RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

"And no they didn't do their job because their job right, because that job requires that they put the Activision logo sign/animation in the game before the title screen, they DID NOT DO THIS."

They did their job. their job was to make a game that made lots of money,. the bonuses were for meeting milestones. They met this milestones. They earn the bonus. You ptromise x bonus for y task and y task is completed you pay x bonus. This is not up for discussion.

"So, what's detention?"

You were never stopped from leaving detention. There were conseuqences fo it. Plus, the fatc you need to bring something used on KIDS shows how weak your argument is. Have you wondered why detention doesn't exist in post secondary schools (please don't post some lame butt exception).

EMPLOYER does not equal school. Sorry. You and ACTI lose.

ACTI are scumbags. Just admit it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Now imagine if Bethesda used this one save feature.

At least you could get a lot of play time out of one go through.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

"And no they didn't do their job because their job right, because that job requires that they put the Activision logo sign/animation in the game before the title screen, they DID NOT DO THIS."

They did their job. their job was to make a game that made lots of money,. the bonuses were for meeting milestones. They met this milestones. They earn the bonus. You ptromise x bonus for y task and y task is completed you pay x bonus. This is not up for discussion.

So if you have somebody put in a sink in your house, and then that sink leaks because they didn't put in the caulking, it's not their fault?

in the words of their attorny which you seem to be parroting

"Activision's inaccurate and misguided allegations lose sight of the reality here: None of the false claims of insubordination or breach of duties had any negative affect on Activision

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So if you have somebody put in a sink in your house, and then that sink leaks because they didn't put in the caulking, it's not their fault?

in the words of their attorny which you seem to be parroting

"Activision's inaccurate and misguided allegations lose sight of the reality here: None of the false claims of insubordination or breach of duties had any negative affect on Activision — none. Modern Warfare 2 has been the world's most successful video game. And none of this changes the fact that Jason and Vince would still be at Infinity Ward developing new games except that Activision kicked them out. This is just an Activision tactic to avoid paying Jason and Vince and everyone else at Infinity Ward the millions of dollars they all earned and that Activision owes them."
Here's the thing, that insubordination and breach of duties still would have the same effect (breach of contract) which would deny them the contracted bonus pay that you're so eager to instantly hand over to a pair of slimeballs.

Also, This:

email.jpg

tends to point to them desiring to use their abilities within their own company to promote their future bosses.

"So, what's detention?"

You were never stopped from leaving detention. There were conseuqences fo it. Plus, the fatc you need to bring something used on KIDS shows how weak your argument is. Have you wondered why detention doesn't exist in post secondary schools (please don't post some lame butt exception).

EMPLOYER does not equal school. Sorry. You and ACTI lose.

ACTI are scumbags. Just admit it.

Here's the funny thing, I'm digging through the docs on Kotaku, and have yet to find that article where EVERYONE says that "OMG THEY TOTALLY LOCKED US IN THE ROOM!" Only thing I could find was that they were placed in detention (effectively) with the understanding that "If you don't co-operate fully, you're being insubordinate" which would lead to their contract being broken and they'd not get their bonuses.

You're not one to criticise anyone for parroting, since that's what you are doing with Acti's position. I've looked at both sides of the argument and I find EA's explanation of "joke" for the post above to be a lot more credible than the conspiratorial alternative. Certainly as it appears to be the sum of evidence to support Acti's claims.

I haven't looked at this in a while, but IIRC the position is that ex-IW are claiming breach of contract and Acti's position is that due to "the conspiracy" they didn't have to follow the contract any longer. This means that the burden of proof lies squarely at Acti, and I've seen absolutely nothing that would convince me to the degree required for a final judgment. And that's my professional opinion on the matter, IMO any negative bias I have against Activision has been borne out of their handling this case, but I'd be the first to admit that people do not acknowledge their biases. :)

To summarise, I don't know if what Acti claims took place or not, it may well have, but I don't think they have enough to prove it - I think they're trying to force a settlement more beneficial for them, but I don't think it's working.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

They're both probably playing up the injustices of what was done to them for more monetary benefits. However, it's my opinion that none of this garbage would have happened if West and Zamp hadn't decided that they were somehow developer gods who could fart roses and excrete a game that'd make millions, and turn around and demand that whatever they wanted happened.

They're both probably playing up the injustices of what was done to them for more monetary benefits. However, it's my opinion that none of this garbage would have happened if West and Zamp hadn't decided that they were somehow developer gods who could fart roses and excrete a game that'd make millions, and turn around and demand that whatever they wanted happened.

Frankly, I think they were right. Exhibit A, Modern Warfare 2 - an excretion that sold indeed millions.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Then why not do what valve did and go into production for themselves?

And honestly, how much of that sale was them being awesome devs, vs how much was the marketing blitz being amazing at it's job.

Even the original purchaser cant play the game more than once. Wow.

That's not quite right. You can replay as many times as you like but your scores and any levels, characters, weapons and whatever else that you unlock will be permanently unlocked.

That's not quite right. You can replay as many times as you like but your scores and any levels, characters, weapons and whatever else that you unlock will be permanently unlocked.

Was about to post this. Still a ****ty move. Then again, I am not surprised Capcom did this. They did some stupid **** for Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 and Final Fight Double Impact for PSN. You have to be online to play.

Was about to post this. Still a ****ty move. Then again, I am not surprised Capcom did this. They did some stupid **** for Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 and Final Fight Double Impact for PSN. You have to be online to play.

But you wouldnt be able to perform any saves during that second run, right? So every subsequent run after the first would have to be a full playthrough from start to finish without saves?

But you wouldnt be able to perform any saves during that second run, right? So every subsequent run after the first would have to be a full playthrough from start to finish without saves?

My understanding is that there's a level select. You can replay individual missions. And it will save that data.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You can save. But let me explain it like this. You buy the game and finish it. You sell it to a game store. I enter the same store and buy the game you sold. I will get everything you unlocked, because there is no way to reset the game save.

RE: Mercenaries is an arena shooter, it doesn't have a single player storyline as such to play through, so it isn't a game you save in. It's basically a full game of the Mercenaries mini-game mode in RE 4 & 5. You pick a character and a level, and then you run around killing as many zombies as possible. The more you kill the more your time extends, and you can acquire bonus items that do the same thing. You replay levels to beat your own score and unlock new levels and characters.

"However, it's my opinion that none of this garbage would have happened if West and Zamp hadn't decided that they were somehow developer gods who could fart roses and excrete a game that'd make millions, and turn around and demand that whatever they wanted happened. "

None of this garbage would happen if ACTI treated their employees with respect. Oh, and paid them promised contractual bonuses when the deal is made. This is 100% ACT's fault.

Just admit ACTI are scumbags.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

ah ok. that isn't nearly so bad. I was really thinking game publishers were approaching the edge of the cliff by making full price games you could only play 1 time.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light on sale for $7.50 on Xbox Live this week.

WELL WORTH IT! Awesome game.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

so WoW is now free to play apparently.

at least until you hit level 20. how long does that take? 20 hours?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

so WoW is now free to play apparently.

at least until you hit level 20. how long does that take? 20 hours?

Quite a bit less as I recall. Maybe 10.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

huh, not much. then again, its free.

maybe someday they will release a $50 pack that buys you unlimited time, you know, like if you were to buy a video game.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

true, they usually release expansion packs instead of free content.

if i recall, WoW charges for both. monthly fees for the little stuff, and larger sums for the expansions?