What are you playing now?

Tigranes

Deleted all my Dead Space 2 data, just to see if it was a corrupted profile.

And promptly went to reading A Game of Thrones instead of actually testing the game. Because I'm scared to know.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

that really sucks about your dead space issues tale, maybe let the game sit for a week or two and a patch will be released and you can replay it? i HATE it when console games lockup.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I heard it's pretty simple and not really worthwhile unless you go MP? I'm on the fence, might try the demo.

edit: Steam only? Blargh.

It was made by a bunch of Swedish college guys, so it's a miracle if you can even get it to start.

..Im on Chapter 8 of 15 in Dead Space 2. I like it alot more than the first game, which I lost interest in after two hours, but I cant explain why. Maybe because they cut down on the "horror" (it was way more annoying than scary) aspects and just made it a regular game.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I figured out why Magicka kept crashing on me! Apparently it has to do with the number of enemies the game can spawn. There are certain areas that if you just run past all the enemies the game will crash to desktop. Stopping to kill some enemies before you get past that point will prevent the crash. My speed(-ier) run is on the move again!

I told you so :facepalm:

Indeed you did, but I already knew that before posting here. :ermm: The second boss was crazy. Snowblind aren't great with balanced games it seems. The first CoN was very easy, a joke even. But here you could easily be one shotted if you aren't careful enough. Still enjoying it, even if BG:DA2 was better.

Wish we got more games like this this gen. Sacred 2 wasn't too hot. Untold Legends(PS3) was a disaster, Deathspank is more parody, Torchlight is fun in small doses. Titan Quest was good enough. This year could be great in this regard:

Dungeon Siege III

Diablo III

Torchlight 2

LOTR: The War in the North

D&D Daggerdale

doesn't Hunted come out in 2011 too?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I've been replaying the classic Tomb Raider series in anticipation of the Tomb Raider reboot and I've made it up to Tomb Raider 4: The Last Revelation. This was the game where I stopped getting Tomb Raiders until the most recent series by Crystal Dynamics. TR4 was my favorite of the classics (this may change as it will be my first time playing TR5: Chronicles & TR6: Angel of Darkness).

The game looks good, especially considering it is over 10 years old and the story is the most interesting of the classic series. It pretty much feels like a Tomb Raider version of the Mummy movie. Ancient curse unleashed on the land involving locust swarms etc. Not the most original of stories, but it fits well.

Some random thoughts on the series so far: Tomb Raider 3 was a ***** to complete. I forgot how huge and complicated the levels are. Often you have to throw a switch which opens some random door or moves something across the map and you need to keep an eye out for anything that looks remotely interactive. I've spent more time trying to beat TR3 than TR 1 & 2 combined. I did really enjoy playing the Gold add on missions for the first time. The Scottish highland missions and the French zoo looked great and were fun to explore.

I'll be excited to finally get to TR5: Chronicles, as it will be the point where I'll be in uncharted territory (I've played the first 4 games before, though 10 years ago). I remember that Chronicles just didn't look as interesting as TR4 had been and I had wanted to see what happened next in the series, while Chronicles was just a random collection of past adventures and by the time Angel of Darkness had come out I had lost interest in the series until the first reboot, Legend was out.

I'm playing the Wheel of Time game. It's a great fantasy shooter with the best use of magic in any game, ever.

There's a wide variety of spells that can all be used in very inventive ways, e.g. killing someone by throwing a "swap person" spell and jumping off a cliff. Bethseda could learn a lot from this game for their own fantasy franchise.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm playing the Wheel of Time game. It's a great fantasy shooter with the best use of magic in any game, ever.

There's a wide variety of spells that can all be used in very inventive ways, e.g. killing someone by throwing a "swap person" spell and jumping off a cliff. Bethseda could learn a lot from this game for their own fantasy franchise.

It's an oldie, but I remember enjoying playing it quite alot way back, I still have a copy somewhere...

And you're right there are interesting elements to the magic system. I would have prefered a mana stamina based system where I learnt spells though...

Yes Bethesda could learn from this, infact any FPS magic system could.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

DOW2. Can't seem to get past the tutorials. I've tried both available campaigns but handing you control of 3 'hero' units and letting you loose on various scripted events, that's really not the strengths of an RTS. Does it get any better ?, do you get resource management, the ability to build units and bases etc. or is it just more of the same. 'Drop' into some map with a random size and composition of forces and earn resources after the fact... They did that in the last game, it sucked.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

DoW2's vanilla campaign sucks. There are some great levels but the majority is the same kind of defend/recapture territory grind we saw in Dark Crusade. Chaos Rising has a much better campaign without the grind missions but again no base building or resource managment. There is some resource managment in the skirmish/multiplayer mode but no base building. Retribution's Imperial Guard can create a number of structures like bunkers, walls and turrets though so you should perhaps get in on the beta next week and see if they offer an experience more to your liking.

Bah, don't need resource management - the harvested type, at least- or bases for an RTS. You get better gear and abilities. Tarkus' ability to have frags depend on energy is very very useful., Cyrus' upper abilities make things a lot easier too.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bah, don't need resource management or bases for an RTS. You get better gear and abilities. Tarkus' ability to have frags depend on energy is very very useful., Cyrus' upper abilities make things a lot easier too.

You don't need them, but some of us like them. Is there a DOW2 demo I can try out before I buy?

sonsofgygax.JPG