RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Dishonored sounds like a great idea. But it's Bethesda, and Bethesda has published only crap outside of their franchises so far so.. we'll see.

Except Zenimax bought Arkane, so like Id they're now family. Hard to say whether that will make a difference, but it could.

Dishonored sounds like a great idea. But it's Bethesda, and Bethesda has published only crap outside of their franchises so far so.. we'll see.

Zero Critical, their Star Trek games, WET and Hunted: the Demon's Forge aren't crap.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Playing Arx Fatalis and it's quite good. Just has literally the worst controls I've ever seen. You whining about DS3 on PC? Play this :lol:

It's a game about assassination where you don't have to kill anyone. It's a game about infiltration where you can set up traps and slaughter the entire garrison of an aristocrat's mansion rather than sneak in. It's a game about brutal violence where you can slip in and out of a fortified barracks with nobody ever knowing you were there. It's a game about morality and player choice where the world you create is based on your actions, not navigating conversation trees.

Holy crap. Sold. Right now.

Not sure if serious.

Same here. Although I still think that the 'Guide Dang It' thing with the human blood was unnecessary and unwelcomed. How the hell am I supposed I have to take it right now, Arkane? HOW AM I?

Heh, not serious - it's not that bad, but certainly the controls & interface, combined, make for some borked functions. Clicking a stairs icon on the top right of the screen to go up a floor? Dialogue subtitles that scroll up into view depending on how long the line is, so that (a) half the time you wait 5 seconds to see the subtitles, and (b) you can't even skip until a certain point? Weird stuff. I have a high tolerance for usability issues, but I can see a lot of people just give up on it.

I also have a lot of problem making the magic system recognise my rune tracings, but I'm assuming for now that it's me doing something stupid.

I'm assuming for now that it's me doing something stupid.

Probably not. The magic system is a nice idea, but in reality it's kinda tedious.

This Dishonored game sound like it could be right up my proverbial alley, though the image just make me think of HL2.

Dull trailer for Planetside, but might still be fun.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

greenmangaming is giving away games, apparently, thanks to The Sun.

what you need to do is "buy" the games and enter the Voucher codes to get the games for free.

ArmA2: THESU-NFREE-ARMA2

Men Of War: THESU-NFREE-MOFW2

Tower Bloxx Deluxe: THESU-NFREE-BLOXX

just press "Buy", enter the voucher code, press "Use" and then "Proceed to checkout".

you'll need to install their soft called Capsule before you can download or launch the games... bear in mind I didn't test it. oh, the giveaway only lasts 'til the end of the week

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'll be in my bu... y'know what? That was a little dull. I like the new graphics. Magrider design's quite a divergence.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

20? i guess that could work, she looks a little older to me, 23-25 I'd say. anyone who thinks she looks 15 obviously has not seen a 15 year old before.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I do not understand all the praise heaped upon BioShock. Sure the themes of the game might have been a bit more 'mature' than your average shooter, but they were explored through fricken audio logs and actual friendly characters are only met once or twice.

This BioShock, on the other hand, definitely has me more interested than the last two. It looks like it might have much more interesting mechanics and some actual interaction with friendly npc characters.

I've seen 12 years olds that have jugs like a... :lol:

But hey.

... i wasn't talking about "jugs". look at her face, yeah its anime looking with big eyes etc, but it doesnt look like a 15 year old. there is a big difference between how a 15 year old girl looks and how a 23 year old girl looks.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Bioshock brought the FPS/RPG experience to the console mainstream(with some streamlining, but basically). I never liked it, because I bought into the hype back on the 2K boards in 2007... The art deco stuff is pretty awesome, though.

I don't really think Infinite will be particularly different, but at least they rotated ALL the environment/ideology/period dials this time. Bioshock 2 was just a cheap cash-in.