What are you playing now

Pidesco

I'm back to playing....pretty much nothing. Oh sure I fool with the NV GECK and do silly things for an hour or two a day, but mostly...I play nothing. May be time for a Fry's run on Monday, see what I can find...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bought Divine Wind exansion for EU III. Of course my current game in progress isn't compatible. Need to finishish it before installing the expansion. Tried multiple installs, but deesn't work since expansions don't ask for the game location. So, move over world while the descendants of Timur Khan rape, pillage and plunder on 4.5 continents (counting India as 0.5) o:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finished NWN2: MotB, and it was my first time even though I've had the game since it's release. I tried to finish it twice before but both of those attempts stopped at the Academy in Act II. This time around I used plenty of cheats to make the fights go faster and I found the game very enjoyable that way, focusing on the story rather than the mindless XP grind.

Now playing NWN2: SoZ, which I've yet to finish too. Last time I played it for about an hour before quitting, something about going back to lower levels after finishing MotB in the upper epic levels just didn't sit well with me.

Tron Evolution.

It somehow managed to combine elements of good with elements of disappointing.

Lots of nice visuals, it comes across as a fairly decent film tie-in type of game. Sets up lots of connections and explains things in a lot more detail for how things are in the film.

However, you don't tend to stop and enjoy the visuals because the pace of the game is set so you're usually rushing through locations rather then enjoying the sights. And while the combat has a flow to it.. it does get a little repetitive.

The multiplayer aspect actually blends in fairly nicely with the single-player story. But they don't really make any good transitions as to why you're doing it.. just sets it up so that at various points you can slip into the "game grid".

The lightcycle sections at first look really nice... but then you realise it's basically an on-rails type of travel and there's no actual opportunity to use lighttrails to take out opponents. It's more high speed from point a to point b along a single narrow track with occasional disruptions.

My main grief with it is that there are several locations where its a flipping pain to move along. The whole.. urban running style in games is beginning to get a bit annoying and overused. But there are a few locations where the camera suddenly locks in tight, at odd angles, and the controls get incredibly fiddly and the slightest wrong movement sends you plunging to your doom. So with a checkpoint system that will quite often have you running across x distance you can do in your sleep, and then this simple 5 second piece of travelling that you keep failing at.. reload back to the checkpoint and start all over.. you can end up spending 10-15 minutes with multiple reloads trying to get past a simple 10-15 second stretch of movement. Which can get exceptionally frustrating. Especially when it happens for the 5th time in the game... >_<

One point of note, although they've said they coordinated with the Tron Legacy film, to set it up as a kind of "prequel" story and yes, there are a few characters and scenes that you'll recognise when you see the film.. there are a few things that seem to be told in "different" ways. Notably a couple of aspects about the ISO's, the Purge, and Quorra....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

In the real world (that's outside this forum), you'll find that describing most games. >_<

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Finished NWN2: MotB, and it was my first time even though I've had the game since it's release. I tried to finish it twice before but both of those attempts stopped at the Academy in Act II. This time around I used plenty of cheats to make the fights go faster and I found the game very enjoyable that way, focusing on the story rather than the mindless XP grind.

Wuss

Also, try playing evil if you haven't yet, it's awesome.

In the real world (that's outside this forum), you'll find that describing most games. :p

Not quite to that extreme that it comes across in that game.. >_<

Honestly, Tron 2.0 actually gave me a more.. glowing, nostalgic feel for the Tron universe then Tron Evolution did.

I was hoping it would give you that feeling of being inside a computer again...but it doesn't really convey that sort of mood. Which in a Tron game, is really, seriously disapointing.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Pirates, fun little game. Dislike the minigames, but simplest way of implementing dancing and fencing, I suppose.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

just finished battlefield bad company 2. quite an enjoyable lil shooter for $7. I tried the multiplayer for about 30 minutes, it feels just like battlefield 2, and I played that for a few weeks back in the day but don't feel the need to do more of it. if i ever get the urge for a shooty session i'll probably play some more of it, or just go back to team fortress 2. Side note: bad company 2 campaign is absolutely better than CoD world at war, but is probably not quite as good as CoD: MW or MW 2.

played just cause 2 for a few hours, verdict: a little too mindless for my taste, its really insane when you think about how big the world is and how crazy it feels to fly around it and parachute around etc, but the actual "game" part was uninteresting to me. Red Faction: Guerrilla did a MUCH better job in creating a compelling experience.

played FEAR for a little while. nice atmosphere, boring levels/enemies. i need more compelling reasons to play a fps than what were given to me. I just didn't care about what was happening and the game wasn't fun enough on its own to make me keep playing it, i'd rather replay half life or something.

note: I am experiencing severe deja vu right now, and in my deja vu (sp?) i said these exact comments about the same games last year, which is impossible.

just started another game of dragon age. I got the ultimate edition because I wanted to try awakenings and it came with all the dlc included so what the heck. I'm going for an elf peasant rogue, and will probably take leliana (but use a mod to make her a mage), morrigan, and either alistair, sten, or dog. I've played once with alistair in party already, but I actually like his dialogue and sten seems a little dull.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Finished NWN2: SoZ, very nice changes to the original, but the story wasn't that interesting and all the side quests along with random caves seemed copy pasted. The trade system was interesting at first but when I learned it wasn't serving meaningful purpose in the game it felt like a bit of a let down. The game was positive experience but I doubt I'll ever play it again.

Now playing Torchlight.

Edited by trulez

I got Batman:AA on ps3 for my sister and i figured it doesn't hurt if i replay it myself.

I'm still playing Septerra Core as well, just got to Shell 4 Bazar Purkkkakkke.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I just bought Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and Persona 3 Portable with some christmas cash and gift cards. With God of War: Ghost of Sparta this brings up my Christmas gift games to 3, all of them PSP games remarkably.

I wonder what I should play first.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished Bioshock 2. Pretty good game. The freeze plasmid seems to be an instant win option though. Still an enjoyable experience.

Was playing Just Cause 2 at the same time and it was crazy fun at first, with the zip line, parachute, vehicle hijacking and everything else you can do. I'm kinda bored now, since all the missions boil down to run in and kill/destroy everything in order to cause chaos. The environment and graphics are gorgeous though and the island is huge.

It's good fun in short bursts. Seem to have trouble finishing open world games, with the exception of the two recent Fallout games. I guess I need a good narrative or story to push the game along or else I get lost doing a bunch of random stuff and then get bored.

Side note: bad company 2 campaign is absolutely better than CoD world at war, but is probably not quite as good as CoD: MW or MW 2.

That's odd seeing as WaW was better than MW1 and MW2. :p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Replaying Dragon Age at the moment, started up a female city elf rogue. It's funny... Each time I start the game up I have naysayers comments on the internet fresh in my mind, and my own dislike for many "Biowarisms", but Dragon Age always pulls me in right away despite all that. It's an excellent game, certainly Bioware's best if you ask me.

Anyways, also tried installing some mods. Mostly tweaks and fixes but I also gave in and installed the Ser Gilmore NPC mod. I have no idea as to the quality of this, I tend to be dubious of companion mods, but I guess we'll see!

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Side note: bad company 2 campaign is absolutely better than CoD world at war, but is probably not quite as good as CoD: MW or MW 2.

That's odd seeing as WaW was better than MW1 and MW2. :p

And Blops is miles ahead of either of them.

I'm starting to prefer Treyarch to IW.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Good, keep going. Any impressions so far?

The combat is getting slightly boring but other than that i'm enjoying it.

Yeah that's not really going to change, you can try different card combinations to spice it up or just listen to some music/podcast/audiobook while doing really long dungeon areas.