Dragon Age 2

Gorth

She's an elf. Probably hundreds of years old! :p

Hundreds of years old or not, that is a lolita.

da elves no longer have life spans measured in millennium. so, if she looks like a kid (with over-developed breasts) then she is a kid. 'course we didn't read the linked info. is she some kinda throwback to ancient elves wit their immortality intact? of late reading biowarian material makes Gromnir sad, so we avoid doing so.

'course, mission from kotor were sorta similar... kinda.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I wonder if she raids old tombs...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have to admit, I did get a good laugh out of the "it would've been easy for us to rest on our laurels" bit in the video. I want DA2 to be a fun game, but statements like that make a part of me want to see hubris punished a little bit.

In short, nothing has changed my general 'wait and see and maybe buy when it's cheaper and I don't have anything better to play' attitude.

It can't take elves several hundred years to complete their growth cycle. It's not biologically plausible, also wouldn't most of all elves be kids then. I mean people die in blights and falling down ladders and such don't they, the longer you live the greater the probability that you will have a fatal accident/ stab wound.

No she must be from a race of pygmy elves with large boobs, prone to chronic back pains. no wonder she looks so morose.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

It can't take elves several hundred years to complete their growth cycle. It's not biologically plausible, also wouldn't most of all elves be kids then. I mean people die in blights and falling down ladders and such don't they, the longer you live the greater the probability that you will have a fatal accident/ stab wound.

I'm not sure what biological plausibility has to do with a fantasy game (ignoring why you would even draw such a conclusion).

The shorter you live though, the greater the probability that a significant portion of your population is children. Both because you've less people living long enough to keep being considered an adult, and it's often an economical situation. The poorest countries with shortest life expectancy are the ones with booming populations, not the rich West.

The funny thing for me: I didn't even notice the boobs until people pointed them out haha.

I have to admit, I did get a good laugh out of the "it would've been easy for us to rest on our laurels" bit in the video. I want DA2 to be a fun game, but statements like that make a part of me want to see hubris punished a little bit.

Well, DA2 seems to be their most successful game to date. I think the idea of just making a DA2 without any significant changes to DAO's game engine and assets would have been an easy solution to ensuring continued success. You can be upset that they are dumbing the game down and whatnot, but intrinsically there is risk simply because they made changes from DAO that many on this very board would argue weren't necessary.

Edited by Thorton_AP

I caved and pre-ordered. I'm sure it'll be fun. It'll likely fail to uphold to DA:O, but I bet it'll be at least as fun as Mass Effect 2. I love Mass Effect 2, so that's good, right? Worst comes to worst, I can always cancel the pre-order.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, if people lived to be 600 there would be even less old people in the worst off places in the world. Hard living takes its toll. Also biological plausibility matters because 'it's magic' is not a satisfactory answer, even if it is magic.

Spending several hundred years before your body reaches its full capacity is a really bad survival strategy, unless you have no natural enemies.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

This is actually a very interesting question - in D&D I believe elves are meant to have a slower growth rate roughly proportionate to how much longer their average lifespan is, so that they can spend at least 50-60 years as a child. I think from memory, in Tolkien lore it was a bit weirder since elves were practically immortal. But then in most fantasy lore these longer lived races are also known for their almost fatally low birthrate, and genetically built in complications towards humanlike mating, no?

Anyway, Thornton I have no idea how you can not notice the breasts, they stand out as hideously as if she had six arms.

Funny thing is, there are a lot of things about DA2 that I like, or think that I'll like - I find their basic premise very compelling and reasonably original (I mean, we're going from "Orcs are coming, let's larp LOTR and copy&paste their battle sequences" to "how did this refugee become a powerful figure"), the crisper art direction is nice even if too animefied, combat changes look good too even if they compromised too much on the tactical combat, etc, they've definitely expanded on the number of animations, and I'm excited that they're trying something new with the retelling narrative style. When I count it like that it's kind of puzzling to see just how the hype has managed to break down all those good points by showing weird things like Girl With Giant Boob Disease and talking about Cool **** Happens When You Press A Button.

Still wait and see. Probably gonna have to see if people here try it and judge (a) the combat, and (b) the actual C&C.

I'm not sure why people feel they have to romance her.

People wanted to "romance" the mute girl from AP. Video game geeks who are also dirty perverts. Shocking.

Anyway, I preordered the game, and I feel none of the shame you other weirdos seem to have a problem with. It doesn't cost any more money and I get a bunch of extra stuff, everybody* wins!

*And by everybody I mean me.

Edited by Hell Kitty

That new girl is repulsive in about a hundred different ways. To me, anyways.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Don't Elves have the same lifespan as humans in DA?

Hawke's voice acting is really bland, worse than Shepard. With the British accent, it sounds like watching a documentary on the BBC. Hopefully female Hawke will be better.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

On the bio boards, it took the first thread of this video about 10 post to note the boobs. Then it was all about that.

The Bio people say her breasts aren't supposed to look big though, it just looks like that in the screencap for some reason.

EDIT:

Apparently the Aerie/Na'vi clone is supposed to be the mage apprentice from the Dalish origin. I didn't even recognize her.

Might be the new look of the elves.

Edited by MrBrown

The funny thing for me: I didn't even notice the boobs until people pointed them out haha.

Same. I watched the video and saw the picture and didn't see anything except usual DA circa 2003 model. Anyway, talking bout the age of some low quality computer model character is about as useful as bashing your head thru stone wall. After long and pointless discussions about various points for and against, there's ALWAYS "rule 34" that'll make everything null and void.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Are any of the main companions from DAO returning?

I wouldn't mind seeing Oghren belching and farting his way through the free marches. Ahh, toilet humor...:lol:

We know Alistair will have a cameo, but none of them will return as companions.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Even if I made him flee and never return? :lol:

Also, seriously, the new char looks so much worse than the old.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee