Dragon Age 2

Rosbjerg

The disturbing element for me in that last image is her eyes look like bruises. Not just around the eyes, but there's some serious irritation/inflamation of the eye itself.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I could just see that being the scene.

Hawke: Why do you make me hit you?

I should photoshop that subtitle in.

I could just see that being the scene.

Hawke: Why do you make me hit you?

I should photoshop that subtitle in.

Do it.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

If I do, no way am I posting it here. While funny for the supposed irony (no way is the scene actually that, right?), it would be crass.

If I do, no way am I posting it here. While funny for the supposed irony (no way is the scene actually that, right?), it would be crass.

It's real. And tons of people are defending it already.

"It's an elf. Elf looks younger". "This has nothing to do with lolis"." She doesn't look that young."

Anyway, personally this is pretty much a moral dealbreaker for me. If others like it can't do anything about it.

Edit: Quoted wrong. Sorry^^.

Edited by C2B

I find it funny that Hawke doesn't think it's necessary to wash his face before laying with somebody he presumably cares for. gah, the middle ages were surely the darkest time of human history

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It is probably somewhat nebulous because the GUI would start to get loaded with a lot of information. I increased my magic score by 6 and saw one spell go up by 19 points of damage, another go up by 14 points, while another went up by 4. Adding the coefficients for stuff like this to the GUI starts to bog the users down with TMI.

I agree that putting the math directly in the GUI would be dumb, but why can't we have a 'detailed' description of the power/secondary characteristic in an optional window that gives us the math behind it? Kinda like how we would get the history of our items in DA:O by opening a different window. That information should also be in the manual, the fact that it wasn't made DA:0's manual one of the most useless ever.

As a gamer, I still have the terrible, terrible description of the Arrow of Death skill stuck in my throat.

I find it funny that Hawke doesn't think it's necessary to wash his face before laying with somebody he presumably cares for. gah, the middle ages were surely the darkest time of human history

Why do you think it's called the Dark Age in english?

Edited by Sannom

It is probably somewhat nebulous because the GUI would start to get loaded with a lot of information. I increased my magic score by 6 and saw one spell go up by 19 points of damage, another go up by 14 points, while another went up by 4. Adding the coefficients for stuff like this to the GUI starts to bog the users down with TMI.

I agree that putting the math directly in the GUI would be dumb, but why can't we have a 'detailed' description of the power/secondary characteristic in an optional window that gives us the math behind it? Kinda like how we would get the history of our items in DA:O by opening a different window. That information should also be in the manual, the fact that it wasn't made DA:0's manual one of the most useless ever.

As a gamer, I still have the terrible, terrible description of the Arrow of Death skill stuck in my throat.

some o' the reasons alan has provided for preferring obscurity over clarity is borderline ridiculous. as you and Gromnir noted, there ain't no need for the info to be a direct component o' the gui, and the notion that tmi is the root problem is ignoring the ubiquitous bioware threads wherein peoples attempt to deconstruct dps o' various da:o attacks... is many people who want that info in some way, shape, or form.

am suspecting an alternative rationale for biowarian preference o' "nebulous": the da rules are a mess. the thing is, as we already noted earlier, a Computer role-play game need not be streamlined and user-friendly. with a computer to handle all the heavy number crunching, elegance and simplicity becomes luxuries rather than necessities. perhaps the developers realize that spell X is a bit too powerful at higher levels. developers decide that the best solution is not to recreate the spell from scratch, but to implement a progressive penalty. do such similar stuff a few dozen or hundred times, and the rules looks like a mess-- elegance and rationality gets sacrificed on the altar o' practicality. bio ain't trying to create a pretty and rationale rules system. the goal o' bio is to create a fun and enjoyable rule system. am suspecting that if the nightmarish guts o' their cobbled-together-rules is exposed in all their grisly glory, we would see more than a few folks complain. so perhaps bio figures obscurity cheeses off just as many (or less) folks than does revealing their frankenstein system... but we is only hypothesizing.

*shrug*

ugly rules not bother Gromnir. what does bother us is that in a rpg wherein we spends points to get benefits, we has no real idea what is the relative value o' our point purchases. not matter that da is a computer franchise opposed to a pnp game system; rules obscurity neuters the ability to make meaningful choices.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You know, it really would be kind of entertaining to have a game manual where every skill and ability came with 5th-degree polynomial graphs to show the continuum of marginal efficacy at different investment levels.

that elf chick looks like she's in her 20's to me, not a little kid. hawke shouldn't have hit her though, i'm sure she didn't deserve it.

i dont want to put points into skills if i dont know how much damage they do. why take fireball over frost ball? they both say they do lots of damage, one cold one hot, do they do the same amount of damage? what about size of the blast? do they have any secondary effects? what are the chances of those effects occurring?

in an rpg, the player shouldnt be required to f5, take fireball, go use it, then f9 and try frost ball and go use that and compare damage notes. the game should tell us ahead of time so we can pick the skill we think will work best for our builds.

in D&D there is rarely any confusion about what spell does what effect, its all clearly explained in the spell descriptor.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Oh come on, lighten up. We could use a good laugh.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Wow, she's going to get serious back pain.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You know, it really would be kind of entertaining to have a game manual where every skill and ability came with 5th-degree polynomial graphs to show the continuum of marginal efficacy at different investment levels.

sadly, Gromnie would enjoy that. in fact, compared to a cloth map o' fereldan or plastic dice we would much prefer the graphs as part o' a collector's edition package. is a sickness. even so, nobody from bio ever explained to us how the various ability scores actual modified various skills, abilities and powhaz... which is just plain weird given that da:o were a rpg. gots points, but don't know relative worth o' points. so, give us the formulae, and Gromnir will makes our own charts.

HA! Good Fun!

ps if in a ce we could get an action figure o' sten, complete with attachable/detachable horns, we might be willing to pass on the graphs.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If a collector's edition came with a big manual filled with all sorts of game information as its bonus item, I'd actually consider spending the extra money.

Better than a "making of" dvd, a bonus dagger, a bumper sticker, and a pair of plastic coins.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

A bonus dagger that's intentionally scratched to make it look worn. I'm looking at you Batarang and Plasma Cutter.

in fact, compared to a cloth map o' fereldan or plastic dice we would much prefer the graphs as part o' a collector's edition package.

ahaha, QFT! :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.