Music

Walsingham

Go watch a random black metal video (preferably Dimmu Borgir or Immortal) on Youtube and read through the comments a bit. Comedy gold.

There is no heavy metal, there is only Manowar.

manowar1c.jpg

The is a serious escalation of awesomeness in this thread, I particularly like the guy at the front's Were-Paw. Graraaahhhllll!

sonsofgygax.JPG

Conception.jpg

These guys also happen to be my favorite band. Let me see if I can find that picture where Roy Khan is wearing a skirt...

Hah, here it is:

380_photo.jpg

They sure do make awesome music, though.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Easily the best of post-reunion Agent Steel.

So, I've been getting back into Agent Steel recently, and I must say while I still do love the 80s material my opinion of the later stuff has risen greatly (with the exception of Alienigma, which is still pretty mediocre). Order of the Illuminati is easily one of the best speed metal albums I've heard, and Bruce Hall, while he's no John Cyriis, does a fantastic job.

Agent%20Steel%20AgentSteel[1].jpg

I wish I could find a picture of them being abducted by aliens...or something. This one isn't goofy enough. Bernie Versailles does look absolutely hilarious, though.

Edited by Oblarg

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Go watch a random black metal video (preferably Dimmu Borgir or Immortal) on Youtube and read through the comments a bit. Comedy gold.

There is no heavy metal, there is only Manowar.

manowar1c.jpg

The is a serious escalation of awesomeness in this thread, I particularly like the guy at the front's Were-Paw. Graraaahhhllll!

That's not a were-paw. He's fisting a chihuahua.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Speaking of Serenity, I went to see the Curst Sons

www.myspace.com/thecurstsons

Toe tapping dirty country songs about hanging and shooting and so on. From Brighton. :o

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I got the song

stuck in my head, after looking at

-Elwood Blues

Matt Vinci is underrated - the bass lines on this album are every bit as good as anything Steve Harris has ever done.

Without really thinking I surfed to this rendition of
this morning.

I don't know exactly what it was, but it suddenly brought it all home for me. My grandmother loved it when she was alive because my grandfather loved it (he was Irish). My mum loved it because my grandmother loved it. My uncle too, though he's not dead just living thousands of miles away. My brother likes it though he's not dead just loopy. I guess my whole family has atomised these last few years like a wayward rebel planet with no weapons.

Anyway, the point is it set me blubbing when I've been pretty stiff-upper-lipped trhough almost everything. And I wondered if everyone has a tune like that, and ifw e share tunes or if the tunes have similarities despite differences in culture and ordinary taste.

we know what you mean

warning: pg-13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15qc3_joy5A

always brings a tear to our eye... 'members our time in southie.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It's so great to hear John Cyriis in Agent Steel again. Bruce Hall was by all means a good vocalist, but no one can emulate Cyriis.