developer/

The writing was on the wall months and months ago.

Alot of the best people had already left the studio, moving to places like EA, Criterion, Ubisoft Toronto, starting their own company (see Rodeo games, and Wonderland Software now known as Zynga Mobile UK), Supermassive, Dangerclose... The list goes on.

In the end there isn't much I can say, alot of those people are friends of mine, and I hate to see them out of work, some seriously genuine talent, who had to suffer some of the worst disorganised project management, a dwindling dev budget, working in some cases 100hrs a wekk. I can assure, Bodycount was the development project from hell.

Which reminds me, they issued no apology when telling these people they've no longer got jobs. Not even a "Sorry but", nada, zip, feck all.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

And? The dialogue is still done by a different writer. Of course, it may be different in the full game, but in the trailer Max could very well be another character going by how they pretty much ignored the way he usually speaks.

That trailer already exudes more awesome than MP1+MP2 put together.

But some people have just narrow tastes and can't get over the fact that different developers can surpass the predecessor.

That trailer already exudes more awesome than MP1+MP2 put together.

Huh ? What awesome was exuded ? Doubt the game will be garbage, even if it were to be it's Rockstar so it'll be liked. I'll be optimistic and say it's a Steam sale worthy purchase.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

trailer didn't look like max payne to me. game could still be good, but it doesnt look like a sequel to the first 2.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I never saw Max as an action hero so much as he shown in that trailer. Dunno.

Don't really like what I saw so far.

Character inspired by John Woo films is poster child of all action heroes. Also Max killing small army worth of enemies in previous 2 games should make it bit easier to accept.

Rockstar + RAGE + Euphoria + Max Payne should be fun.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

For the added elements of silly, Saints Row the Third even has a Tron-style level in it...

Decker.Die

Awesome, already pre-ordered.

Yup, same here, DEHR to Saints Row to TOR and then ME3...

Apart from that, there's nothing on my "have to get" list. Just some I'm curious on and I might pick up if I see them when I'm feeling flush. :thumbsup:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Max doesn't sound like Max.. I can dig the new setting, and I guess I'll still wait and see, but so far they're missing the whole "Noir bordering on self-parody" (which then went into conscious self-parody at least in parts with the 2nd title).

Aye, that really doesn't sound or look like Max Payne at all. Max Payne in name only!

Hate the living, love the dead.

GET THIS... (I didn't know thins until minutes ago)... Rifts was once licensed as a video game in 2005 as an NGAGE title ~a turn based title at that.

Great find! What a shame, the only RIFT game we get is for the N-Gage :lol:

I actually own an N-Gage, but I can't get it to start anymore :lol:

It just keeps restarting itself over and over after the Nokia logo comes onscreen.. It's too bad, because it would be fun to try to find old games for it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Character inspired by John Woo films is poster child of all action heroes. Also Max killing small army worth of enemies in previous 2 games should make it bit easier to accept.

Well, but he acts different in the trailer. It feels to me as if he changed from "fast, jump around the corner and kill dudes!" to "IN YOUR FACE I KEEL YOU WITH JUMPING OVER ALL STUFF, PUMPING SHOTGUNS!"

The only thing that reminds me of Max Payne in the video is the music from the second game, with which they probably try to sell it to the fans. :>

Not that I really care, though. Will probably not play it anyway, as I am not really interested.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Didn't they try to play up in the second one that the series isn't an action game at heart? It's more a Noire story?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.