Music

Walsingham

Also, what a disturbing topic for a song - an old man, locked in an attic, going insane? How do people come up with this stuff?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Also, what a disturbing topic for a song - an old man, locked in an attic, going insane? How do people come up with this stuff?

have always wanted a voice like Robbie Robertson's. unfortunately, we sound more like jason bateman... slight deeper. go figure.

HA! Good Figure

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Trying once again to get into Iron Maiden, so I'm going to give Seventh Son of a Seventh Son a full listen.

I don't know, I've never been able to see why Maiden is such a popular band. Yeah, they were an important influence, but I can think of so many 80s metal albums which outshine everything I've heard by them.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Trying once again to get into Iron Maiden, so I'm going to give Seventh Son of a Seventh Son a full listen.

I don't know, I've never been able to see why Maiden is such a popular band. Yeah, they were an important influence, but I can think of so many 80s metal albums which outshine everything I've heard by them.

You're dead inside Oblarg. Nothing bad with that. But you're dead inside.

You're dead inside Oblarg. Nothing bad with that. But you're dead inside.

I even went to go see them live with a friend, but our tickets were partially destroyed when it poured rain on us and thus the **** running the venue wouldn't let us get to our actual seats, so we had to stand on the lawn. On top of that, Dream Theater opened for them, and all *that* accomplished was making me really wish I was back a few months earlier in the front row in a small venue seeing Fates Warning again (what a fantastic show that was, and the tickets were cheaper!).

Overall, they weren't bad, but they certainly weren't deserving of the massive amounts of praise that they get.

Edited by Oblarg

Also, the song is Shadows of Iga, not The King is Dead as the title would have you believe.

You know, sometimes the simple songs are the best. There's something truly brilliant about a verse riff that's so simple yet so amazingly good at the same time.

You know, sometimes the simple songs are the best. There's something truly brilliant about a verse riff that's so simple yet so amazingly good at the same time.

That album art looks like a George Alec Effinger novel.

EDIT: I'm listening to the awesomely jazz funk riffs of Petit Sekou.

Actually better clip which has the random laughing worked in.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Very close to knowing all the guitar leads for the first half of the song. Second half will be more difficult, I'm sure.

The world is a scary place/ now that you've woken up the demon/ in me

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

The world is a scary place/ now that you've woken up the demon/ in me

Get up, come on get down with the sickness

Ah, now that brings me back :ermm:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Just nailed this guitar solo.

Not bad for only having played for 11 months, eh?