RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

No. They released models, writing (which was extremely good I might add) and a little "program" or whatever you can call it which gave a taste of how dialogue/text adventuring would work. I think there was also a character creator.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

From a member of 2k, here's whats wrong with video games

You ready?

Are you sure?

Ok, I warned you!

340x_gaymarine.jpg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Obviously games need to focus more on racial stereotypes and beating up hookers.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No. They released models, writing (which was extremely good I might add) and a little "program" or whatever you can call it which gave a taste of how dialogue/text adventuring would work. I think there was also a character creator.

Oh well, just one more reason to announce stuff when it's ready or almost ready.

Apple has it right.

Edited by Purkake

What you're saying is that the problem with games is they don't have enough sex?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I read the source, which refers to EA Montreal... Which are two different studios? :/

In fact, according to this: http://www.techvibes.com/blog/bioware-to-e...r-mass-effect-3 Bio Montreal has basically a skeleton crew.

vs. EA Montreal

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I read the source, which refers to EA Montreal... Which are two different studios? :/

In fact, according to this: http://www.techvibes.com/blog/bioware-to-e...r-mass-effect-3 Bio Montreal has basically a skeleton crew.

vs. EA Montreal

Nope, the source clearly states Bio Montreal. They're hiring those people and you can read it on the Bio website.

Also while it's true that montreal was only a skeleton studio to support Edmonton on ME2, they're now ramping up to become a full-fletched and independent studio that works on it's own games.

I can't believe there's a third Bioshock game. It's like making a second Dai-Katana. Hell, if it had been made these days, Daikatana would probably get 5 sequels and 3 spinoffs.

Oh right, btw, did you see in the video, there was a sniper rifle and head shots as the dominant gameplay feature. Never seen that before. That'll make me rush right out and buy the game for sure.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.