FO: NV (General Discussion)

speaking to Manny before encountering the nightkin leader makes it impossible to talk to the mutie, I think

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

No, you can talk to Manny. The key is

you can't kill all the nightkin. You have to leave at least one alive (this doesn't include the Jailer). So when you first enter their area, immediately go to the leader's room before killing anyone, talk to him, talk to the guy who wants you to check the jail for his friend, kill one or maybe two nightkin to get to the Jailer, go back & get the info from the computer terminal, and when you tell the nightkin leader there's no Stealthboys, he & the rest of his kin disappear. If you have a Stealth Boy or two you might be able to do it without killing any of the nightkin...not sure what their detection abilities are.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

speaking to Manny before encountering the nightkin leader makes it impossible to talk to the mutie, I think

That part I can definitely confirm as wrong. I always talk to Manny first.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

P.S. I hear sometimes he can be bugged, tho.

Oh, and @ Thorton_AP, there's the one quest that uses tin cans...so I stick those in a container too. lol.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So Manny is an undercover agent for the feds? I'll never trust him again!

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The nightkin stuff is pretty easy to do in stealth-mode. Regardless of your skill, you can simply take a stealthboy, if you are fast and know the correct way. Better have two in your inventory (one for way to the jail, one for the way back). You don't even have to kill the jail mutant, as there is a extra key hidden in one of the rooms.

Btw. I personally think the dialogue with Davison was pretty nice...

"A human who is friend to ghouls? Suspicious."

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I just like Davison's Bumper expensive sword. :o But yea, he does have some cool dialogue.

I get a real kick out of Loyal's line. I noticed it for the first time last night. "Once a Republican, always a Republican." lol Comedy. I, for one, am a Republican but I still thought it was funny. Crazy assed Boomers.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Vault 34 seemed a little bugged to me, the quest popups were not backed up by much in-game explanation and I never got to even see the end result of my decision.

The

ghouls

were a big pain for my revolver-based PC and Boone, even at L24.

That's because you didnt have a Hunting Revolver loaded with hollow-point rounds and the cowboy perk, a critical hit with that will kill any

ghoul

with a single hit :D

...and as soon as I realised I had accidentally triggered another quest mid-way, I stopped and went out to try and find out where it began

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I get a real kick out of Loyal's line. I noticed it for the first time last night. "Once a Republican, always a Republican." lol Comedy. I, for one, am a Republican but I still thought it was funny. Crazy assed Boomers.

It's not consistently reinforced, but Vegas locals occasionally refer to NCR folk as simply "Republicans".

...and as soon as I realised I had accidentally triggered another quest mid-way, I stopped and went out to try and find out where it began

Huh.

When I was reading the scrambled terminal logs I first got an option to shut down the reactor for the Sharecropper farms, but I had visited there long before and didn't hear anything about their troubles, or why it might be related. In ignorance I decided to set free the trapped V34 fellows, but I have no idea where I'm meant to go to find/rescue them, anyway. I must have missed a questgiver in the farms or something.

Only ever heard the Republicans stuff at Nellis.

That's even funnier. hehehe The Boomers are just completely nuts, though. I mean, the kid finishes his talk his Joyous comment about raining ordinance down on the savages. lol I don't know what to make of the Boomers. They're funny and not really bad at heart, but they're a violent bunch.

Oh, and congrats on finally achieving your dream of working on a Fallout game. :Cant's huge congratulatory grin icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Dear Obsidian: I have no problem with exploding heads, S&M armor, flying bloody body parts, or liberal cursing, but I draw the line at walking into the Dino-Bite Gift Shop and getting a nice view of Cliff Briscoe rooting around in his nose.

Ewwww.....lol

Btw, is there some tech reason why the save game menu = one huge long scroll-fest list instead of having them separated by character list menus? Scrolling through 60+saves is bad enough when you have multiple chrs....I can't imagine going for all 1000!

I'm more curious as to why I can't name my savegames.

(Cue someone more clever than me saying "You only have to click on blah blah to rename your saves")

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

At least the actual save file tells you which chr. it belongs to. I've resorted to copying all saves of one character to my own folders and then copying them back and forth depending who I want to play...so all the saves in the list are of the one chr, at least. Pain in the butt tho.

Yeah, but I would also rather be able to name them whenI save them also. pain in the butt indeed. hehehe Might be the wine talking. Speaking of which, I screwed up my saves tonight because of the vino. Damn it.

More important than naming my saves, whoever, is not having my quests break. In three attempts, I have never really figured out what the hell is going on with Cassidy. Oh, I've figured out the story, just not what the hell I'm doing wrong. I mean, the sheer number of quests is quite ambititious (or arduous if you prefer. Don't want to invoke Volo) but it's still a pain that I can't finish the Sorrows quest line. OF course, it's made less of a pan in that I don't really like Cass all that much. Her most redeeming quality is that she can throw down the whiskey.

Obsidian Plays

Btw, is there some tech reason why the save game menu = one huge long scroll-fest list instead of having them separated by character list menus? Scrolling through 60+saves is bad enough when you have multiple chrs....I can't imagine going for all 1000!

For the same reason the inventory/stores are huge lists too.

1. Put huge lists everywhere

2. ??????????

3. Profit!

While we are at it, I wanna know who got the idea that mouse acceleration is a good thing?

I'm just saddened at how much Charisma sucks:

- it gives a little boost in speech & barter? amazing...

- it boosts by a small percent your companions attack & defense? they do fine without it even on hardcore...

- no good perk for it...

No wonder why people just leave 1 point on it and boost all other stats, not very rpg'ish mind you, but if it's useless, better put them on something better sadly :-(

I'm surprised that Obsidian didn't include some F2 perks like Cult of Personality, Presence or Master Trader, that would have helped to make Charisma a more viable attribute, hell maybe it could help to resolve way more quests/conflicts with no fighing at all.

Edited by yoomazir

For the same reason the inventory/stores are huge lists too.

1. Put huge lists everywhere

2. ??????????

3. Profit!

While we are at it, I wanna know who got the idea that mouse acceleration is a good thing?

I love lists.

But with a catch. XTree could show more lines of text in 200 vertical pixel CGA than most game save/load interfaces can show in over 1000 vertical pixels. 95% of the screen space on the interface is blank.

Hell, I'd be happy if game save/load interfaces just behaved like the Windows shell default ones. Resizable, tile view, list view, detail view, etc. Wouldn't mind if inventories worked the same way either - and add searchable, sortable, filterable.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Well, I'm level 10 and playing melee on normal is incredibly easy. After I got the perk to knock down enemies nothing can touch me anymore - the nightkin in the REPCONN basement were a pushover with their own Rebar clubs.

Melee is definitely imba.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I'm just saddened at how much Charisma sucks:

I felt all the SPECIAL stats were somewhat underused. When I heard the first time that all the dialog options are going to be shown even if you don't have the stats/skills for them, I was worried that it's going to annoy the hell out of me since I always want to make a character who can take any dialog option available during conversations. Turned out that there aren't that many of them outside of speech. Well, can't have everything.

Well, I'm level 10 and playing melee on normal is incredibly easy. After I got the perk to knock down enemies nothing can touch me anymore - the nightkin in the REPCONN basement were a pushover with their own Rebar clubs.

Melee is definitely imba.

Wait till you meet deathclaws..

Edited by Slinky