What are you playing now?

Good, now forget everything you just saw because it never really comes up again.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm currently playing the Black Mirror trilogy. Pretty good point and click adventure games.

Hehe, my mom says the same thing..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Arcanum as an evil debutante equally skilled at lockpicking and crafting. Want to do a few things I never got to do, such as recruiting

Loghaire

. Should get me through till DS3.

Decent amount. Right now I"m playing Caesar IV still, really need a new game to play. Tried Civ V but couldn't get into that, maybe I'll go back to II :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Arcanum as an evil debutante equally skilled at lockpicking and crafting. Want to do a few things I never got to do, such as recruiting

Loghaire

. Should get me through till DS3.

Fun. I've never seen this franglism before, I had to google it to learn what was the english meaning behind it. In french, debutante is the feminine form of 'beginner', which is much different with the english sense.

Fallout 3: New Vegas

Also, bought the complete Grand Theft Auto package (I, II, III, San Andreas, Vice City, IV and Episodes from Liberty City) for 25$ from Gamersgate. Takes forever to download, but I guess I'm going to be playing GTA Something a bit in the near future. Now where to start...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Played a bit of the Dungeon Siege 3 demo. It isn't very stunning visually, but the story and dialogue so far is about a billion times better than the previous two in the franchise. It looks like a pretty standard action RPG other than that, albeit a dated one.

I will pick it up because I love Obsidian and the story will probably be worth the price of admission, but I am troubled about what this will mean for Obsidian's future. I just don't see a solid seller here.

I'm in Act 2 of Dragon Age 2 and am shocked that I'm slightly enjoying it. I like the faster combat and improved skill trees but the waves and reused environments are seriously annoying me.

The whole Qunari subplot is pretty interesting but I hear the game takes a massive nosedive in Act 3. Shame.

I'm in Act 2 of Dragon Age 2 and am shocked that I'm slightly enjoying it. I like the faster combat and improved skill trees but the waves and reused environments are seriously annoying me.

The whole Qunari subplot is pretty interesting but I hear the game takes a massive nosedive in Act 3. Shame.

:lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Played a bit of the Dungeon Siege 3 demo. It isn't very stunning visually, but the story and dialogue so far is about a billion times better than the previous two in the franchise. It looks like a pretty standard action RPG other than that, albeit a dated one.

I will pick it up because I love Obsidian and the story will probably be worth the price of admission, but I am troubled about what this will mean for Obsidian's future. I just don't see a solid seller here.

I liked the visuals, but I agree.. nothing spectacular - I hope is great in MP though. Me and a few friends have been looking for a good coop (4 players).

Fortune favors the bald.

I enjoyed the demo of DS3. After reading all the rants in the DS3 boards here, I thought I'd try it out and I thought it was pretty decent. I can run the game maxed out and it looks fine enough. The music was good, environments were snug, but I'm assuming it's only the beginning of the game and the story had potential. I didn't find the controls weird, however probably due to using a Xbox controller, so that would be a difference. I find the game suited for the controller, however I play The Witcher 2 with a controller. After reading all the whining and crying, I guess my question is, "What do people want?" I feel that society has only brought us to a point to be disappointed by everything and it's pretty sad. Obsidian look to have done a decent job with this game so far and I look forward to playing the whole game in a couple weeks. I just wish everyone would calm their expectations down a notch or two so they can actually enjoy a game now and then.

I enjoyed the demo of DS3. After reading all the rants in the DS3 boards here, I thought I'd try it out and I thought it was pretty decent. I can run the game maxed out and it looks fine enough. The music was good, environments were snug, but I'm assuming it's only the beginning of the game and the story had potential. I didn't find the controls weird, however probably due to using a Xbox controller, so that would be a difference. I find the game suited for the controller, however I play The Witcher 2 with a controller. After reading all the whining and crying, I guess my question is, "What do people want?" I feel that society has only brought us to a point to be disappointed by everything and it's pretty sad. Obsidian look to have done a decent job with this game so far and I look forward to playing the whole game in a couple weeks. I just wish everyone would calm their expectations down a notch or two so they can actually enjoy a game now and then.

You can't please all the people...

Mass market anything is going to compromise, not so much on quality, but on the extremes within that quality. So I think we're already witnessing a drive to make everything fast moving, with simple dynamics, and minimal requirement to delve into a storyline or understand characters. But equally hard action addicts are stuck in only a couple of franchises. We all have to share the same 'space' and consequently we're going to be like a student flatshare - bloody annoying.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

For the Zombie fans out there I can really recommend Project Zomboid (that someone here recommended sometime ago?)

Project_Zomboid_1.jpg

The graphics are rough - and the gameplay is a little quirky (still pre-alpha) .. but it's one scary game!

In my play through right now, everything went really well - I secured my house, got a lot of food out of a neighbours house (enough to last a week).. and I had made great effort to secure my house - but apparently I had made too much noise that night.. my character woke up at 4 am.. and then I heard the moans.. I went downstairs and I could hear the zombies outside banging on my fortified door, slowly wearing it down.. So I'm standing here, in the dark - just waiting for the horde with my hammer. :ermm:

Fortune favors the bald.

I've been playing Project Zomboid too! It crashes after about 5-10 minutes for me, but it is a very cool concept. You start out in a room with your wife who is bleeding, and first you have to try and stabilize her. Then you move out of the house for food and supplies. It has a Minecraft style crafting system.

I was in the same situation as Ros, except I had been lucky enough to get a shotgun. I was waiting for them to break the door down but then the game crashed. I haven't seen another shotgun since.

I've been playing Project Zomboid too! It crashes after about 5-10 minutes for me, but it is a very cool concept. You start out in a room with your wife who is bleeding, and first you have to try and stabilize her. Then you move out of the house for food and supplies. It has a Minecraft style crafting system.

I was in the same situation as Ros, except I had been lucky enough to get a shotgun. I was waiting for them to break the door down but then the game crashed. I haven't seen another shotgun since.

do the "main quest"

then some guys comes along after he hears the radio - hide in the bathroom upstairs and whack him when he talks to your wife.

Fortune favors the bald.

Gave up on Max Payne after 2 hours, that game has not aged well.

No cover system = fail

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra