What are you playing now?

Started playing Infamous2. Pretty good overall if it wasn't for ONE thing. I can't get over the fact that Coles face seems incredibly... square, and flat.

compare

cole_face-400x247.jpg

cole-mcgrath.jpg

Top being the "new" face and the bottom being the old one.

It just... bugs me. It might have worked if they'd kept the facial hair.

That said, the story seems to be a bit... slow to get going. They get you out of liberty city pretty quick, but beyond that it's still in the tutorial style levels and I'm over an hour in.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Gave up on Max Payne after 2 hours, that game has not aged well.

No cover system = fail

Just because you don't know how to get behind objects doesn't mean there is no cover.

Cover old school!

PS: Max Payne still rocks. It's not just the bullet time, it's not just the shooting...it's the story and the dialogue that made the game what it is.

Gave up on Max Payne after 2 hours, that game has not aged well.

No cover system = fail

Just because you don't know how to get behind objects doesn't mean there is no cover.

Cover old school!

PS: Max Payne still rocks. It's not just the bullet time, it's not just the shooting...it's the story and the dialogue that made the game what it is.

And the baby levels.

inFamous 2. Haven't gotten any of the new powers yet, but am looking forward to it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Totally gamed out. Bah! Not even sure what I'm in the mood for. Maybe I'll find some shooter - BFBC2 seems good and is relatively cheap, hm.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Maybe I'll find some shooter - BFBC2 seems good and is relatively cheap, hm.

I just decided to go out and buy it today before I came here. :*

I've also had Arkham Asylum for months, but still haven't felt like playing it. I'll keep waiting for that mood.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

So... I'm at the tail end of infamous 2 and have an interesting choice. Not necessairly a good one, but an interesting one.

Basically the last "choice" you can make is to either kill all the humans to save as many "mutants" as you can, or to activate a weapon that will wipe out all the "mutants" but save humans... including yourself. Now this doesn't really fit in with the games "moral" system. It's blatantly "good or evil" on a scale, and most of the time it's decisions like "Do you want to get the rebellion some anti-biotics? Or do you want to stage an attack on them and "save the day" to be their friends?" And then BAM this.

Also the whole framework for this choice is just bugging me. I've been playing a "good" character. Yet the game acts like suicide is the option of a good guy even if you're going to kill anyone and everyone who is not a human. Meanwhile self-preservation and the preservation of what is effectively the successor species to humans is considered "Evil". Both of these choices are played as perfectly viable to both sides of the morality coin (ok, maybe not the "good" choice for an "evil" character) but still... this should have been a morality free choice. Oh, and if you want to switch your Karma alignment for the ending, you have to go and actually work it over in the world instead of just changing.

Edited by Calax

Totally gamed out. Bah! Not even sure what I'm in the mood for. Maybe I'll find some shooter - BFBC2 seems good and is relatively cheap, hm.

It's a fun game, fairly short and the multiplayer is crazy.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Playing two worlds 2 and i am very impressed with this game,only the ending boss is lame .

Surprised anyone doesn t talk about this game.

It came out awhile ago, and quite a few folks here enjoyed it.

I'm waiting for it to go on sale myself.

Beat inFamous 2. It doesn't really do anything new from inFamous 1. Fewer missions that are terrible, however. I rather enjoyed it.

Next I'll return to LA Noire. Alice comes out Tuesday and I'll be on both the first and second game for a few days. Eventually get back to inFamous 2 for an evil run.

I just polished off the last mission again in inFamous 2, going the evil route to see it.

I think my entire opinion of the game can really be summed up by

"Great writing that got hacked out into a game"

Had on VERY fantastic moment, and one moment that was supposed to be this big huge "tug at your heart strings" moment (where you deal with one of your two side kicks...) but was completely let down simply by the virtue of the fact that the character I was watching had so little overall... character that it was kind of laughable at what she was telling me.

And before you guys get your panties in a bunch about "Well, you told spoilers", you've got two side kicks and a bipolar Karma system. In ANY game like this you're going to be eliminating the one that's not on your side at the end.

Almost feels like they sort of came up with the moral decision first and built the game from there to get to that point.

Edited by Calax

I just polished off the last mission again in inFamous 2, going the evil route to see it.

I think my entire opinion of the game can really be summed up by

"Great writing that got hacked out into a game"

Had on VERY fantastic moment, and one moment that was supposed to be this big huge "tug at your heart strings" moment (where you deal with one of your two side kicks...) but was completely let down simply by the virtue of the fact that the character I was watching had so little overall... character that it was kind of laughable at what she was telling me.

And before you guys get your panties in a bunch about "Well, you told spoilers", you've got two side kicks and a bipolar Karma system. In ANY game like this you're going to be eliminating the one that's not on your side at the end.

Almost feels like they sort of came up with the moral decision first and built the game from there to get to that point.

Or, you could just use the spoiler tags!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I beat Runaway 2 and am onto Runaway 3. LA Noire is kind of running a little long for me, so I'm taking a break from it. 2 desks completed and it feels like more of the same. Though the final homicide case was exceptional, it gets right back into same old afterwards.