Deus Ex 3

Pidesco

very nice.

lightsaber was pretty op actually, especially if you were good at being sneaky...

then again, a silenced sniper rifle was insanely good and you could get that early on.

also the gep gun... nuff said

deus ex really isnt a very hard game once you've learned it, but the first level can be rough the first time through since you have no idea what tactics do and dont work, and charging at the enemies early on is a bad idea

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Couldn't you compare superheroes from the SAME universe? :D

Sorry.

There's a difference between being the Thor or the Silver Surfer and being Captain America or Daredevil :)

Yeah. I remember those "offical handbook of the Marvel Universe" tomes from the mid 80's (I think I have 'em somewhere in my attic). DeusEx characters are superheroes, but definately more like Daredevil then Silver Surfer (so probably no jumping to alternate realities, flying, faster then lightspeed movement or other such cosmic features :lol: )

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

The totally original nano-non-eutactic solid blade weapon was great until I fought the MIB and they exploded when they died. You could also break open all crates and many doors with it, which saved on omni-tools and grenades.

Then again, I've always gone the ninja/sniper build for DE. There are 100s of games where I can play Rambo.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

ah, the sweet, sweet nostalgia that always comes when remembering your favourite DeusEx playthroughs...

Like the first time you realise that you could actually save Paul and he didn't have to die..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

my mind melted when i discovered that on my 3rd playthrough.

such an amazing game.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm actually finding the graphics in these previews to be reassuringly shoddy for a modern game, jagged edges and stilted animations (apart from the takedowns, they do kind of rock) all over the place, fingers crossed that just like DX1 they spent most of their time on reactivity, multiple paths and plot development.

I do have a pretty good feeling about this game :)

I'm not saying it looks bad, the cutscenes and takedowns do look amazing, I think I'm focusing on the enemy troops, they seem a bit like mannequins with their expressionless faces and chunky ragdoll physics.

To me the game looks very much like Deus Ex with more polys and bloom, if they keep the depth in tact then I'll be over the moon.

I think the game looks pretty phenomenal personally.

Early days, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

If you're talking about the game breaking sword, I don't see how it could be awesome. I have some vague recollection of charging down and killing some huge robots with it.

It wasn't game breaking, it was awesome, and if you had such a bloody problem with it nobody forced you to use it. o:)

I don't know how you used it, but for the record I've verified in a full playthrough that almost everything (maybe actually everything?) Dragon's Tooth does can also be achieved with the normal sword, melee skilled, and the strength aug (in fact it's not necessary for killing things, just breaking doors/locks/etc).

The fact of the matter is that melee in general is powerful in Deus Ex - and rightly so, 'cause you need to be at point-blank range. Maybe you only ever tried Dragon's Tooth, saw how god it was, and figured it must be overpowered compared to the other melee weapons. IMHO, it's not.

And if you killed a robot with Dragon's Tooth I'd like to know how you survived because robots EXPLODE when they die.

That's all nice and well, guys, but can I play with a girl in this game?

With or as? o:)

If you mean the latter, I'm pretty sure gender's set to male for DXHR. If you mean with, there's always that strange service where you pay-for-play, so to speak. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Not too keen on playing Neo on bad-hairdo-day.

I didn't miss the lack of a female option in Deus Ex 1 and PS:T, and the inclusion of one in Deus Ex 2 added nothing to the game. So I don't mind. As long as the voice acting for the guy is good.

Voice acting for the male is **** in Mass Effect, while the Female's is great, so it kind of forces me to play as a female (not to mention I'd prefer to look at one).

How utterly shocking that a guy doesn't mind playing a guy. Also, being able to play a girl adds nothing to his experience and thus it adds nothing to the game. I mean, I wouldn't have been able to predict that in a thousand years.

Nope. At this point, I'm not even sure you can change Adam's appearence.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

How utterly shocking that a guy doesn't mind playing a guy. Also, being able to play a girl adds nothing to his experience and thus it adds nothing to the game. I mean, I wouldn't have been able to predict that in a thousand years.

It's currently taking a lot of willpower not to reply to your snide post with something equally scathing. Fact is Maria, I also said I don't mind playing as a girl in that post. Some games are better if the developers can focus on one gender (e.g. NOLF, Longest Journey) if not because it allows them to tell a better story, then because of time or art constraints.

Don't like playing as a guy? There are plenty of other games out there for you to play that let you play as a girl. Or perhaps you could learn to be open-minded and play as a guy.

Do you also get enraged when the protagonist of a movie or novel is a guy rather than a girl or do you simply not read or watch them?

Edited by Krezack

I bought ME2 under the impression that I couldn't even alter the default PC appearance let alone change gender. I mean the guy's on the box art!

So a pleasant surprise when I hit the new game button I guess.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

looking at all this stuff about deus ex 3 makes me think/hope that the developers realized all they really need to do to get the masses to buy a game is present shiny graphics and cool action trailers, but they can actually make a game with all the detail and depth they want and the masses will buy it anyway for its looks.

"man this game is complicated yo"

"sure is ma broheim"

"but daaaaamn was it cool when i shot that dude from behind this wall"

"ya bro, shootin lazers is boss!"

"lets go shoot some more fools then drink a mountain dew!"

"xtreeeeeeeem!"

So where will it fall on the bro-o-mater?

bro-ometer.png

So I don't mind. As long as the voice acting for the guy is good.

From what I've heard of the voice acting, anyone pampered enough to consider Mark Meer "bad" (as opposed to not liking his interpretation) is going to feel like he's run into Vlad Țepeș.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif