Bin Laden is dead

Source, as if you needed one

I'm wondering how they pulled it off, or if there'll be retaliation.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

They secretly had his beard shaven in the night. This removed all of his power and rendered him vulnerable to mortal weaponry.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well that should help on the campaign.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Really, if there were forces loyal to Bin Laden capable of retaliation, they wouldn't have been holding back until now. Either there was a major operation in the works, or there wasn't, and it's either going to go forth as planned, or it isn't. The death of ObL probably doesn't change things one way or another in that regard. It probably does help in that the failure of the U.S. and its allies to find the guy for so long probably added to his legend and appeal in recruiting more suicidal crusaders against modernity.

So, America, **** Yeah, I guess.

Edited by Enoch

"I'm wondering how they pulled it off, or if there'll be retaliation."

L0L Retaliation? They dont' need an excuse since they've been 'retaliating' against the US for decades.

Anyways, celebrating death even for scum like Bin laden is kind ofd roll. He deserved it definitely but shouldn't be a 'fun' moment.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

According to the Presidents press conference, it was a hit (basically) carried out by US forces within Pakistan territory (with permission) that resulted in a shoot out during which he was killed and we made off with the body.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

From AQ's perspective ObL fulfils his purpose whether alive or dead- on one hand the ability of an old man with renal failure to avoid capture for the best part of ten years was an embarassment and an example, but on the other he's been peripheral and ultimately unimportant for most of the past decade and his example works as well as a martyr as anything else especially for those already of an extremist viewpoint.

Getting Al-Zawahiri or Mullah M. O. would probably be of far greater practical impact.

"I'm wondering how they pulled it off, or if there'll be retaliation."

L0L Retaliation? They dont' need an excuse since they've been 'retaliating' against the US for decades.

Anyways, celebrating death even for scum like Bin laden is kind ofd roll. He deserved it definitely but shouldn't be a 'fun' moment.

speak for yourself Canadian.

I'll dance on this pri**'s grave for the rest of my life.

Well, the frats and sororities behind my building went NUTS ripping off fireworks, blasting music and driving around with American flags. Good luck for me getting to snooze much for work

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ding dong the wicked warlock is dead.

...I'm not into celebrating death per se, but I'm glad he's gone. As Hurlshot said...one less monster in the world.

Between this news & last nights hilarious 'roasting' of Trump at the White House Correspondents Dinner, I'm sure Obama's chances of 4 more years will be looking better...at least for a while.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Damn speech interrupted American Dad. Killing an old man is not worth interrupting my tv.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

And unsurprisingly, he wasnt hiding in a cave in the mountains, but living in a luxury mansion an hour from the Pakistan capital.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTUq8r-RGdM

Judging by the reactions, i guess that the war on terrorism is over and we're entering another "peace in our times" :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

^Wuh? Blood feud? Over what? Blood pudding?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

High symbolical, low practical importance. Long-term impact unknown.

Still, good work, showing that anyone can be gotten to (eventually) might make people less willing to become figureheads. Or not.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif