What are you playing now

Gorth

Still playing Space Ranger 2. Getting sort of decent at it. Still dies regularly and wonder why I keep forgetting that there is no autosave :(

It should save every time you land on a new planet or station. Unless you disabled that option.

I'm not in a hurry to get Starcraft 2. I actually didn't like the first.

I'll see if Wal-Mart has it tomorrow. If not, I'll place an Amazon.com order and wait for the free shipping.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still playing Space Ranger 2. Getting sort of decent at it. Still dies regularly and wonder why I keep forgetting that there is no autosave :p

It should save every time you land on a new planet or station. Unless you disabled that option.

Muahaha... it had a "Turnwise Save" option (which defaults to 'Never') :p

I just needed to use the scrollbar on the option screen to get down there and see it. Thanks :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So, who will be playing Starcraft 2 shortly? I will probably be at my local store and buy it around midnight... :)

Didn't play the first one; see no reason to change that with the second.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So, who will be playing Starcraft 2 shortly? I will probably be at my local store and buy it around midnight... :)

I'm actually quite hyped. I liked the first game, but I'm hardly a Blizzard fanboy. Maybe it isn't that good, but at least I will know afterwards that even the best will eventually succumb to good marketing :)

I was in the beta from relatively early on though, so it's not that I will have no idea of what I'm buying.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I'll see if Wal-Mart has it tomorrow. If not, I'll place an Amazon.com order and wait for the free shipping.

:D

We obviously have a different concept of "not being in a hurry". :)

Yeah, this is closer to what I consider not being in a hurry. I'm not in a hurry, much for the same reason.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

:D

We obviously have a different concept of "not being in a hurry". :)

Hey, Amazon.com free shipping could take up to a week. If they even have it in stock!

Not a hurry to me says "I'll buy it when I see it, but I won't hunt for it."

Your not a hurry sounds more like no intent. I plan on seeing reviews first, of course.

Edited by Tale

I'm caving. Future Shop is open nationwide at midnight, so I'll probably swing by and camp them out later.

I'm undecided. I'm thinking either a James Bond Recruit AP run or Starcraft. I really want to replay AP, but I might buy Starcraft 2 this week and I remember absolutely nothing about Starcraft 1. Maybe I'll just extract the cinematics like I did with Diablo and the older C&C games.

Edited by Tale

Zero interest in Starcraft 2, but Gorth's excitement about Space Rangers 2 has me intrigued. I looked it up on Gamestop's website and it seems like a game I might enjoy, and it's only a 1.18 Gb download too. Hmm...

In the meantime, with the release of the 1.04 patch, I've been playing DA:O again, with the intention of finally getting around to playing through both Awakening and the DLCs I haven't gotten around to yet.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Very interesting.

I suggest giving the original Starcraft a whirl. It has a pretty good story and some great characters. All the story missions flow into each other so the endings of the previous race's campaigns affect how the next campaign will start. It also has a very RPGish feel because you're not some god-like entity giving orders from above. For the Terran, you're a new commander, for the Zerg, a favored cerebrate and for the Protoss you are the new Executor of the fleet, replacing the dishonored Tassadar for communicating with the Dark Templar. All the other characters recognize you and call you by those titles, so you feel more invested and part of the story.

There are some great missions where you are only controlling a few units and are tasked with breaking into research centers and such.

The game came out when I was living in Korea, so I was swept up into the whole pvp scene, but when I had some time to myself I tried playing some the single player and the story pretty much hooked me. I've been waiting to see what happens for a long time now and am pretty glad that Blizzard split the story into three separate games so they can do each race justice.

I don't know if you're talking to me, but I've played it. I just find a lot of the missions way too long and boring.

It even has a defense mission. I hate those.

I don't know if you're talking to me, but I've played it. I just find a lot of the missions way too long and boring.

It even has a defense mission. I hate those.

No, just to peeps who haven't played it.

Different tastes I guess, I loved the defense mission for the Terrans. The first time I played the that mission, I was nearly overrun at the last minute and it was awesome when the dropships came in just as my last bunkers were destroyed.

I didn't feel the missions were overly long, but it might have been due to playing multiplayer first, so I had worked out some viable strategies and build orders that sped the process up.

You didn't find the story interesting though? Its been done before, but I found it entertaining.

Edited by Azure79

I liked Starcraft 1 for lots of reasons but Starcraft 2 is just too.... overwhelming.

At the moment I've only got time for one big game in my life, SC2 isn't it.

What's the Diablo 2 release date, BTW? :shifty:

sonsofgygax.JPG

I liked Starcraft 1 for lots of reasons but Starcraft 2 is just too.... overwhelming.

At the moment I've only got time for one big game in my life, SC2 isn't it.

What's the Diablo 2 release date, BTW? :shifty:

Think you mean Diablo 3 right? I have no idea, but when it comes out we can both ruin our social lives together.

I have 2 experiences with StarCraft1. The 1st was me buying it not long after it came out and having it crash on my then-PC to the point that I shelved/forgot about it. The 2nd was hubby later, on different pc's, trying it out & watching him play for a bit before he decided it wasn't for him.

Currently in the not interested category but if the reviews spark my interest I may try it at some late date.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, I'm basically over the entire RTS genre. I've tried to get into a few titles here and there, but it doesn't appeal to me. So the only reason I like Starcraft 2 is the cut scenes, and I can see those on youtube.

my flatmate just picked up his copy of Starcraft 2, but probably wont be playing it today coz it's his gf's birthday

i'll check it out when he plays it to see if i'm interested

i've been having a few rage inducing games of LoL

last game i played had ridiculous lag. then about 5min in i got disconnected. took about 20mins to get back in and at that point i was like 6 levels behind. still managed to make quite a good comeback and get a few kills in, then the lag got too crazy and i eventually died. then after the respawn timer counted down to zero i just didn't respawn...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I finally got Assassin's Creed 2 to work, yesterday, after wrangling for a few days with Ubisoft's tech support.

This first bit of advice kind of shocked me:

"Your antivirus and firewall needs to be OFF, if not downright uninstalled. Exceptions are not good enough."

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I finally got Assassin's Creed 2 to work, yesterday, after wrangling for a few days with Ubisoft's tech support.

This first bit of advice kind of shocked me:

"Your antivirus and firewall needs to be OFF, if not downright uninstalled. Exceptions are not good enough."

Hm, maybe we need to send Ubisoft a few boxes of condoms. "We might be getting shafted, but you better use some protection..."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."