What you did today

Gorth

So there's that viral songified Double Rainbow video/song, by "schmoyoho", based on the viral non-song video, which is funny.

But then there's also

by "RoomieOfficial" that's more of an actual song/not so much funny. I like it. His singing version of the Sheen "Winning" is cool too.

...people are so creative, and instead of the creativity languishing unseen/unavailable, the internet lets me see it. I like that.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Gloriously sunny day today. Mix of work and pleasure. Had great singing lesson this evening, at which I brought up that quote about Bruce Lee which I saw on here, and had a long discussion even after the lesson about it.

Am sitting up late watching the moon, and remembering Spain. :down:

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tis a bright, warm, seriously sunny day here. Which eh, I can kind of see as nice..but my grandad was an albino, my mother has an allergy to UV light..and naturally I'm pretty darn paleskinned because of that. So I tend to lurk in the shadows rather then enjoy the sun.

As for the day.. well you know how you plan out to spend chunks of time doing specific things? And then it rolls into a mix of finding out you need to go to the bank (in the middle of market day..) and deal with post, and sort out paperwork to defer student loans, and then find out that cat vomit has happened that needs to be cleaned from the carpet..

All while people are telling you what a gloriously sunny day it is and what a joy to behold summer arriving.. :huh:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just finished carrying, shoving and hauling some leather couches and realized for it to have hit me as hard as it did I must be seriously out of shape. What's the quickest way to get into shape? And by quickest I mean least time. I'm not adverse to effort but I simply have very little free time to spend excercising.

Have to say this weather is something else, 5 C and rainy here. And it's almost May. Hopefully this is a sign that our summer will be cool. Summer '09 was great, no temperature about 26 C, few high humidity days.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just finished carrying, shoving and hauling some leather couches and realized for it to have hit me as hard as it did I must be seriously out of shape. What's the quickest way to get into shape? And by quickest I mean least time. I'm not adverse to effort but I simply have very little free time to spend excercising.

Sounds like you need some cardio so the "fastest" will probably be running or biking. A few miles per day can probably be accomplished in under an hour.

Quickest way to get into shape is to play fighting games and eat cheeseburgers.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing ice hockey once a week is the best way to stay in shape.

Just wanna say, working on your birthday in the grill at McD's SUCKS.

Particularly when the AC is shot and all you really have is a fan that blows air out the windows.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Playing ice hockey once a week is the best way to stay in shape.

That's the key. Do something that's fun, otherwise you wont be doing it a couple of weeks from now when your resolve wears off.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Well one of my mothers conditions has been flared up all day so she's been in a lot more pain then normal and generally a little on the short-tempered side (which is understandable).

Then to add to the joys the puppy has been an over-excitable **** today, and then I find out my sister was disapearing to some dance thing tonight so I also had to juggle looking after the pup into the night as well as during the day.

Then the cat is acting even more twitchy and agitated (beyond producing cat vomit) and I think the pup has managed to nip hip somewhat seriously. Yes, the sound produced when a 3 month old Alsatian stretches out ontop a persian cat is a rather silly squeak.

Now my sister helps out at some Dog Obedience class each week so she's full of all sorts of advice for how we're supposed to act towards her dogs. But jeez. "Remember to speak with enthusiasm" "If you let them hear you're angry and frustrated they won't pay attention" etc. She always talks about how she has them obedient or at least generally paying attention to her.. so why the hell is it they then tend to ignore what the rest of the family tells them? >_<

As it is, I think I'm going to have to give up a couple of nights to going to those classes with her and seeing if I can pick up some tricks or figure out why they're different for her, otherwise I'll spend all bloody day chasing after the damned things to stop them screwing around. Which ontop of my general carer's assortment I really could do without.

I spent the afternoon scrubbing away rust with wire wool, my little CG125 is presentable again after winter storage messed her up, I returned home full of the satisfaction of a productive day to find one of my RAM sticks has gone kaput, it's worth a grumble but ho hum.

Selected the Win7 updates I want and hit the go button. Now crossing fingers that nothing breaks. >_<

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

so why the hell is it they then tend to ignore what the rest of the family tells them? >_<

Because they view her as the pack leader, and you as subordinates.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

One of these days, I feel sure we're going to find a bunch of depressed forumites will have banded together to take out a hit on Shryke under the theory that all that good karma/fortune he seems to have needs to be redistributed around the world for other people to enjoy... >_<

Displaying the leadership skills for which I am justly famous, yesterday and today we've all got ad hoc holiday. The way I figure it, losing a couple of days may be uneconomical, but it's inhumane to keep people indoors with this sort of weather. They don't work well at the time and it misses an opportunity to build loyalty and goodwill. I should write some sort of management text about The Hobbit and the Art of Management.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Displaying the leadership skills for which I am justly famous, yesterday and today we've all got ad hoc holiday. The way I figure it, losing a couple of days may be uneconomical, but it's inhumane to keep people indoors with this sort of weather. They don't work well at the time and it misses an opportunity to build loyalty and goodwill. I should write some sort of management text about The Hobbit and the Art of Management.

Considering that the (well, at least on the non-strategic level) main purpose of management is to guarantee the efficiency of work, I'd say that you were on the money - at least if you assume that by cutting them loose today, they are going to remember it next week and work at least the same amount they would've done if they'd stayed at work. >_<

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Considering that the (well, at least on the non-strategic level) main purpose of management is to guarantee the efficiency of work, I'd say that you were on the money - at least if you assume that by cutting them loose today, they are going to remember it next week and work at least the same amount they would've done if they'd stayed at work. >_<

I'd gently suggest that even that's a bit narrow. If a couple of days off now simply make them less stressed and it avoids a bout of flu then it's a win. Never mind intangibles like them just not being bloody miserable.

-Elwood Blues