BioWare's New Game

Maria Caliban

that would be an insanely boring announcement:

"here is our NEW GAME!!

Mass Effect 3: now with multiplayer!"

audience reaction... "wtf i thought they announced this like 5 years ago? who the hell wanted multiplayer in mass effect?"

actually, thats kinda what happened when they announced the "new IP" bioshock infinity...

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

So Mass effect has finally transformed into a FPS.

I'm kind of been wishing for a while that BW will bomb terribly on one game to kind shook them onto the right track.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Who the **** would want multiplayer in Mass Effect? That's an awful idea.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

So Mass effect has finally transformed into a FPS.

Wasn't that ME2 ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm not shocked if ME3 has multiplayer. I remember people saying ME2 would have it before it was released.

Multiplayer does not interest me at all, but I guess it was inevitable with EA wanting all their games to have some online component. I only hope this will not have negative effects on the Single player portion of the game.

Actually, I hope it *is* ME3, so that (a) they can finally be done with the stupid trilogy and make something else, (b) because if it isn't, the screenies look so ME-ish that it's not likely to be very interesting new IP anyway.

I mean, seriously, even if you love ME, 'new game hype' with a couple of screenshots showing a sniper with a ridiculous haircut and what looks like grey-filtered dilapidated urban ruins in space? Not sure what they're doing with their PR, at least THIS IS THE NEW **** had a purpose.

Do they match the profiles of the characters from the ME novels?

I've seen some wishful thinking along those lines, but any connection is vague at best.

I'll take my ME without multiplayer, thanks.

And mostly concur with Tigranes on the lameness of the video, and think it extends to the whole campaign in general.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Virtua Cop

haha, great comparison! that's exactly how it felt while playing ME2 :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Bioware only made the inferior MDK2, not the awesome MDK. Besides MDK was and still is interplay IP, so where does the idea that Bioware could develop MDK3 come from anyway?

Shiny Ent. made the original MDK, as well as Earthworm Jim, Sacrifice, Messiah,... all crazy ideas but all excellent games.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

oh, god... the battle for Earth... how much more cliche could it be :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

Sounds like Dragon Age.

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

Sounds like Dragon Age.

Sounds like The Return of the King.

They did set up the third game as this very clearly. It's still pretty dumb - they keep weakening the Reapers to the point where you can fight back against them. It took the three biggest fleets in Citadel Space to bring down ONE reaper, and there are MILLIONS. If Bio nerfs them any harder it's just going to suck.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Sounds like Dragon Age.

They did set up the third game as this very clearly. It's still pretty dumb - they keep weakening the Reapers to the point where you can fight back against them. It took the three biggest fleets in Citadel Space to bring down ONE reaper, and there are MILLIONS. If Bio nerfs them any harder it's just going to suck.

Return of the King? Really?

Yeah, I think there will be a Deus Ex Machina solution for the Reapers.

Sounds like Dragon Age.

Return of the King? Really?

Yeah, I think there will be a Deus Ex Machina solution for the Reapers.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GondorCallsForAid

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yes, but what battle, really? With the amount of Reapers shown at the end of ME2, one would think they could easily blow the entire planet to smithereens.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yes, but what battle, really? With the amount of Reapers shown at the end of ME2, one would think they could easily blow the entire planet to smithereens.

Knowing what kinda horny dog Shepard is, the galaxy is bound to have a army of little shepards all ready to beat the hell out of the reapers with their baby bottles.